🤔What to do for a hiking / packable solution

Ok so here's the situation. I'm not a big hiking guy but my other half just loves to hike. Every time we go on a hike and I mean every single time I always have that "if I only had my (insert any air rifle currently owned) "

So I want to finally put an end to that ever happening again, and am going to start taking an compact air rifle along, along with a 4wt fly rod or light spinning gear as well, because that happens a lot also.

I'd been holding out for a vision I had of making a JSAR Raptor mini into a packable option, but am glad I held out on that one, but now that option is gone.

I kind of want a Leshiy but having to pay $1400 for the gun then add to it to get what I want kind of sucks.
FX Dream Lite compact? Is sort of under powered but I could make it work without having to do too much to it. But again at $1300 shouldn't have to do more than air and shoot.
Kral NP-03 $450, I can take it apart spend a little time in it and make it into what I want.. Only real problem being no ones had a .25 in US since Oct 19' PA keeps adjusting the availability date, I've been checking since Oct 19' and now it's at 3/20/20. Got a email reply from Kral export manager yesterday saying that PA does have them, so maybe tomorrow when I email PA I will get a potential availability date. 
Stick with.my Mrod in Bullpup stock, shorten shroud making it OAL 28", currently tuned to a modified 40/40 tune getting 37ish shots with Hades .25 @ 43 fpe, that are absolute lasers out to 50 - 80 yrds. In current regulated tune exceeds both high end guns.
I'm really leaning towards just buying a 29" pack and just doing a few things to the Mrod and once the Kral becomes available get it in .22, and don't even trip over the .25 because its covered.
And really I could just use my Talonp and just take the tank off, but where's the fun in that😉

Well, speaking from someone who has been married almost 42 years. If you bring an airgun or fly rod, you're going to hear about it. I know if I brought fishing gear, the "hike" would end at the first body of water. My suggestion, spend the day with your wife hiking and make it a point to take her along next time you go fishing or shooting.

Besides, if you have a airgun with you, you won't see anything to shoot, it's when you don't have it with you, they show themselves. 😉

Leshiy, the ultimate backpack rifle.

I get it, you can do a lot with them, but for the 1 purpose I am trying to find a solution for, already having a gun that is only a few inches in OAL more, and is dialed in perfectly to me, what makes the Leshiy that much better for this application?

😀its the opposite of buyers remorse, it's not wanting to spend the $$$

Well, speaking from someone who has been married almost 42 years. If you bring an airgun or fly rod, you're going to hear about it. I know if I brought fishing gear, the "hike" would end at the first body of water. My suggestion, spend the day with your wife hiking and make it a point to take her along next time you go fishing or shooting.

Besides, if you have a airgun with you, you won't see anything to shoot, it's when you don't have it with you, they show themselves.
1f609.svg

There's room for both fishing and a little hunting. She's acknowledged and even said don't you have something that could shoot one of those.. or look at those trout, why didn't you bring something and catch us a few of those.

Now mind you, more so the with small game, and +1000 during Turkey season which is why I want 40fpe+.

When I go Turkey hunting I never see them, but go on a hike and I can hit them with the car door getting out😅

Go back next day with gun, don't as much hear them in the distance..its crazy

Besides, if you have a airgun with you, you won't see anything to shoot, it's when you don't have it with you, they show themselves. 😉

Hit the nail on the head, best advice ever. Haha

Actually as a long time Leshiy owner, they don’t “need” anything except a scope. It is the undisputed king of a backpack powerhouse. But also the undisputed king of a big dent in your wallet. You might want to consider a 2240 bottle build. Mine shoots 14.3’s 650fps for 50 shots crazy accurate. I could raise the ninja reg for more velocity but I just wanted better than CO2 velocity and big shot count.

The NP-03 was on back order because of a QC issue. Kral's US office said the next batch is due mid-March. I've been waiting for my .25 since October!

According to email from Kral export manager they are already in US.

But I fear so many are backordered that this first batch may already be spoken for.

If not I will jump in line, but I hate doing preorders, but if there's a chance I'll get one I will order it.

I was going to get a UK one, but export manager confirmed what I thought, that the restrictive changes UK versions have are not impossible to deal with, but not easy either, and it would be in my best interest not to go that route, so I won't.

V

NP-03 packs up nice and small. I'm running 20 shots at 45fpe in 25 with mine. 
1583106503_19404802185e5c49c7b90ca1.98273970_20200202_184627.jpg

Haven't been a .25 available US spec since 10/19.

I may just order one from PA tomorrow, if they can guarantee delivery by listed in stock date of 3/20/20.

Unless you're have have another Troy just sitting around, if so spread the wealth bro
1f606.svg

I wish I had a dozen. I sold everything I had in stock a while back. Super fun little gun. Very light and a good trigger. Mine is consistent under 1lb pull. 

thammer what distance of accuracy do they have ?

I'm a minute of Squirrel out to 75 yards pretty easily with polymags. Shooting 2 full mags at about 880fps. Barrel has been polished and a new crown cut. Custom air stripper in the shroud plus a valve tune and new hammer springs. One of my favourite guns.

THANKYOU

If you just want it to plink or for smallish pesting it's hard to beat the Crosman CO2 and pumpers you can build in the Custom shop. Not power houses but can be modified to shoot harder easily and they are very lightweight guns. Stocks come off with a couple of screws and that makes them Ideal for backpacking. Then again there is always the HW44 pistol.

https://www.crosman.com/custom-shop/

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Weihrauch_HW44_Air_Pistol_FAC_Version/4421#8584

Or put a folding stock on your Mrod.