What springer did you shoot today?

Temp. in high 20’s. The FWB 124 Sport. Have two of these. One waiting for a spring. View attachment 427771A must have gun. This one gets better every time I shoot. I don’t think it’s broke in yet. Wish it was made in .22. One of my best made current rifles, IMO. Crow.
The Diana 350 mag. .22 is one of those guns I avoid to hit my bells. It destroys them. View attachment 427788This rifle means business with accuracy. Love the muzzle made by SpiralGroove. The breach area looks great. Just give me a premium + model and get rid of that s-itty looking safety. So close. To me it’s like looking at the dent you just put in your favorite mint stock. Other wise, so far, this gun has been awesome. Crow
Probably a scope destroyer too? One thing I don't like about the newer Diana's is the plastic parts, trigger, sites..etc. They could be so much better if all blued steel and metal parts. That said I've always wanted to try a 350 Mag, 48, 54 sled.
I hear how strong they are and good for long range and hunting.

Tested out newly installed Morgan recoil pad today. Didn’t like the look of the stock black one with Hector’s CF shroud and HPM. Took awhile to find a Morgan with the aluminum rather than the hard black plastic they’re using now. Worth the wait I think. This gun is of course both a hammer and a laser. And a workout shooting offhand like I did today ha ha ha.
Dang, that is one sweet looking air rifle! Details please, starting with the rifle, then the add ons.
Looks like you started with a 48/54?

I did get out for a few minutes yesterday in the freezing cold weather to shoot a few with the old 48. We're not used to this weather here in North Carolina.

IMG_9114.JPG

Probably a scope destroyer too? One thing I don't like about the newer Diana's is the plastic parts, trigger, sites..etc. They could be so much better if all blued steel and metal parts. That said I've always wanted to try a 350 Mag, 48, 54 sled.
I hear how strong they are and good for long range and hunting.
I have the 48 and 54 sled, which I don’t understand. I’ve had no scope damage yet. 🤞They all pound. Amazing accuracy.
As far as the plastic goes, have 2 - 460’s. The front sights looks like they came from Mattel Toys. And then you look at the R+D that must of went into the K98, a modified 460, a dog, but I love shooting mine. Doesn’t make sense to spend on one when you have problems at home. Crow

I have the 48 and 54 sled, which I don’t understand. I’ve had no scope damage yet. 🤞They all pound. Amazing accuracy.
As far as the plastic goes, have 2 - 460’s. The front sights looks like they came from Mattel Toys. And then you look at the R+D that must of went into the K98, a modified 460, a dog, but I love shooting mine. Doesn’t make sense to spend on one when you have problems at home. Crow
That red laminate 54 sled is badass, I don't know why they would make the comb droop down like that? How is it trying to get behind the scope on that one?

Do you own a pcp?
I think my second rifle I bought was a Benjamin Discovery with a hand pump. I might of pumped it up 3 times. It was way more power than I wanted, way too noisy. No way will I pump it again. Keep it just as a bad reminder.
‘The shop by my place tried loaning me an Air Arms PCP, don’t know which, looked really nice, to get me interested. Couldn’t care less. The springers keep me interested and find them challenging. Especially switching daily, keeps the noodles working. Also the range off my back porch, 47 yds. with targets. In winter I get 75 yds. by hitting snow in trees. No challenge for a PCP. Crow

I think my second rifle I bought was a Benjamin Discovery with a hand pump. I might of pumped it up 3 times. It was way more power than I wanted, way too noisy. No way will I pump it again. Keep it just as a bad reminder.
‘The shop by my place tried loaning me an Air Arms PCP, don’t know which, looked really nice, to get me interested. Couldn’t care less. The springers keep me interested and find them challenging. Especially switching daily, keeps the noodles working. Also the range off my back porch, 47 yds. with targets. In winter I get 75 yds. by hitting snow in trees. No challenge for a PCP. Crow
My man.👊🏻 Just testing ya..lol.

Reactions: Septicdeath
I bought a PCP a few years ago. It was fun for awhile, but the hand pumping sucked. And wasn't going to buy a compressor. It became a brick so I sold it. Much easier to grab a springer or co2, and a tin of pellets.

I bought a PCP a few years ago. It was fun for awhile, but the hand pumping sucked. And wasn't going to buy a compressor. It became a brick so I sold it. Much easier to grab a springer or co2, and a tin of pellets.
I’m with you on that. You shoot daily as well. 👍 Crow
None, we went for the long drive into town yesterday. At 2.00pm the car was telling us it was 42 deg Celsius. A cold beer went down well.
Gary
42, Gary, don’t know how you do it. Be good. Crow

I finally decided to tear into my prosport 177. The shot cycle well not bad was just not refined shall I say. I took it down and I don't know what lube(grease) was in there but it was black and almost runny. The previous owner had buttoned the piston and it looked like a decent job. The guides fit pretty tight and the piston seal was fine. I did replace the breech seals though.All I did was relube it with my Maccari stuff and headed to the 50' indoor range to see if I ruined it.
The first group was a little big But the next two were what it usually does. It definitely sounds much better now. The only thing I can complain about is my offhand was just garbage last night. I couldn't seem to break 79!

20240122_194128.jpg

Last edited: