• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Shot this .20 cal and a .177 co2

20230628_131129~2.jpg

Reactions: cjtamu
Got some time in before the heat, humidity, and Ontario smoke screen could get the better of me........
20230629_091116.jpg

HW50S in .177, freshly resealed with leather piston seal and synthetic breech seal.
Stock spring and guide, rear piston skirt buttoned, piston liner, and just enough tar to keep things slicked up.

20230629_093954.jpg

HW35 in .177, purchased at the Midwest Airgun Show, last weekend.
Shot it in as purchased condition, did not open it up to see what was inside, but have a good idea.
Synthetic breech seal is present, but the shot cycle feels like a leather sealed gun to me. If not, it is a VERY well balanced tune job with a synthetic piston seal??? I believe it to still have its OEM seal from 1970, or a replacement leather seal.
A complete sweet heart of a rifle to shoot!

Tonite is 4 of a kind. 4 - HW 50’s. 2-.177’s, .20 and .22. The .20 is new with no scope. View attachment 368482All guns were exceptional. Hitting a 2 inch spinner 32 yds with .20 with iron sights. This .20 cal. is already promising. Great round. Crow
Do you like the synthetic stock. I’ve been pondering just for something different. Frogy

Got some time in before the heat, humidity, and Ontario smoke screen could get the better of me........
View attachment 368526
HW50S in .177, freshly resealed with leather piston seal and synthetic breech seal.
Stock spring and guide, rear piston skirt buttoned, piston liner, and just enough tar to keep things slicked up.

View attachment 368527
HW35 in .177, purchased at the Midwest Airgun Show, last weekend.
Shot it in as purchased condition, did not open it up to see what was inside, but have a good idea.
Synthetic breech seal is present, but the shot cycle feels like a leather sealed gun to me. If not, it is a VERY well balanced tune job with a synthetic piston seal??? I believe it to still have its OEM seal from 1970, or a replacement leather seal.
A complete sweet heart of a rifle to shoot!
Very nice. The 35 looks like a keeper. Nice stock. Crow
Do you like the synthetic stock. I’ve been pondering just for something different. Frogy
Yes I do. They make them exact to the wood stock. Have the 30 and 97 in Blackline as well. Big reason is I can easily tell the difference between two .177’s. They’re all duplicates. Be a good truck gun. You can fill the stocks with different materials (densities). I do like the wood better. They also look different to my wife. Crow
Are those stocks synthetic, or coated wood?
Synthetic. Crow

Two this evening, l picked up a Diana 350 mag. .22. Hawke 3x9x40 scope.
IMG_6152.jpeg
Talk about long barrel. My first few shots sounded like a rim fire. The longer barrel makes jacking it easier. Took a bit to tame the scope to the rifle. Here within first 25 shots. A 5 shot group, 35 yds.
IMG_6150.jpeg

This beast is gonna destroy tree rats.
Next up a Walthers LGU Varmint, another synthetic stock. A favorite.
IMG_6154.jpeg
Check out the difference in length of barrel on these two rifles.
IMG_6155.jpeg
Crow

Real dirty here today. Toronto has the most polluted air on the planet today.
This is crazy. View attachment 368420And stink. Cairo Egypt wasn’t this bad. Crow Watched 3 mink run along the shore earlier.
Crow where did all that water come from, last time I looked it weren’t there lol.
Gary