What springer did you shoot today?

Nice jewellery on top.
I have to ask. I notice the butt end looks like is out of the movie “Terminator”. I see these on the PCP, which I know nothing. It looks really uncomfortable but cool looking. Is the butt end a FT thing? Is it comfortable? Crow

It’s great to shoot off your porch.
I dug out a range behind my wood shop. I moved the earth to the back of my property. Where I dropped it, is now my range, when I realized I could shoot off the covered porch. The main squeeze didn’t mind me setting up shooting tables permanently, she saved the marriage. Where I originally dug out for range is now parking.
‘You have some massive trees back there. Crow

Nice shooting and priceless guns. Love the sights. Thanks for showing. Crow
butt hook locks the butt into position every time adjustable for any angle , including cant of rifle . one less thing you need think about in target or FT .

XS60C
95 .25
85 .25

20230916_130329~2.jpg

Gave the 98 another round and liking it. Also gave this TX200 .177 a round. View attachment 389383
‘Working like a dog trying to beat the weather. Last week we were frying, yesterday I turned on the furnace.
‘In mornings the air is cold but the lake is still warm. Start of rain. View attachment 389384Erie looking. Crow
Looks great! Hey just curious would you know if all Hawke scopes are considered “springer” rated??

Gave the 98 another round and liking it. Also gave this TX200 .177 a round. View attachment 389383
‘Working like a dog trying to beat the weather. Last week we were frying, yesterday I turned on the furnace.
‘In mornings the air is cold but the lake is still warm. Start of rain. View attachment 389384Erie looking. Crow
i get that a lot also , living on a lake, different low and high temps but same effect . Stan

Perfect weather this morning. Shooting steel silhouettes at 50-60 yds with the 98 using Crosman Premier 14.3 gr domed. Love that
Hawke 2-7 AO. After shooting the Diana 350 .22 almost exclusively for a couple of weeks now, the already light cocking effort of the
98 now feels lighter than a feather. Muscle memory can be a funny thing.

HW(*-1.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great! Hey just curious would you know if all Hawke scopes are considered “springer” rated??
I know the Air Max are guaranteed for life. Crow
i get that a lot also , living on a lake, different low and high temps but same effect . Stan

I expect the creature for black lagoon come walking out. Crow
Perfect weather this morning. Shooting steel silhouettes at 50-60 yds with the 98 using Crosman Premier 14.3 gr domed. Love that
Hawke 2-7 AO. After shooting the Diana 350 .22 almost exclusively for a couple of weeks now, the already light cocking effort of the
98 now feels lighter than a feather. Muscle memory can be a funny thing.

View attachment 389467
Night and day difference. Can’t beat a 98 with a club. Sweet rifle. Now to get a .25 cal.? Crow

Night and day difference. Can’t beat a 98 with a club. Sweet rifle. Now to get a .25 cal.? Crow

I've owned this .22 98 for over a year now, and it's become not only my favorite springer, but my favorite rifle. I like it enough to buy another. I love the looks of your new .20 cal Holy Grail 98, and I'm seriously considering buying one as well. The new style stock looks great, and I've never owned anything in .20 cal. I've read enough about .20 cal here to become interested in adding a new caliber to the stables.

Nice jewellery on top.
I have to ask. I notice the butt end looks like is out of the movie “Terminator”. I see these on the PCP, which I know nothing. It looks really uncomfortable but cool looking. Is the butt end a FT thing? Is it comfortable? Crow
Adjustable butt plates are indeed a Target gun accessory with the primary use being increased shoulder positioning overall & really helping offhand / kneeling shots.
For some of us who are able to shoot the deadman position, the curvature of the plate conforms well to the inside corner of your elbow when in the position.

Comfortable ??? generally not so much ... Function over form in this case.

Last edited:
Put a Williams peep sight on my early 80s era Diana 27 and am getting decent .75" groups at 25 yrds with Hobby pellets. Pretty satisfying to have an old beater like this perform decently. I picked this up last year for $80 from a group of beat up rifles Century had for sale. A little work and it's shooting nicely.

IMG_20230917_094216~2.jpg

IMG_20230917_094131~2.jpg

The spec sheets that came with my two Hawke scopes say that they are springer rated. I have a Hawke Vantage 2-7 AO on my HW98 and a Vantage 4x AO on my Diana 48. At this point I've put around 2000 rounds through each and so far no problems. The 48 especially is known as a scope killer, but that 4x Vantage is none the worse for wear.

Adjustable butt plates are indeed a Target gun accessory with the primary use being increased shoulder positioning overall & really helping offhand / kneeling shots.
For some of us who are able to shoot the deadman position, the curvature of the plate conforms well to the inside corner of your elbow when in the position.

Comfortable ??? generally not so much ... Function over form in this case.
I used to sell a foam that was adhesive on one side for hockey helmets. Called Rubatex, a very dense foam, absorbed shock, yet comfortable, and different thickness, 1/8 in. up to 1 in. Pricey. I would think it might be more comfortable. Just a thought. Crow

Reactions: Septicdeath
Put a Williams peep sight on my early 80s era Diana 27 and am getting decent .75" groups at 25 yrds with Hobby pellets. Pretty satisfying to have an old beater like this perform decently. I picked this up last year for $80 from a group of beat up rifles Century had for sale. A little work and it's shooting nicely.

View attachment 389505

View attachment 389506
That’s a really cool project and decent shooter. Crow

Reactions: Septicdeath
I started with a plan ! Going to shoot my PCP's all of them (4) BUT! (there is that word again )
ThomasT sent me a target so out came the FWB 600 .177 , that was the end of plan #1
Really i am fairly sure i could just sell all my other guns and be perfectly happy shooting just this one all day every day .
Shot @ 16 meters
IMG_0436.JPG
IMG_0434.JPG

Last edited:
The unwanted & undesirable >Grey Beard< HW97K in blue laminate with the older stock style. Decided to keep as no classified interest and fulfill the .177 category in my air rifle addictions. Just put on a set of new sportsmatch rings and a brand new Hawke Airmax scope. Too windy so unable to zero today.
Don’t understand how you endure so much torture. Crow
Took the Pro Sport .22, HW97k .20, HW30 .177, HW70 .177, HW45 .177 and the mighty LP400 .177 out today. Busy but fun range day for sure. Many cans were destroyed.
Sounds like a great day with a serious arsenal. Got to like the cans. Crow