What to do with all those empty pellet cans

Wow JCD!!!

A rough count of your wall is 720 tins even if they were 10 bucks each to your door that would still be 7200.00 and at even 150 pellets per tin you are over 100,000 shots....

That is how you get good my friend.

Still working on it...

1568896055_19546791635d837437ca6a03.40429638_tin wall.jpg

The 7200.00 in pellets was clearly offset in beer money savings. That room really reflects all the “natural light” . 😂

SO...if the other side ever delivers an EMP, what will become of all those metal tins?😲

Nothing.. and that means everything from no impact, to 'it would be that last thing I'd worry about' to vaporization.... all depending upon the source of the EMP Pulse.

Back to topic again.... the OP is looking for pellet tin use ideas. Mine was "garage art", kinda. 

Depends on what I have and what I shoot. I hate tins with lift off lids but that's all some of the pellets I shoot come in. Other pellets I shoot come in screw lid tins. When I empty a screw lid tin of pellets, I save it and refill it with pellets from a lift off lid tin. With a hair dryer I heat and carefully remove the labels using a knife then fingers, discarding the original pellet label from the screw lid and replacing it with the pellet label from the lift off lid. Cuts down on spilled pellet incidents and allows me to carry, say, AA Heavy Fields in the side pouch of my soft case without the tin opening. Then I shoot those nasty empty lift off lid tins just for GP. Eventually you'll have more screw lid tins than you need and you can give new ones to your buddies.

Reactions: crowski
To continue the idea of recycling pellet tins, I took the "Ted Targets" that @NMshooter brought to our attention to another level. I made these "SkeeterHawk Spinning Ted Targets":
20230209_142235.jpg

I went ahead and outlined how to put them together step-by-step over on the Resources page here. I wanted a target that I didn't have to go out and reset. Here is a quick demonstration that I posted with the assembly instructions:

Keep up the recycling efforts, my brothers (and sisters). We're saving the planet, one Plink at a time 😉

Happy plinking!

Jonathan

Reactions: fatmatic
JSB asked me to send my cans back to them so they could use them to replace cans that arrived damaged from their supplier.
OK, I must say that I got a considerable amount of joy from shooting my empty pellet tins today, watching them spin around, and am looking forward to destroying the rest. I'd say that I am getting at least $0.50 worth of pleasure from each tin right now, so how are they compensating you?