• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Pellet testing with my new Prosport today, well this afternoon, it got dark thirty pretty quick.
IMG_6500.jpeg

IMG_6496.jpeg

Pellet testing with my new Prosport today, well this afternoon, it got dark thirty pretty quick.
View attachment 405368
View attachment 405370
Got to be happy. Can’t go wrong with a PS. Crow
Spent about two hours shooting my HW35E and HW30S at my three new reactive targets. What fun it was. The rocking RAT was my favorite, and the other two were great as well. Something about shoot a RAT is just plain fun. And nothing dies in the process. Charles
Always looking for targets. Is a pic possible? Crow

Shot the .22 Springfield Armory M1A underlever this morning. I had it set up with a scope, but decided I like it better with iron sights like my actual .308 M1A. Chrono puts RWS 11.9gr wadcutters at just over 800fps. Hits good and hard. Great fun banging 4" steel targets at 40yds offhand. Solid rifle. Funny that it weighs half a pound more than the real one.

AV-M1A-22.JPG

Shot the .22 Springfield Armory M1A underlever this morning. I had it set up with a scope, but decided I like it better with iron sights like my actual .308 M1A. Chrono puts RWS 11.9gr wadcutters at just over 800fps. Hits good and hard. Great fun banging 4" steel targets at 40yds offhand. Solid rifle. Funny that it weighs half a pound more than the real one.

View attachment 405513
It looks like the real deal.

View attachment 405513
That’s a really cool, looking rifle. Crow
Got out the old Mendoza rm2003 .177/.22. It’s a bit underpowered in .22 but .177 hits hard. Played around with scope but will put peep sight back on . Then it will sit in corner another couple years, just don’t care for springers. Maybe should try n sell it one day.

View attachment 405611
Before my time. Not familiar. Looks decent. Crow

These .20 cal. demand time. They were lined at the door. R9
IMG_7274.jpeg
Enough said. Like a dream. Lucky to have this one.
The HW90 .20 is a solid gun.
IMG_7276.jpeg
It probably caught me off guard, more than any other gun. Beautifully engineered gun. Looking forward to opening up this winter.
And last an identical twin of the R9. The HW95, Same story. Flawless.
IMG_7279.jpeg
All three were a treat to use.

More pellet testing in the wind today with the Prosport. nothing really great out of 7 different pellets..lol. I did manage a .224 ctc 5 shot group after the wind died somewhat. So far the QYS 8.48 is the best. I tested jsb exacts 8.44, 4.52 and 4.53 head sizes. H&N FTT 8.64, H&N sniper 8.5, crosman 7.9 premier, and the super dome 8.3 was the worst..lol.
IMG_6503.jpeg

Maybe I need to try some AA 8.44 and some heavies?

Knew we had rain coming so before we got breakfast and took the dogs to park I snuck about 20 shots with FWB 300S. Decided to try what it was designed for and shoot standing off hand at 10 m. Absolutely amazing. Heavy rifle but so well -balanced you don’t notice, really easy to support and keep on target.

Took the HW45, HW70, HW30, HW50, HW95 and the TX200 out yesterday. Very challenging wind conditions, couldn't buy a spinner. Cans were swinging in the breeze. Weatherman was calling for six mph winds yesterday. Ended up very gusty and swirling winds. Two or three mil dot hold overs made for a challenging session. Even brought my portable compressor out for a spin. Should have brought a PCP with me instead of springers. Still had a good time, any trigger time is a good time.

Took the HW45, HW70, HW30, HW50, HW95 and the TX200 out yesterday. Very challenging wind conditions, couldn't buy a spinner. Cans were swinging in the breeze. Weatherman was calling for six mph winds yesterday. Ended up very gusty and swirling winds. Two or three mil dot hold overs made for a challenging session. Even brought my portable compressor out for a spin. Should have brought a PCP with me instead of springers. Still had a good time, any trigger time is a good time.
Same here in the wind Sat and Sun.

Reactions: crowski