• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Had a chance to sight in the HW97 Blackline today.

20240229_230750.jpg

Had some time today to take the HW97LB (long barrel) shooting.

View attachment 441341
Very nice looking gun. I wish I had the nuts to wrap a wood stock. It looks great. One thing I never understood is why they did not extend the cocking arm to the end of the barrel like the do on the 77s. It's no big deal but it'd be free added leverage and even out the looks.

Very nice looking gun. I wish I had the nuts to wrap a wood stock. It looks great. One thing I never understood is why they did not extend the cocking arm to the end of the barrel like the do on the 77s. It's no big deal but it'd be free added leverage and even out the looks.
I would guess they did not extend the lever further so that if the moderator were removed the lever would not extend beyond the muzzle?

I would guess they did not extend the lever further so that if the moderator were removed the lever would not extend beyond the muzzle?
Perhaps, but doesn't the arm extends past the muzzle on the K?? The 97 long actually required a different moderator to be made. If they used a longer cocking arm they could have used the same moderator for both models. Just seems odd to me.