What The FX Pocket Chrono Should Have Been - Rechargable

A simple 4.2v wall wart charger works fine. The battery pack has a built in bms to prevent over charging. https://www.amazon.com/EIKS-Universal-Adapter-Charger-Selectable/dp/B08LZP32L2/
All lithium battery chargers have a proper charging algorithm, it is Necessary. If you are lucky using a straight voltage/amp, you will just lose much of the batteries life, if unlucky runaway and fire. Built in overcharge/overdischarge boards are only that and nothing more, you can have a runaway battery charging improperly with all lithium chemistries below the overcharge setpoint on the board.

Provided the 4.2V charger has a suitable current limit (not exceeding the maximum recommended charge rate of the battery pack), and the pack has integral overcharge protection, it's about as safe as can reasonably be expected. The risk of a lithium pack failing and catching fire is never zero, and there is an abundance of lithium batteries on the market made in overseas factories with questionable QC practices and a prime goal of making them as cheaply as possible, so there is a deep rabbit hole we could go down if we really wanted to assess the safety of a specific battery+charger+load combination but I think that goes beyond the scope of what we are talking about here. How's that for a run-on sentence?

Last edited:
score.jpg

Reactions: nervoustrig
What do you refer to “real barrels”? Sorry but I don’t understand?
Conventional 1 piece barrels that won't shift point of impact by a foot if a gnat lands on it. No liner, no o-rings to position it, no bunch of extra parts to stabilize it, no tight and loose spots down it's full length and no bs. Just a normal barrel that shoots well.

All lithium battery chargers have a proper charging algorithm, it is Necessary. If you are lucky using a straight voltage/amp, you will just lose much of the batteries life, if unlucky runaway and fire. Built in overcharge/overdischarge boards are only that and nothing more, you can have a runaway battery charging improperly with all lithium chemistries below the overcharge setpoint on the board.
The pack is made up of two li-po cells and has an integrated BMS.

Conventional 1 piece barrels that won't shift point of impact by a foot if a gnat lands on it. No liner, no o-rings to position it, no bunch of extra parts to stabilize it, no tight and loose spots down it's full length and no bs. Just a normal barrel that shoots well.
What rifle do you recommend that has these options? I’m looking for something new, but I believe my Bull dog fits your description, you got a recommendation for a .22 or .25???

He's taking a dig at FX for their barrel liner system by referring to the fallacy that their barrels are not robust enough to be "real" barrels. I don't agree, and I say that as someone who doesn't like FX for the most part.
I referring to the fact that anything you screw onto the end of a 700mm one or anything that touches it moves the point of impact. DFL Ronin suppressor will make a 700mm assembly shoot about a foot lower vs no suppressor due to droop. If you leave the airgun laying on it's side for a few days the point of impact will change. If you prop the gun against anything touching the barrel assembly the point of impact will change. I'm not talking about after you spend a bunch of money on carbon fiber sleeves or tensioners to stabilize it. I've owned a bunch of them and have years of experience with them. How many have you owned?

Reactions: UCChris
The pack is made up of two li-po cells and has an integrated BMS.
Before I replied, I took a little time to search on the product number. Emphasis on "little". The first one I looked at just said it was over/under charge protection and nothing more. Maybe the site I found was wrong, maybe not. I've been using lithium ion battery packs for years and have never seen a generic battery pack in series or parallel that had software for balancing, just the hardware for a proper balance charger to use. I have seen many proprietary packs ($$$$) that do have true balance charging built in and that are made to be plugged into whatever power source they designate.

The one you show is a lipo battery, and appears to be a single "cell". Lipo battery can come in all shapes and sizes specialized for use, and are usually single cell when 3.7v unless for high current applications. Are you sure the one you got is 2 cells in parallel?

Before I replied, I took a little time to search on the product number. Emphasis on "little". The first one I looked at just said it was over/under charge protection and nothing more. Maybe the site I found was wrong, maybe not. I've been using lithium ion battery packs for years and have never seen a generic battery pack in series or parallel that had software for balancing, just the hardware for a proper balance charger to use. I have seen many proprietary packs ($$$$) that do have true balance charging built in and that are made to be plugged into whatever power source they designate.

The one you show is a lipo battery, and appears to be a single "cell". Lipo battery can come in all shapes and sizes specialized for use, and are usually single cell when 3.7v unless for high current applications. Are you sure the one you got is 2 cells in parallel?
Most of the ones I've seen are two cells in parallel so the don't require balance. The one in the chrony is 12mm thick or 2x6mm.
This pic I posted earlier is 250 pairs making a 36v pack to power my trolling motor. Each pair has a 4amp bms. 10s25p over 1000 solder joints.
1672696597305.png
1672696635496.png

Last edited: