What springer did you shoot today?

Finally the rain stopped over here in California. At least for now. Took out a few oldies and ran some ammo through ‘em …. Diana 48, Pro Sport, Diana 5, FWB 65, Walther LP53, HW45. Didn’t need to fiddle with the sights much, everything was still dialed in to within a click. I never seem to get tired of shooting springers! They’re so simple that they’ve kinda spoiled me …. just grab the gun and some ammo and you’re good to go.

Morning shoot with iron sights on the K98 .22. Leathal gun.
IMG_8166.jpeg
It’s like lifting a flag pole with a 20 lb. weight on the end. I love shooting this tank.
l noticed my right eye blurred so I switched to a right handed shoot. Now that’s a chalange. Was hitting a squirrel target 47 yds. 2 out of 3. Hard to put this gun down.
Up next is a HW85 .22.
IMG_8167.jpeg
The jacking difference was night and day. Love this gun. Just above freezing with a wind. Crow

Finally the rain stopped over here in California. At least for now. Took out a few oldies and ran some ammo through ‘em …. Diana 48, Pro Sport, Diana 5, FWB 65, Walther LP53, HW45. Didn’t need to fiddle with the sights much, everything was still dialed in to within a click. I never seem to get tired of shooting springers! They’re so simple that they’ve kinda spoiled me …. just grab the gun and some ammo and you’re good to go.
Couldn’t agree with you more. Crow

At the risk of being boring. I shot the HW30S again, and was hitting at both ranges 30 and 75.
I loose sight of my mil dots at this time of day though.
20240310_191223.jpg

This scope views point of aim is about 2 inches high, so thats a pretty good veiw of my 75 yard hold over.

20240310_191244.jpg

I use the bottom point of the crosshair marked by the arrow, with the power set at 4.5X.
Screenshot_20240310_202408_Gallery.jpg

Walthers LGU Varmint .22. What a gun, what a shame it’s discontinued.
IMG_8172.jpeg
It doesn’t get much better. I have a spring and a Rowan trigger. Can’t imagine it getting better. Would like one in wood and a LGV.
Another black beauty with a Vortek spring HW50 .177. Tossing 14.35, 795 fps. So accurate. Clean sound.
IMG_8173.jpeg
One of my best shooters. Crow

From yesterday, some quality time with my TX200, tried a couple different pellets, does not seem that picky. @crowski How many rifles to you have?!? Asking for a friend ;-). Just jealous :) ...
View attachment 444785
All of them, he has all of them..lol. Hard to imagine trying to decide what to shoot next.

All of them, he has all of them..lol. Hard to imagine trying to decide what to shoot next.
Missing the HW57. It’s available now. The breach scares me. Too many unnecessarily moving parts, IMO.
It’s easy deciding. Try to shoot at least 4 every day. 1 1/2 week rotation. Crow

Walthers LGU Varmint .22. What a gun, what a shame it’s discontinued. View attachment 444759It doesn’t get much better. I have a spring and a Rowan trigger. Can’t imagine it getting better. Would like one in wood and a LGV.
Another black beauty with a Vortek spring HW50 .177. Tossing 14.35, 795 fps. So accurate. Clean sound. View attachment 444760One of my best shooters. Crow
Airguns of Arizona had the wood version. I had it in the shopping cart for a bit. Watched enough reviews I had convinced myself to pull the trigger. When I went back, it was out of stock. Not in the cards for me right now I guess.

Airguns of Arizona had the wood version. I had it in the shopping cart for a bit. Watched enough reviews I had convinced myself to pull the trigger. When I went back, it was out of stock. Not in the cards for me right now I guess.
Too bad. I would hope I had a brace on my finger if I saw a LGU or a LGV for sale. Crow

Got a morning shoot sunny no wind 48 F. The sun keeps you warm, I‘m facing south. No bugs. Perfect day.
One rifle and a great one HW77 .25. This gun is the best. Man is it easy and accurate. I felt like a surgeon the way I dissected a can. JSB 25.39 was the choice. This gun is special.
IMG_8176.jpeg
I know a lot say it’s loopy and it is, but predictable. My 97 .25 same deal. They’re my favorite plinkers. A bonus is you can quite often watch the shot travel. Neither have been opened, can’t wait till these 2 get the works. Crow

I like springers or better yet for targets SSP 10 meter guns . just something so simple and reliable.

Reactions: .20calguy
I shoot this one pretty much every day. I have stopped putting it away. It is always in the corner of the living room and ready to shoot. My wife I am sure would rather not look at it anymore.

View attachment 444992
Lol...I live alone so I get say things like it's been a minute since I shot kitchen rifle....I should take that out

• Haha
Reactions: bustachip