• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

What springers were at EBR?

To put the scoring in perspective and the degree of difficulty at 50 yards…..
at our club, the average score for 25 yard BR springer is about 625 - 680 with the club record 702
at 50 yards the average is 480-500 in mild wind, not many springer events at 50 yards (to hard) 😂

when scoring your card, any shot in the square will get you 3 points, the problem in the wind, and I would say it was fairly windy and shifty that day, if you had a good shot 8-10, then a pellet sails into the same square you just shot that 10, then You end up with 3 points minus 1 for a double shot. I had several on each card with double shots.

Were there any "lessons learned" from EBR? In other words, if you were to do it again, what would you do differently? Different rifle? Different caliber? Different training? What didn't you have that you wished you had?

if I were to shoot it again tomorrow, I would not change a thing. I would bring to same gun, bag and pellet. I don’t think springers were meant to shoot 50 yard benchrest at small bulls But tin cans instead 😀 but it is fun as hell. The only thing I wished I had was less wind Along with everyone else.

I was surprised to see that there was a "springer" class at this year's EBR. Does anyone know what rifles were used?
I know for sure HW 97K! Thats what I shot and noticed a everyone else was shooting the TX 200. #BSB bring springers back. Really a fun way to shoot targets were at 50 yards. First place was $1000 gift card to AoA, not to shabby.

Reactions: maxtrouble
Reactions: maxtrouble
There is a .177 50 yard challenge going on in that area of the forum. The target used there works well for springer guns. Here is one of those as an example. The "5" is about .25" and 4 is about .50" if that helps.

16679246899091573335030582369231.jpg

Last edited:
For a comparison I looked at the USBR (mean green) targets. The full bulls measure about 2" with a 1/2" spaced between. The 9 ring is about the size of the bull used in EBR 50 yards. These are used at 50 yards for rimfire, centerfire, air power benchrest. The ARA factory class targets have boxes measuring 2 1/8". The largest circle is 1 7/16" with about a 15/16" "100" ring. So the EBR targets are pretty rough on the springers at 50 yards.