What springer did you shoot today?

Wind finally laid down a little this morning. I got to shoot a few groups with my stalwarts. My 177 peep sighted Hw30 and my 177 Hw50.

image.jpg

After 12 years of retirement ,starting this year i think i finally shook all the Chicago fast pace life out of me . I have the springers to thank for that , the slower methodical single shot routine is just so pleasant . Kind of a dream-state shooting .
double post

Last edited:
Got my brand new Diana 54 today. Tore it down and put moly where it belongs and wiped the oil out of where it doesn’t. I only got to shoot at 10m tonight after I mounted a swfa 3-15x scope. Still playing around with the sled tension and trying pellets. 4.52 working the best. Even knockout slugs in 4.52 dia shoot awesome so far. Need to adjust trigger….

IMG_6770.jpeg

IMG_6771.jpeg

IMG_6769.jpeg

IMG_6763.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

After the call from AoA, I had the cofidence to order another Element Helix
This one is a little different, being a first focal plane rather than the previous, a second focal plane. It is a 6x24x50.
AoA recommended the rings that I ordered, and I trust them.
My only concern will be access to the breech because of the scope size and length?
Turns out there is a wait on the scope delivery. Maybe they’ll arrive together.
Looking forward to it.
👍

Got my brand new Diana 54 today. Tore it down and put moly where it belongs and wiped the oil out of where it doesn’t. I only got to shoot at 10m tonight after I mounted a swfa 3-15x scope. Still playing around with the sled tension and trying pellets. 4.52 working the best. Even knockout slugs in 4.52 dia shoot awesome so far. Need to adjust trigger….

View attachment 458864

View attachment 458865

View attachment 458866

View attachment 458867

View attachment 458868
Congratulations! 👍

Nothing today, I went up to the VA for my annual eye exam and had them dilated so it's too bright outside, and things are a little blurry. Yesterday I finally made it to the range for my powder burners. I tried out a few new guns most important a CZ 457 Lux in .22 Mag. I 3 scopes set up in Warne QD mounts to try, a Leupold Vari x 3-i in 1.5-5x20, an older Leupold 2-7 x33 and finally a restored Weaver J 3 with post and crosshair. The J series was the little 3/4" tube brother to the larger 1" tube more popular K series. I had to use some deldrin 3/4" to 1" rings to hold it in the Warne rings. I surprised myself almost shooting groups at 50 yards using the factory iron sights as with any of the scopes. I first zeroed each scope, then the irons, then went back and shot a series of 5 shot groups to see how well it did and how well the scopes returned to zero, Not 100% perfect but good. I basically indexed the scope base on the ejection port opening, not quite as good as a solid block or a Weaver/pictnanny rail .