What springer did you shoot today?

What are the pellet weights on the table?
JSB 13.4 (not good), JSB Hades 10.3 (Excellent), HN Baracuda Match 10.7 (Excellent), HN Baracuda FT 9.6 (Excellent), Crosman Premier Hollow 7.9 (Very Good), HN FTT 8.6 (Very Good), and the winner was JSB Exact Heavy 10.3. Your barrel may vary (YBMV) :).

JSB 13.4 (not good), JSB Hades 10.3 (Excellent), HN Baracuda Match 10.7 (Excellent), HN Baracuda FT 9.6 (Excellent), Crosman Premier Hollow 7.9 (Very Good), HN FTT 8.6 (Very Good), and the winner was JSB Exact Heavy 10.3. Your barrel may vary (YBMV) :).
I like the the JSB 10.3, same as the Hades. Not difficult to switch over. Crow

Reactions: Bandito and RCope
Thanks. I haven't shot any heavies in my 177's.

And to be clear, this is what I consider "excellent", 25 yds, 10 shots, light wind:
IMG_5287.jpg
IMG_5290.jpg

You know it’s funny sometimes when I shoot my 2 Weihrauch’s. Most times the first shot straight out of the safe they are on the money and sometimes they will stay that way all shooting session, but other times like today their not.

The first photo is of my Hw50S, first shot in the bull and the next 19 shots slightly below and left.
I have always rezeroed the scopes after the first few shots if poi was off poa and then plinked away. But not today.
I rezeroed and the shot on the right is the outcome. I was aiming at the small dimpled circle on the paper. Not bad.

Next up was my Hw77 long. Again first shot in the bull and the next 19 above and left. This time I didn’t rezero and I’ll compare targets next time I shoot it to see what or if there are any changes. I haven’t done any shooting for a few weeks and combined with a very rainy day I was happy with the results as the bull is as big as my little finger nail.

The distance was 25 metres, shooting off a table resting the fore stock on my open hand and the butt into my shoulder. The 50s was shooting H&N Greens 12.95 gr and the 77 FTTs.
I now know why Crow has so many Weihrauch’s.👍
Gary

BA362348-F314-453E-B2AC-37B7272F2327.jpeg
60D7066B-A8B6-468B-B09C-9436A851D316.jpeg

Raining today so clean up from last two days. I have to use thick leveled cross lines to center this old Japanese scope with thick recital at 20 meters, 10 meters, no issue, with small dot. New scope after cataract correction, lol, maybe. During my younger hunting days, this scope would nail them at 30 to 40 yards.

Anyone shooting FWB 124 please post your chrony. I’m now out of silver jets so trying first tin of JSB. Also checking condition of piston as not changed in 20 years. All 10 shots next to penny. Reacquiring the center a pita after reload, no?

Thx

FWB.jpg

TARGET.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-16 105009.png

I’ve been shooting this as I understand ‘BSF parts clean out version of the HW85’. And I must say, it is the smoothest shooting springer I have, especially considering the power. Ridiculously accurate as well.

Originally I sent it to beeman for the “free tune up” if you didn’t use the $49 extended warranty after 5 years. Unfortunately when I got it back it only shot well for a short while, then started dieseling. Fortunately I had just became aware of Maccari and put one of his black tarantula kits along with a JM accuglide piston seal. I wish he still made those. This was early 2000’s and it’s still going strong. Just a vibrationless pop and the pellet smacking the target. Cocks smooth as glass.

the cool thing I noticed when putting in the spring kit was it has a nickel plated and honed piston. Pretty cool looking, if I ever take the gun apart I will post picture. Not sure if Beeman or BSF (or HW?) did this, but wish they were still made this way.

BSF really had some good parts on this. The barrel, trigger/ trigger guard, receiver with threaded end cap, and stock are awesome with great bluing and fit/finish. The bolt on scope rail is holding up fine, but would rather have the integral scope rails.

Gun was bought in the early 90’s and had the 1992 Beeman catalog in the box. Bought quite a few more guns/acceories because of that!

IMG_0328.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey Septicdeath, thanks to your post, I spent 5 hrs. cleaning my shop. Thanks. 30 more needed. Thanks Crow
Not 1 round today. Rare
I try to clean up after each project. My garage is the next to get a good cleaning, and I'll try to keep it that way. 1200 square feet of disaster area right now.