What springer did you shoot today?

I'm still getting use to this new trigger, completely different feel than the gold factory trigger. I've been adjusting the 1st and 2nd stages looking for the sweet spot. I haven't messed with the pull weight screw, it still breaks at around 10oz.
I shot 10 five shot groups today and only 3 were tight, the rest were spread out up to an inch or better as I'm trying different techniques.
Just a learning curve, till I'm dialed back in.
IMG_6902.jpeg

IMG_6904.jpeg

✌🏻

raining today but yesterday i got out my HW97K .177 . USPS dropped off two adaptors from the UK to install for a moderator .
Easy unscrew the end plug on the barrel and screw in the new 1/2x20 mount . put on an ODB mod and it shot 1/2 inch higher , a few clicks on the scope and dead on again ( 9 x and one 10 ring ) gun noise turned into a short ring then thump on the target .
Tomorrow is annual Doc's check up for me and wife , mid day down in Nashville. doubt i get to shoot .

raining today but yesterday i got out my HW97K .177 . USPS dropped off two adaptors from the UK to install for a moderator .
Easy unscrew the end plug on the barrel and screw in the new 1/2x20 mount . put on an ODB mod and it shot 1/2 inch higher , a few clicks on the scope and dead on again ( 9 x and one 10 ring ) gun noise turned into a short ring then thump on the target .
Tomorrow is annual Doc's check up for me and wife , mid day down in Nashville. doubt i get to shoot .
Do you have a pic of the 97 in the walnut stock?

I have doctor days with my wife regularly. It's a day off from work for me, and I usually have time for a shoot on those evenings.

I'm still getting use to this new trigger, completely different feel than the gold factory trigger. I've been adjusting the 1st and 2nd stages looking for the sweet spot. I haven't messed with the pull weight screw, it still breaks at around 10oz.
I shot 10 five shot groups today and only 3 were tight, the rest were spread out up to an inch or better as I'm trying different techniques.
Just a learning curve, till I'm dialed back in.
View attachment 442477
View attachment 442478
✌🏻
Great shooting! How do you like the pellet pouch?

Great shooting! How do you like the pellet pouch?
I bought the small one, overall I like it. It was a little fiddly at first, but now I can fish out a 177 pellet pretty good.
Green leather is nice, build quality is nice.
It was a nice 70 degree day here in North Carolina. I downsized my 50 yard target to a 2 1/2” spinner. The group center left is from the Hw50.

View attachment 443476

View attachment 443477
Better than my Prosport today..lol.👍🏻

Reactions: Bandito and PEP3
Going up and down ladders doing a Michael Angelo, been burning out. So I hooked up with one of my HW30 .177. I don’t shoot them much, I’m saving them for when I’m weak, which is now.
IMG_8159.jpeg
I can’t believe it’s performance. 30 yds. is a joke for this gun. Smooth as silk and a nice little puff. Came in for lunch, looked in book. Has Vortek spring and piston seal. This baby is begging for a custom stock. Hall of fame stuff. Crow

Going up and down ladders doing a Michael Angelo, been burning out. So I hooked up with one of my HW30 .177. I don’t shoot them much, I’m saving them for when I’m weak, which is now. View attachment 443687I can’t believe it’s performance. 30 yds. is a joke for this gun. Smooth as silk and a nice little puff. Came in for lunch, looked in book. Has Vortek spring and piston seal. This baby is begging for a custom stock. Hall of fame stuff. Crow
I think painting is my most disliked have to do's.
Hopefully it will pass soon..lol.👊🏻

Prosport has it's redemption today after a poor showing yesterday, although It was probably me.
I shot eleven groups this evening before dark and these are the best of those...
IMG_6922.jpeg

Think I have the new trigger close to where I want it. It has a long first stage that puts it close to the trigger guard, then the second stage will break with just a few more ounces.
IMG_6921.jpeg

✌🏻

Last edited:
I think painting is my most disliked have to do's.
Hopefully it will pass soon..lol.👊🏻
What I used to do in 1 day, I take 3. And I work for triple time. This way I can shoot as well.
‘This painter works for 🐿️ rifles. Crow
Prosport has it's redemption today after a poor showing yesterday, although It was probably me.
I shot eleven groups this evening before dark and these are the best of those...
View attachment 443757
Think I have the new trigger close to where I want it. It has a long first stage that puts it close to the trigger guard, then the second stage will breaks with just a few more ounces.
View attachment 443758
✌🏻
Got to like the Pro Sport. Nice shooting. Crow

I shot my new HW50S for the 3rd time. I'm almost through a 400 count tin. The front sight fell off. I guess it's time to check the set screws and buy some loctite..... It was ok though because I had just mounted my new scope..View attachment 272596
That looks very similar to a front sight I put on my old Diana 5. At first it was too loose and wouldn’t tighten up, but that was due to a small senseless metal “bridge” at one end of the slot between the dovetails. I cut that bridge, so now the slot is continuous from front to back and it tightens up as it should. Something you could try if yours still has that bridge.

Reactions: crowski