• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

I was shooting the Beeman P17 and TX200 again today. I really like them. Over the last few sessions with the P17 is shooting well for me.

1673216737638.png

Reactions: crowski
Thanks. Sounds encouraging. I have the HW90 in .20 and .25. cal. The .25 was my first Weihrauch. Jacking it killed me, so I put it down. Last Jan. I bought the pump and gauge with the .20, but never used. Been preoccupied by a few springers but itching to get them out. Good thing this isn’t a race. Crow
that's the way mine was when I first got it. I pretty well quit shooting it till I got the gauge an let some pressure off. now it get's shot at lest once a week.

Another Gorgeous day here in Texas today, Zero wind, 74 degree's.. so broke out the Beeman HW97K Custom

I tried some old pellets i had in my stash, H&N Baracuda FT 9.57gr, 4.51mm and this was the result

5 shot group @ 33 yards (Large Blue Target)

* Note the small targets above the larger blue target as well, same gun shooting same pellets *

IMG_0562.jpg

The Gun responsible..

IMG_0545[13899].jpg

that's the way mine was when I first got it. I pretty well quit shooting it till I got the gauge an let some pressure off. now it get's shot at lest once a week.
Thanks.
View attachment 322119
Got my new HW97K in .20 great shooter. Love shooting the 13 grain jsbs seems to have a really flat trajectory out to 50 yards. Hold over was 1/2 dot from 15 yards out to 50.
74 deg. I’m envious. Again our lake is still half open. Never in 35 yrs, have I seen this.
Beeman 97, an absolute gem. Nice setup and wicked shooting. Crow
View attachment 322119
Got my new HW97K in .20 great shooter. Love shooting the 13 grain jsbs seems to have a really flat trajectory out to 50 yards. Hold over was 1/2 dot from 15 yards out to 50.
Sweet rifle. The HW97 .20 is my last new purchase as well. Blown away by it’s performance. Enjoy Crow

Thanks.

74 deg. I’m envious. Again our lake is still half open. Never in 35 yrs, have I seen this.
Beeman 97, an absolute gem. Nice setup and wicked shooting. Crow
Sweet rifle. The HW97 .20 is my last new purchase as well. Blown away by it’s performance. Enjoy Crow
Here in E. Texas, my indoor/outdoor thermometer is showing 82 degrees, and this is the first third of January!

Hatsan Model 135 Vortex QE Carnivore. full can of pop and a couple metal targets. this rifle sure puts the smack down on things!​

One of the most powerful, if not the most, break barrel. Enjoy Crow
Here in E. Texas, my indoor/outdoor thermometer is showing 82 degrees, and this is the first third of January!
Is that normal for you?
Our temperatures should be 30 deg. lower. We’re hovering around freezing. Crow

Reactions: Johndunbar
One of the most powerful, if not the most, break barrel. Enjoy Crow

Is that normal for you?
Our temperatures should be 30 deg. lower. We’re hovering around freezing. Crow
No not near normal, like you it should be 30 degrees cooler, forecast just show to be about 25 cooler tomorrow. When I was growing up in NE Louisiana back int the 50's and early 60's it would get cold and stay that way, not Canada cold but highs in mid 40's to 50's on average. I can remember trick or treating on Haloween, my birthday back then and there was usually ice on water puddles, now it is often shorts and t shirts.

Took these 3 out today. HW85 .22 Walther LGU Varmint .22 and HW30 .177.
8423B849-A337-4304-868C-DF4B4F725B9D.jpeg

My first was the 30 which I just finished putting a Vortek spring and piston seal in. So smooth.
When putting the trigger block and spring I got it position by using a tapered awl, I got in my wood shop. With the taper I was easily able to line up the set screw to tighten.
FECBC4DD-CD60-48AC-9C9B-0A168CDC4D33.jpeg
. This was easier than what I saw on u-tube.
Put a different scope on the 85.
4220E0CB-71DF-4753-BE0E-979270588CBA.jpeg
Air Max 4x12x50. I love the big honking scopes. Once zeroed in it was deadly.
Shooting the LGU just makes me wanna cry because I never got a LGV or a wood LGU, was so close. Managed to scoop the Varmint. Such a fantastic gun. Crow

If you saw my post last night shouldn‘t be hard to figure what I shot today ha ha. Sighted in HW35E today. Accuracy wasn’t what I expected at first but gun hadn’t been fired in awhile. Once it loosened up and I got more comfortable with it, it shot AA and JSB 8.44 very well. Had 20+ mph wind gusts so will get a better feel for it when it’s calmer. Tried some FTT and it threw them 1.5” low and 0.5” left. Very consistently, nice tight group, but way low left. Seems to have a little barrel droop. Does anyone make a one-piece adjustable for 1” tube? I know Sportsmatch makes one for 30mm tube.

I have a suspicion this gun was tuned. Seller didn’t know since he didn’t buy it new. Zero buzz or twang. Just a quick sharp thud. Really pleasant. Didn’t have time to chrono but the numbers the seller stated with JSB 8.44 would put it about 12.5 lb-ft. Real pleasure to shoot, can’t wait to get some more time with it. Maybe I’ll remember to take pics. Oh, and Crowski it had cooled off to about 75 degrees when I went out to shoot.

Crow, I use piano wire for slave pins. Having a few different diameters around can come in handy.

I took my HW77 out for just a few shots after I swapped stocks. I had a Custom Stock Tyrolean arrive late this after noon and that thing is pretty, not real fancy. My rifle is equipped with Anschutz diopters front and back, and I did need to move the rear sight forward a little so the actual diopter would not hit my glasses. That Tyrolean cheekpiece positions my head just right to line my eyes up with the sights. Even moving the sight a little and no adjustment I was hitting a 1 1/2" diamond shaped swinger out at 35 yards, offhand.