• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Two of these were on my repair bench last nite, both 90’s.
IMG_5518.jpeg
HW80 .177, HW90 .20 and HW90 .25. Three power houses. Man these 90’s are amazing. Solid guns.IMG_5521.jpegIMG_5519.jpegIMG_5520.jpegCrow

Reactions: holo07 and cjtamu
A Diana 46 E
20230505_114246.jpg

Rifle has a Vortek PG2 Diana 34 kit in it and does 790ish with H&N FTTs.
I pulled the mount and scope off of it and mounted an old Mendoza adjustable peep sight. I also reinstalled the Diana rear stop screw on the rail, as this is what it was originally placed there for.
20230505_114313.jpg

My skills with a post front sight are not helped much by the fat Diana front sight blade, but I am confident in rolling squirrels and rabbits at 10 to 40 yards with it.
20230505_114212.jpg

A Diana 46 E
View attachment 353851

Rifle has a Vortek PG2 Diana 34 kit in it and does 790ish with H&N FTTs.
I pulled the mount and scope off of it and mounted an old Mendoza adjustable peep sight. I also reinstalled the Diana rear stop screw on the rail, as this is what it was originally placed there for.
View attachment 353852

My skills with a post front sight are not helped much by the fat Diana front sight blade, but I am confident in rolling squirrels and rabbits at 10 to 40 yards with it.
View attachment 353853
Chuck nice gun and stock. This must be the underlever for the 460. I put a Vortek spring in mine, sweet. I like the sights. Crow

Took 2 TX’s out this morning both .22. First up up the TX and as usual deadly. The only thing I didn’t like was the covers for the scope. I find they catch on my clothing.
IMG_5530.jpeg
Then I jumped on a Hunter. I find the knurled grip hard on the fingers, in winter I don’t shoot much for this reason.
IMG_5529.jpeg
I have to grab it with the meat of my thumb.
IMG_5527.jpeg
I find the button easier to release the cocking arm, as on the 77 and 97’s. Nit picking. Crow

Reactions: Frogy and cjtamu
Got a bag of sear springs for the Shanghai B3 that I was repairing for my neighbor, so now it's all in one piece. Shot it a bit. Not very exciting. It has pretty dismal velocity, so I'll be making a "stilt" for my homemade spring guide to see if I can get it up to a reasonable speed. Tarted it up with a paint job and a usable sight.
Made him a safety block, because I found that in an almost impossible to achieve circumstance (requiring parts falling out), the gun can bite when it shouldn't be able to.
I don't think the design of the gun is particularly unsafe, it's the very sloppy fit and finishing.
Some folks have stated in various places that the trigger/sear/piston-tube engagement surfaces should be polished with sandpaper... What a great way to cause accidents! They need to be filed/stoned flat and true.
B3-Neighbors-Gun_Restored-Sort-Of.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: crowski
I am not using it as a SCOPE stop gentlemen.
It is a lightweight peep sight that I wanted to arrest any possible rearward movement.

I am evaluating whether I like the opens better than scoped on this rifle.

I will grant that my statement about it being there for that reason, may have been seen as contrary to what you have read.

What peep sight utilizes this hole?
Who makes it?
Does a picture exist?

If I am wrong, and it snaps the top off of the screw, I will humbly eat crow.

Edited to add
Thanks for the concern though, really, at least you all are keeping an eye out for me!

Reactions: Frogy
The name of that screw is the 'rear sight recoil arresting screw' apparently, and it appears that I used it correctly.
About halfway down the post is Hectors view on it.

Reactions: Frogy
Wednesday was at a buddy's shooting. Sorry no pictures. And yesterday my range forgot my phone. Today it was raining all day but managed to shoot this 1932 Daisy 25 while feeding the horse.
It counts. Has a spring-piston 😁
View attachment 354006
Fascinating, 20+ years older than me and much better shape. Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Crow