AEA WHAT THE HECK…3500+ FOOT POUNDS OF ENERGY FROM A .95 caliber AIR RIFLE

I remember reading about Dennis Quackenbush and Gary Barnes having this same discussion regarding big bore airguns back on the old yellow forum 20+ years ago.
20 years ago was 20 years ago and a big bore then was .25 or .30cal at 3000psi. Apples to oranges.

For the record I'm much more concerned about an accident getting unwanted attention.

Headline :

MAN BLOWS OWN LEG OFF WITH .95 CALIBER AIR RIFLE

Or any number of freak accident that can occur when dealing with .95cal from a company known to have QC issues.

Done.

Last edited:
I remember reading about Dennis Quackenbush and Gary Barnes having this same discussion regarding big bore airguns back on the old yellow forum 20+ years ago.
Unfortunately, things are not the same as 20 years ago. There are more retards out there like never before. Especially in my state...

That was also before every Tom, Dick, and Jack wagon had a cell phone with instant access to load up videos to the masses drooling for fresh content on their screens.

Reactions: MrP and Momar2
Coming in 2025 from none other than AEA... I give you the 155mm Zues!

Runs on a regulated 15000 psi, fills to 30000 psi! Generator powers the built in compressor which is powered by the 15 liter diesel engine!

1000006435.jpg

3 shots per fill.

Backyard friendly.

Relatively I think we just about hit the power and recoil level max.in .510 cal. A 650 grain .510 slug will.scope you with my stock .510 Texan. 1.5 ounces of lead is a lot of recoil...At this power level it routinely strips.out stock.screws...Ripped.threads out of frame.factory for.end....Lossens scope.rails.ect.... Also if we could shoot..510 650 grains at a 1000 fps you would have 1000 foot pounds of energy at 300 yards...What more do you want😀 My 2 cents...

Relatively I think we just about hit the power and recoil level max.in .510 cal. A 650 grain .510 slug will.scope you with my stock .510 Texan. 1.5 ounces of lead is a lot of recoil...At this power level it routinely strips.out stock.screws...Ripped.threads out of frame.factory for.end....Lossens scope.rails.ect.... Also if we could shoot..510 650 grains at a 1000 fps you would have 1000 foot pounds of energy at 300 yards...What more do you want😀 My 2 cents...
Seriously, all that damage in a PCP? A .50 BMG is laying down between 10~15,000 FPE IIRC. And I've never heard about one of them coming apart. And my Alken scope is rated for .50 cal.

Perhaps there's an issue with the quality of the gun slinging that lead downrange?

Reactions: MrP
20 years ago was 20 years ago and a big bore then was .25 or .30cal at 3000psi. Apples to oranges.

For the record I'm much more concerned about an accident getting unwanted attention.

Headline :

MAN BLOWS OWN LEG OFF WITH .95 CALIBER AIR RIFLE

Or any number of freak accident that can occur when dealing with .95cal from a company known to have QC issues.

Done.

Big bores have been around since well before Lewis and Clark.
There will always be a small group of parinoid extremest , that want to outlaw everything from sling-shots, to firearms.
Freak accidents happen no matter the size of the slug, and are often due to ignorance, and/or a lack of knowledge or training.
Being a paranoid airgun enthusiast, will only add fuel to their fire.

Reactions: Sawney Bean
Coming in 2025 from none other than AEA... I give you the 155mm Zues!

Runs on a regulated 15000 psi, fills to 30000 psi! Generator powers the built in compressor which is powered by the 15 liter diesel engine!

View attachment 443183

3 shots per fill.

Backyard friendly.
This will be perfect for the 2024 EXTREME BENCHREST competition!
Maybe they will move the target out to 1000 yards?
LOL!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Seriously, all that damage in a PCP? A .50 BMG is laying down between 10~15,000 FPE IIRC. And I've never heard about one of them coming apart. And my Alken scope is rated for .50 cal.

Perhaps there's an issue with the quality of the gun slinging that lead downrange?
The amount of vibrations from large springs and hammers and slow recoil pulse much different than powder burners.