What springer did you shoot today?

today was the HW97 177 next was the black rifle XS25S in 22 A knock off a Dian 34 purchased from flying dragon. I really enjoy This one It like my Diana 34 with the T01 trigger .The thumb hole is the Hatsan Mod 65 22 cal The verdict is still out on it It has a nice stock but the build Quality Is low
IMG_0797.jpeg
IMG_0795.jpeg
IMG_0796.jpeg
IMG_0798.jpeg

Today was in the low 70 and a perfect day for some pellet shooting.. So I spent about an hour and half shooting my HW77 and HW95 and sorta set a mile stone by being able to cock my HW77 single handed most of the time, a first for me. Maybe all of the shooting this year is paying off in building back some of my mussel power. At my age it is a steady but slow process. Both are great springers and that is a fact. Charles

Today was in the low 70 and a perfect day for some pellet shooting.. So I spent about an hour and half shooting my HW77 and HW95 and sorta set a mile stone by being able to cock my HW77 single handed most of the time, a first for me. Maybe all of the shooting this year is paying off in building back some of my mussel power. At my age it is a steady but slow process. Both are great springers and that is a fact. Charles

today was the HW97 177 next was the black rifle XS25S in 22 A knock off a Dian 34 purchased from flying dragon. I really enjoy This one It like my Diana 34 with the T01 trigger .The thumb hole is the Hatsan Mod 65 22 cal The verdict is still out on it It has a nice stock but the build Quality Is low View attachment 403005View attachment 402998View attachment 402999View attachment 403002
“Small world, wouldn’t want to paint it” I got my 97 .177 out today as well.
That XS looks good in black. Crow
I got the Hatsan MOD 65 out again and still disappointed with the results. These groups were shot about 60 - 65 feet.
The three worst groups are the Hatsan, the other two are the Beeman R9, one shot I pull the trigger prematurely while sighting in but each group was 6 or 7 shots.

View attachment 403054

View attachment 403055

View attachment 403056

View attachment 403057

View attachment 403058
You’re not going to beat a R9 with a club. Crow
Is your 77 the long barrel?
I have both k and long. The long is way easier to Jack. Crow
Up here the pistol is called Black Arrow, Mine is black and it’s just a HW70. I like the muzzle end on yours so much more. Great pistols. Crow
Got to shoot my fwb127 after some time going through it. Could be the first time in 40+ years since it had been shot. Very satisfying 🤓View attachment 403153
Airshot beautiful rifle. Love the patina. Crow

Reactions: sekiar
“Small world, wouldn’t want to paint it” I got my 97 .177 out today as well.
That XS looks good in black. Crow

You’re not going to beat a R9 with a club. Crow

Is your 77 the long barrel?
I have both k and long. The long is way easier to Jack. Crow

Up here the pistol is called Black Arrow, Mine is black and it’s just a HW70. I like the muzzle end on yours so much more. Great pistols. Crow

Airshot beautiful rifle. Love the patina. Crow
Mine is the K model. Sorry should have included the K on the model. Charles

I don’t see why the long should be any easier to cock than the k model. Same internals and far as I know same cocking lever. Maybe one of Crow’s has a better spring than the other?
I really notice the difference.
Same, I have the TX’s long and short, it’s the longer leverage. As well the 85 which is a 95 long. The 85’s remind me of the ease of a HW30.
I figure I’ll be able to Jack these longer in my old age as long as my body doesn’t shrink so I can’t reach the end. Crow

I didn’t get to shoot my 97K for over a week., so this weekend I did some practizing. I mainly shoot at 1/2 red dots and sometimes set up field targets for practice. Today I tried the “day at the range” pumpkin challenge.🎃 It supposed to be shot At 50 yards from a bench rested position, but I don’t have 50 yards..lol. I do have 42 yards so I tried from the HFT position sitting on my stool resting on cross sticks. I managed to hit 12 out of 25.😂

IMG_6464.jpeg

IMG_6463.jpeg

I need more practizing…

I don’t see why the long should be any easier to cock than the k model. Same internals and far as I know same cocking lever. Maybe one of Crow’s has a better spring than the other?
Here’s a R9 and 85. When switching to the 85 you have to stretch a little further.
IMG_7191.jpeg

And going back here’s a D350 Vs. 97k. Massive difference.
IMG_7201.jpeg
Couldn’t imagine jacking the 350 with a “k” barrel. I like shooting the long barrel. Crow
Beeman R1 with rare factory field target stock
View attachment 403412
View attachment 403413
DualMagMike another Diamond. Love the angled bars on cheek piece. Thanks for sharing. Crow

Had a HW95 .22 messing with the spinners. Superb gun.
IMG_7190.jpeg
This gun is as consistent as it gets.
I gave my HW98 .20 another go. New it was throwing JSB’s like an uzi. I was so disapppinged, today star of the rodeo.
IMG_7192.jpeg
Hard to believe it’s the same rifle. Begging for a spring. One of the nicest current Weihrauch’s IMO.
Used to be a member I think his name was “Fisher” a Chaplin. He raved about his HW98 .25, wanting one since. Not available here.
Does anyone have a HW98 .25 cal. and do you like it?
Crow

Here’s a R9 and 85. When switching to the 85 you have to stretch a little further.View attachment 403460
And going back here’s a D350 Vs. 97k. Massive difference.View attachment 403466Couldn’t imagine jacking the 350 with a “k” barrel. I like shooting the long barrel. Crow

DualMagMike another Diamond. Love the angled bars on cheek piece. Thanks for sharing. Crow
Makes perfect sense with a break barrel. Longer barrel = longer lever. Not the case with a HW77 or HW97. My 97K long barrel has the same cocking lever as a 97k. HW77k and HW77 long have the same cocking lever according to parts diagram. Would expect similar level of effort with same internals. Unless you’re holding it by the barrel while you pull the under lever? Not questioning that it does feel easier, just wondering why.

While we’re on HW77. Not much shooting this weekend because Kim’s mom will be here in 10 days so she’s in panic mode. Won’t calm down till the house looks like no one lives in it LOL. Put a breech seal in this and went through again before she woke up. Shot about 40 pellets through it. No chance to chrono but definitely more pop and better shot cycle. Dieseling all gone. Trigger breaks crisply at 18 oz. These old guns have a je ne sais quoi the new guns simply don’t. Definitely easier to cock than my 97 long because this one is 25mm piston.

20231105_172636_resized.jpeg

I gave my HW98 .20 another go. New it was throwing JSB’s like an uzi. I was so disapppinged, today star of the rodeo. View attachment 403513Hard to believe it’s the same rifle. Begging for a spring. One of the nicest current Weihrauch’s IMO.
Used to be a member I think his name was “Fisher” a Chaplin. He raved about his HW98 .25, wanting one since. Not available here.
Does anyone have a HW98 .25 cal. and do you like it?
Crow
Talk about a funny coincidence. I literally just finished cleaning my actual 9mm UZI which I shot earlier today. Locked it up, logged in, read your post, and had to laugh! Shot my .22 HW98 as well today.

Sorry to hear your new .20cal 98 is having teething pains. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out.