What to buy for longe range shooting

Hi,

i,m looking at adding another pcp to my growing collection, Only to be really used on long range shooting, At the moment i have a Vulcan 3 .22 which i use for my 100m shots and it is super accurate at this distance, i also have a Edgun L2 in.30 which i use as my mooching around rifle mainly shooting at sub 50m and i,m looking for recommendations for something if possible to shoot out to 200m?, i was thinking on .30 cal again so would need to be ultra powerfull, My reasurch keeps me going back to a FX M3 sniper with mods ?, anybody point me in the right direction ?

I think that you have to focus on an Airgun that’s able to shoot slugs accurately. Theirs many guys that have good luck with 177 on up so I don’t think the caliber is as important as the guns abilities to shoot slugs. But with heavier slugs work better in windy conditions. I have great results with my pulsar 177 hp and impact 25 with 36.2 slugs, but theirs other guns that do well with slugs. Good luck 

I'd look at DeltaWolf HP too, you can change calibers with it if you want to go up or down, they have it in 30 to 17. If they made a 257 it might be a really good choice if the ammo loading is long enough (need about .750 inch long).

That said, much of the really long work is moving to 257 with slugs, many people making custom guns. Generally speaking, you will want a long barrel, in the 24 to 32 inch range. All this depends on how much making you want to do vs how much shooting. A Texam LSS in 257 would get you shooting right away.

me, long range is over 50 and mrod25 or kratos would be my choice for hitting a possum on the other side of the road at 80y...anywhere i can shoot hundreds of yards i can shoot a firearm, maybe in .223 from a decent gun maybe 400$ 'with' scope .. investing thousands of dollars in an airgun for that crosses the line lol .. guess one really has to love the thought of airguns, 'saving money on ammo' isnt cutting it for an excuse lol ...

With my 700mm .25 caliber slug A liner in the Impact, shooting NSA slugs, I used to plink paint cans at 218 yards. I could hit several in a row when the wind was fairly steady.

They are one of several guns good for that kind of long range.

Love the gun enough to have three of them now so I no longer have to change the barrels and re-tune. Here are a few of my 218 yard targets.

I think long range with a air gun. 200y+ . + big money has nothing to do with saving money have to do more with the challenge n fun of being able to hit something pretty far with a pcp .. but right now guns in the $600 to $800 will get you pretty far.. guns are starting to come out sheap n high power .. I imagine that 400y is pretty boring with a PB.. almost no way to miss..

I shoot the M3, in .22 easily out to 200 yards on squirrels. I am shooting NSA 31.2 slugs at 1020fps and it works great. To be able to get this speed with 700mm barrel, the Huma Power Tune Kit was used. Last week I shot 201 squirrels in one morning in Nevada. Go back in two weeks. Hope for better wind.

Just recently I met with a couple of guys from Airguns of Arizona. I specifically was interested in the Daystate Deltawolf. For some reason, in .22 only, the gun is not shooting heavier slugs well. They are having barrels made for them from Lilja. Should be available soon. Now the other calibers shoot slugs just fine.

so if interested in the Deltawolf, talk to the guys at AOA. They are the ones that know how to set them up for speed.

With my 700mm .25 caliber slug A liner in the Impact, shooting NSA slugs, I used to plink paint cans at 218 yards. I could hit several in a row when the wind was fairly steady.

They are one of several guns good for that kind of long range.

Love the gun enough to have three of them now so I no longer have to change the barrels and re-tune. Here are a few of my 218 yard targets.

Same solutions for my problem.

Patrick