What springer did you shoot today?

Tested out newly installed Morgan recoil pad today. Didn’t like the look of the stock black one with Hector’s CF shroud and HPM. Took awhile to find a Morgan with the aluminum rather than the hard black plastic they’re using now. Worth the wait I think. This gun is of course both a hammer and a laser. And a workout shooting offhand like I did today ha ha ha.

20240110_170027_resized.jpeg

Tested out newly installed Morgan recoil pad today. Didn’t like the look of the stock black one with Hector’s CF shroud and HPM. Took awhile to find a Morgan with the aluminum rather than the hard black plastic they’re using now. Worth the wait I think. This gun is of course both a hammer and a laser. And a workout shooting offhand like I did today ha ha ha.

View attachment 424118
Sweet rig.🔥

Wicked day of shooting especially when you srart off with a LGU Varmit. View attachment 423417Such a crime to discontinue this line.
‘Next gun R9 .20, hall of fame gun. View attachment 423418This gun is like a genie. Anything you ask it delivers.
Same deal with this HW98 .20. Still breaking in. View attachment 423419This gun fits nicly as well.
Had a HW97 .20 out. No pic.
Last gun before supper a HW95 .20View attachment 423420An identical twin to the R9, in looks and in performance. Great day Crow
I’ve got a fever….. and the only cure is more 20 cal!

View attachment 424118
I like the looks. Ties in nicely. And a sweet thumbhole.
‘Don’t know what I was thinking on passing one up. Crow
I’ve got a fever….. and the only cure is more 20 cal!
Unfortunately they’re hard to find here. Just got 9 tins delivered H&N .20 ca. FTT. First time I got them .👍Crow

Took 3 rifles out to try the FX crony. HW97 .20 first up. Lazer. No pic. Next HW97 .22 Black
IMG_7712.jpeg
It’s one I could sell because I have 2 .22 cal. Can’t part with it. Soon a spring and piston seal is waiting.
Last up a Diana 460 .22. Like throwing a hammer Lazer guided. Might have to turn this one onto a few fur balls.
IMG_7715.jpeg

This crony works flawlessly. Crow

Took 3 rifles out to try the FX crony. HW97 .20 first up. Lazer. No pic. Next HW97 .22 Black View attachment 424388It’s one I could sell because I have 2 .22 cal. Can’t part with it. Soon a spring and piston seal is waiting.
Last up a Diana 460 .22. Like throwing a hammer Lazer guided. Might have to turn this one onto a few fur balls.View attachment 424390
This crony works flawlessly. Crow
Awesome, and so easy to use. I can't wait to try out the Garmin version. FX gives more info from what I see.

View attachment 424118
very nice!

Today before the rain came I continue on practicing my shooting stick hold with the mighty Prosport. There was a strong wind this afternoon
and I need wind practice as well.
After checking my zero I decided to recheck my holdover dope. But this time instead of shooting at lines and dots on paper, I used my rabbit with a 1/4" KZ. I was able to verify my hold from 9 yards out to 20 yards, before I got tired. Doing it this way I think I'm getting a better "real world" hold for actual field target use. I would not call it good until I knocked it down 2 or 3 times with a clean shot through the 1/4" KZ, not hitting any steel on the field target. Now when the wind allows I still have to verify out to 55 yards, but will go with a bigger KZ once I get to 40 yards, probably a 3/8" or 1/2".
Here's the rabbit set out at 20 yards before quitting for the day. The tape runs back into my garage another 30' or so.
IMG_6695.jpeg

Close up... Note the squirrel and crow out at 41 and 42 yards, these are new and reset (no string)
IMG_6697.jpeg

Here's a not so good view of the rabbit at 20yards through the scope on 16 power. It's not easy balancing the gun on sticks while trying to focus the iphone camera one handed..lol. Trust me the real view is much better than this.
IMG_6702.jpeg

The mighty Prosport is resting now. It shot extremely well for me today.
IMG_6699.jpeg

✌🏻

80’s classics day, got to shoot 50 or so pellets at can and spinners. Shooting these two together is a blast. Really points out just how easy the FWB 124 is to cock, and just how short the cocking stroke is on the Diana 45. Shoot a little better offhand with the FWB than the Diana. To be fair I have more time with the 124 than the 45, and need to clean and lube the trigger on Diana. It still went 3/6 on 3/4” Shoot n See dot to finish. The FWB of course went 3/3 so Diana still playing catch up ha ha ha. Both are nice shooting old rifles.

20240112_181025_resized.jpeg

Today before the rain came I continue on practicing my shooting stick hold with the mighty Prosport. There was a strong wind this afternoon
and I need wind practice as well.
After checking my zero I decided to recheck my holdover dope. But this time instead of shooting at lines and dots on paper, I used my rabbit with a 1/4" KZ. I was able to verify my hold from 9 yards out to 20 yards, before I got tired. Doing it this way I think I'm getting a better "real world" hold for actual field target use. I would not call it good until I knocked it down 2 or 3 times with a clean shot through the 1/4" KZ, not hitting any steel on the field target. Now when the wind allows I still have to verify out to 55 yards, but will go with a bigger KZ once I get to 40 yards, probably a 3/8" or 1/2".
Here's the rabbit set out at 20 yards before quitting for the day. The tape runs back into my garage another 30' or so.
View attachment 424660
Close up... Note the squirrel and crow out at 41 and 42 yards, these are new and reset (no string)
View attachment 424663
Here's a not so good view of the rabbit at 20yards through the scope on 16 power. It's not easy balancing the gun on sticks while trying to focus the iphone camera one handed..lol. Trust me the real view is much better than this.
View attachment 424664
The mighty Prosport is resting now. It shot extremely well for me today.
View attachment 424665
✌🏻
The Pro Sport is in a class of it’s own. Love your weather. Crow
80’s classics day, got to shoot 50 or so pellets at can and spinners. Shooting these two together is a blast. Really points out just how easy the FWB 124 is to cock, and just how short the cocking stroke is on the Diana 45. Shoot a little better offhand with the FWB than the Diana. To be fair I have more time with the 124 than the 45, and need to clean and lube the trigger on Diana. It still went 3/6 on 3/4” Shoot n See dot to finish. The FWB of course went 3/3 so Diana still playing catch up ha ha ha. Both are nice shooting old rifles.

View attachment 424712
Nice guns. The 124 has my curiosity. Crow

Two guns today, windy. First up, love this gun HW85 .22. Really like the muzzle ends for jacking in the cold weather.
IMG_7717.jpeg
Totally terrorized the targets.
Next a TX200 .22. to deliver the lead. All the Air Arms shoot well.
IMG_7718.jpeg
Temps. in the mid 20’s. Had to stop because of blowing snow. This is now.
IMG_7720.jpeg
Guess what I’m doing tomorrow. Crow

Two guns today, windy. First up, love this gun HW85 .22. Really like the muzzle ends for jacking in the cold weather.View attachment 424719Totally terrorized the targets.
Next a TX200 .22. to deliver the lead. All the Air Arms shoot well. View attachment 424720Temps. in the mid 20’s. Had to stop because of blowing snow. This is now.View attachment 424722Guess what I’m doing tomorrow. Crow
I think you have one or two of every air rifle made?
Yes our winters can be mild or it can and sometimes does get bad, but usually only in Jan and Feb. Next week temps will drop in the teens at night and calling for possible snow or mix. It really hasn't been below mid 20's so far, but nice in the afternoons, upper 40's to almost 60 at times.

Reactions: crowski
I remember as a kid Mom could always come up with old towels. When the winter storms hit I could shoot a towell filled box in the basement with my Daisy 25. Now I miss the Daisy but especially my Mom. That happens quite often as you navigate the age of 70 plus. And
the fog makes my eyes water. Be Well Brothers of the Springer, Bandito.