• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

I was shooting this little pice crap.Sorry i dont have a big scope to put on it?but thats how they did it in the old days.

IMG_3738.JPG

IMG_3737.JPG

I was shooting this little pice crap.Sorry i dont have a big scope to put on it?but thats how they did it in the old days.

View attachment 341326

View attachment 341327
Beautiful gun. I’m not at all familiar, but see a gem. Love the stock and sights and the whole gun. 97% of my guns are current. But I admire yesterdays more. Thanks for sharing. Crow
Motorhead tuned D460 .22, 14.6gr FTTs, UTG 3X12, hadn't fired it in several weeks. Collared dove was quickly picked up by the barn cat, win-win! It looks like spring has finally arrived in my area, looking forward to "taking it outside".
You’re lucky you have access to professional tuners.
Cats are handy. Looking forward to decent weather.
The last rifle I bought was a 460. Shot awesome then soundEd odd. Broken spring. Just received a Vortek spring and piston seal few days ago. Another iron in the fire. Crow

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Well for the past several days been shooting the HW95L field pro 177 cal BUt BuT with a twist. I had ordered a 22 call barrel for this rifle . And have been breaking it in . I felt even with a new ARH spring kit it was over sprung for 177 . Verdict still out on the 22cal barrel . If ever I get fed up with spring air rifles this would be the first to go so far not a fan of the HW 95 ☹️ love my 97 an love love my Hw90 I feel my Diana 48 is way better than the 95 my Diana 34 with crap trigger is better . ( well the 34 is broken ) just venting this rifle has been a pain ever sense I received it in January I’ll go another 500 pellets if the doesn’t become useful . The scope an mount come off an it gets cleaned oiled an b put were I can’t see it again , let my kid deal with it when I die 😄😄😄😄😄😂

Reactions: crowski
I found my grandads old Em-Ge Zenith in the cleaning cupboard for some reason, so I had to give it a shot. It's definitly no match for my FWB 65 so I put it back with the rags again.

Been busy sorting out a Dreamline in .25
Not familiar with Zenith. Pic? Enjoy your 65. Crow
Well for the past several days been shooting the HW95L field pro 177 cal BUt BuT with a twist. I had ordered a 22 call barrel for this rifle . And have been breaking it in . I felt even with a new ARH spring kit it was over sprung for 177 . Verdict still out on the 22cal barrel . If ever I get fed up with spring air rifles this would be the first to go so far not a fan of the HW 95 ☹️ love my 97 an love love my Hw90 I feel my Diana 48 is way better than the 95 my Diana 34 with crap trigger is better . ( well the 34 is broken ) just venting this rifle has been a pain ever sense I received it in January I’ll go another 500 pellets if the doesn’t become useful . The scope an mount come off an it gets cleaned oiled an b put were I can’t see it again , let my kid deal with it when I die 😄😄😄😄😄😂
Wow Froggy that’s ironic. I was shooting my HW95 .22 this afternoon and it was so accurate. I was putting the odd round though a 3/8 hole 35 yds. Crow

Reactions: cjtamu
Today I spent a few hours fixing my spinners. Did get to hit a few. Started off with a Pro Sport .22. This gun is always ready
5E8E84B9-FA1B-492D-A797-787D0AB5A779.jpeg
Ya that’s more snow. This gun is so easy to shoot and so accurate. Great gun.
Next I got a HW95 .22. Again right from the first shot deadly accurate.
8E4AB47C-1231-4117-8071-4A7EF02427F3.jpeg
Plain Jane but gets the job done. This is a fantastic hunting rifleThe last I grabbed was a HE35e .177.
88E11D41-7A9C-4483-A860-5F32747692DF.jpeg
I didn’t get a lot of shots off with the 35. It was windy and only 30F. I smacked the targets around pretty good. Crow

Not familiar with Zenith. Pic? Enjoy your 65. Crow
German overlever from the 1930's
03-29-21-01-Zenit.jpg

I'll let Tom Gaylord tell you more

Last edited:
Today I spent a few hours fixing my spinners. Did get to hit a few. Started off with a Pro Sport .22. This gun is always ready View attachment 341623Ya that’s more snow. This gun is so easy to shoot and so accurate. Great gun.
Next I got a HW95 .22. Again right from the first shot deadly accurate.View attachment 341632Plain Jane but gets the job done. This is a fantastic hunting rifleThe last I grabbed was a HE35e .177.View attachment 341621I didn’t get a lot of shots off with the 35. It was windy and only 30F. I smacked the targets around pretty good. Crow
Another fine showing of springers thank you. I do have a question about your 22cal 95 . What weight of pellets does it like best? And I notice JSB tins on the table . Most of the22 pellets I have are 16 gr an heavier HN and. AA brand. food for the hW90 Frogy

German overlever from the 1930's
03-29-21-01-Zenit.jpg

I'll let Tom Gaylord tell you more

That pistol is so cool. Thanks for showing. Your lucky! Enjoy Crow

Another fine showing of springers thank you. I do have a question about your 22cal 95 . What weight of pellets does it like best? And I notice JSB tins on the table . Most of the22 pellets I have are 16 gr an heavier HN and. AA brand. food for the hW90 Frogy
I generally shoot JSB 15.89. I’ve found JSB’s to be accepted by all springers. I have a few other weights, but again found the 15.89 my favorite. Crow

Reactions: cjtamu and Frogy
My HW95 .22 likes the FTT 14.66 in 5.53 or 5.54.

I took the 90 .20 cal. out again. Had no choic, some kind of magnetism happened. This is my 3rd .20 cal. rifle and it fits the bill. View attachment 341318This gun seems invincible. Definitely made the favourites list.
I also assaulted the cans with my HW 98. View attachment 341317
Now I would probably crawl over glass on my hands and knees for a 98 in .20 cal. Such a sweet gun. I have to put a piston seal in this gun to finish the spring change.
Last was a 97 .22, the first of my 97’sView attachment 341322This one rarely misses. It finished off this can at 30 yds. With the wind damn hard to hit. View attachment 341323 I like cutting the cans in two. Crow
Is the 98 barrel sleeve fluted

The pellets jccams and Crowski mentioned both work really well in my 95 Luxus .22. I prefer the JSB 15.89. A little less power (right at 16 FPE) than the FTT, similar accuracy. But 20+ mph winds are the norm around here so I like the heavier pellets. And shot cycle a hair smoother with the JSB.

Froggy I took the liberty to shoot the 95 again and a R9 both .22. I thought the Beeman had a different stock, must of been another lifetime. These two are identical. Don’t remember them being together. Their my twins . Shot them for 1 1/2 hrs.
E091070C-73CB-4413-92C6-97D891185B25.jpeg
These are the rounds I used,
CD95244E-B9D1-45FE-B33F-EDC038B37C7A.jpeg
I don’t have any H&N’s in .22. That could change.
I tried these that I had on hand.
‘Neither agreed with the AA’s
Both guns favoured the 15.89’s and the Hades. The dome is best but it’s surprising how accurate the Hades is. Crow

How are you doing? Hope all is well...
I discharged myself from hospital late last night. There are some urgent maters I have to deal with and being in hospital just wouldn’t cut it. They didn’t want to discharge me because there was still some infection showing up in my blood tests. I was on the most strongest antibiotic drip available for 5 days. They gave me a prescription for oral antibiotics for the next 5 days at home. At least the swelling has gone down a lot and the infection in my blood is going in the right direction.
I had facial cellulitis, thanks for asking.
Gary