What springer did you shoot today?

Shot 2 of the best. First a Pro Sport .22. View attachment 433456I put a Vortek spring in this puppy. Man o man, accurate with a great sound. it feels like an appendage, so comfortable. I actually like jacking the gun. I’m always sitting, I rest the butt pad on my thigh and pul down, so natural. I pushed the scope forward. A must have gun.
Switched to a HW98 .20. Bingo View attachment 433463This gun is what dreams are made of. Crow
What's the power of the prosport now? When is the snow going to melt..lol.?

What's the power of the prosport now? When is the snow going to melt..lol.?
After I installed it was pushing a JSB 15.89. 630 FPS, 14 FPE. I’ll have to crony again. Not a power house.
My range faces North and I’m in the woods, so last to disappear. Actually best time because the snow is getting mushy. There’s a million targets in the snow. Crow

Broke out the old HW30 .22 cal. It likes the 50 yard steel too. And yes that is my patio Christmas tree, my wife makes me leave it up until the time changes in March.

IMG_9348.jpeg

IMG_9350.jpeg

Continuing on today with the "mean green", leveled my action then lined up the vertical reticle with a plumb line at 30 yards, then installed the scope level. Getting close to dark so I shot 4 groups at 30 yards, same 1/4" dots and 5 shots. 2nd group was the best, and got a piece of the dots, all but one.
IMG_6804.jpeg

So the 77K will group with these nasty crosman premiers which I don't like. It's also harder for me to shoot consistently off of sticks with this rifle.
The first group, the first 3 pellets went in the same hole near about, then I blew it with the next two shots..lol.
IMG_6796.jpeg

Still a really nice german springer that I haven't mastered.

Daisy 499b just arrived today from Highby Outdoors in Nebraska — great price and free shipping. I was a little worried since I’d not heard of Highby, but the gun arrived in good shape, double boxed.
Surprisingly solid with pretty wood and great fit and finish.

First firing with cheaper Daisy “Premium Grade” bb's ($1 for a tube of 350 at my local Walmart) were quite accurate at 5 meters rested, 5 shots.
I could tell the bb's aren't all that uniform cuz the time to roll down the barrel varies a lot. And yet…. pretty tight group — not quite as good as the enclosed 3-shot test target, but close. I'd like to hear your experience with more expensive bb's.

This is going to be one fun little basement offhand muzzle-loader!
IMG_7971.jpeg

Curious about accuracy achieved with the Red Ryder? I had a Daisy model 25 when I was a kid and it seemed fairly accurate for a BB gun.

@Deadeye Dick

Definitely soda can accurate @ 30’. Better than that actually but I haven’t shot it to measure how tight it will shoot. We were shooting 1.5” x 1.5” square blocks at about 25’ and could hit those most every time. HTH

Last edited:
Curious about accuracy achieved with the Red Ryder? I had a Daisy model 25 when I was a kid and it seemed fairly accurate for a BB gun.

@Deadeye Dick

Definitely soda can accurate @ 30’. Better than that actually but I haven’t shot it to measure how tight it will shoot. We were shooting 1.5” x 1.5” square blocks at about 25’ and could hit those most every time. HTH
I remember my old and long gone 25 being fairly accurate. It definitely was good enough to eliminate pest birds that tried to ruin all the fruit from our back yard plum tree.
My being a 13 or 14 year old back then I never pushed the accuracy testing any further. :p

Little different direction today. One pumper one springer, both in .22. Perfect for the 30 minutes of free time I had. Poor can never knew what hit it. These and the 2240 variants are my favorite things to shoot cans with. That slow moving .22 pellet will make them jump 4’ high if you hit it just right.

20240209_173141_resized.jpeg

Post in thread 'What springer did you shoot today?' https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/what-springer-did-you-shoot-today.1268829/post-1670177

I recived the new old stock rifles today. A TS-45 and a QB88. The TS is a old one. It is going to get a good going through. Should be a fun project gun. It actually shoots fairly good for a 44 year old early Chinese sidelever.

The QB88 is awesome, just like my older one. The Chinese made a good gun in the 88

The new one is the rifle on top.

20240209_133550~2.jpg

20240209_170133~2.jpg

Post in thread 'What springer did you shoot today?' https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/what-springer-did-you-shoot-today.1268829/post-1670177

I recived the new old stock rifles today. A TS-45 and a QB88. The TS is a old one. It is going to get a good going through. Should be a fun project gun. It actually shoots fairly good for a 44 year old early Chinese sidelever.

The QB88 is awesome, just like my older one. The Chinese made a good gun in the 88

The new one is the rifle on top.

View attachment 433914

View attachment 433915
Nice.

Little different direction today. One pumper one springer, both in .22. Perfect for the 30 minutes of free time I had. Poor can never knew what hit it. These and the 2240 variants are my favorite things to shoot cans with. That slow moving .22 pellet will make them jump 4’ high if you hit it just right.

View attachment 433913
Always wanted to shoot one of the Weihrauch pistols, it's a shame they have to put the stupid warning paragraph on it.

Always wanted to shoot one of the Weihrauch pistols, it's a shame they have to put the stupid warning paragraph on it.
You’ll see the HW45 pop up in Classifieds for reasonable price occasionally. At least what counts for reasonable these days. Closest thing to shooting a PB you’ll ever get. Muzzle flip and all.

This morning was calm. The faintest of breezes and not too cold around 38 to 40f. So I took the opportunity to get to know the new cs700 stock on the ProSport a bit better. All over the place to start with then I moved the scope back another inch and it was much better. Under half inch groups at 30m. They will hopefully close up with a bit more familiarity. Finished off going up and down my spinner range. Closest 10 metre up to 40 which is my hunting maximum with sub 12ftlb. Missed the 40 a couple of times but otherwise all good. 👍

This afternoon Edwin and I had a plink. He split more cards with the old Relum than I did with the HW80k... Of course I let him win.... That's my line and I'm sticking to it! 🤓

IMG_20240210_123651479_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240210_161318759.jpg
IMG_20240210_114118662_HDR~2.jpg

This morning was calm. The faintest of breezes and not too cold around 38 to 40f. So I took the opportunity to get to know the new cs700 stock on the ProSport a bit better. All over the place to start with then I moved the scope back another inch and it was much better. Under half inch groups at 30m. They will hopefully close up with a bit more familiarity. Finished off going up and down my spinner range. Closest 10 metre up to 40 which is my hunting maximum with sub 12ftlb. Missed the 40 a couple of times but otherwise all good. 👍

This afternoon Edwin and I had a plink. He split more cards with the old Relum than I did with the HW80k... Of course I let him win.... That's my line and I'm sticking to it! 🤓

View attachment 434170View attachment 434169View attachment 434171
Nice shooting.👍🏻 When was the last time you cleaned your prosport barrel?