• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Always wanted to try one of those in .177. I used to have a Diana 75 in walnut that was mint, had like a 2oz trigger, could almost one hole at 45 yards with 7.33’s and no wind.
They are hammers in .177 as well, a backyard pests nightmare.
It will throw the heavy .177 pellet offerings with great authority, and depending on the state of tune of the rifle, they are not unpleasant. Just heavy, which aids in them being easy to shoot at magnum power levels.

Today I was in break-in period for my new HW30. Even though it’s beautiful outside right now, I also wanted to try out my newly made indoor range. Basically built a box around a piece of ballistic steel that I used on a rifle range when I had a bigger piece of property. My new indoor range is 45’. I put 47 pellets through a hole about the size of a nickel. The 30 is a great little gun. I’m enjoying this new hobby!
IMG_0395.jpeg
IMG_0394.jpeg
IMG_0396.jpeg
IMG_0397.jpeg

I've just received an AA EX88 and it is twangy as all get out.
Definitely a winter project to sort out.
View attachment 404864
Wow, that is a rifle that you do not see often. Congratulations for acquiring it!

Get it sorted out, and do report back with some details and performance.

Shooting the gun that started this thread. HW77 lam. .177. View attachment 405288Such a sweet gun. Anything you ask. Easy for this.
Looks tight for the 47 yd range, but lots of room. Crow
I have that exact same rifle although a earlier version stock. What is your 77 preferred pellet? I still haven’t found mine yet..lol.

Reactions: .20calguy
Always wanted to try one of those in .177. I used to have a Diana 75 in walnut that was mint, had like a 2oz trigger, could almost one hole at 45 yards with 7.33’s and no wind.
I did some 50yd silhouette shooting with my .177 D48 this afternoon. As was mentioned, it really hammers the steel and is a great small pest rifle too. I set it up with a steel adjustable RWS "C" mount made specifically for the D48/52 and a steel Dianawerk muzzle weight, making an already heavy rifle even heavier. All that weight really works well with the 48 for me. I mostly shoot offhand, and prefer heavier rifles.

Coincidentally, I own a Diana 75 T01 U that I recently did a re-seal job on, and I'm testing it tomorrow. Gotta take advantage of what little windows of afternoon daylight and warmth we still have left before switching over to indoors.

Squirrel-48.JPG

DSC01661 3.JPG

Last edited:
I did some 50yd silhouette shooting with my .177 D48 this afternoon. As was mentioned, it really hammers the steel and is a great small pest rifle too. I set it up with a steel adjustable RWS "C" mount made specifically for the D48/52 and a steel Dianawerk muzzle weight, making an already heavy rifle even heavier. All that weight really works well with the 48 for me. I mostly shoot offhand, and prefer heavier rifles.

Coincidentally, I own a Diana 75 T01 U that I recently did a re-seal job on, and I'm testing it tomorrow. Gotta take advantage of what little windows of afternoon daylight and warmth we still have left before switching over to indoors.

View attachment 405319

View attachment 405310
Sweet rifles, my 75 was a 78 or 79 year model, your stock looks a lot different than the one I had.