What springer did you shoot today?

I reworked the stock on my FWB 124 years ago when it got a bad scratch and remember. Don't want to do that again. It got me to thinking , there is an old process for oak, called fuming, where a room or piece of furniture is placed in a small sealed room. The wood to be "stained" is clean and bare. A container of ammonia is placed under a candle or gentle heat source to cause expulsion of ammonia gas which turns the wood brown. I think it is dependent upon tannins in the wood. I just googled it and apparently something like ammonia solution can be brushed on for similar results. Just an idea.

Sounds similar to the oxidation process I used. I will check into this. Always enjoy finding different ways to color wood.

Took these beauties for a spin today. 64FA49FD-396B-47C4-AD87-0C3C586DAE91.jpeg HW77 .25, HW97 Black STL .22, Pro Sport .22 TX200 .177, HW98 .177 and HW85 .22. Enjoyed the PS so much did a nite shoot with it. Just came in. The more I shoot at nite the more I enjoy it. Crow

Today I grabbed 2 lams. A HW77 and a HW97K both .177. First the 77, I’m clawing and battling the cocking arm, I just about broke all my fingernails trying to release the arm. Yesterday I was shooting my TX200’s just pull the lever. Once I figured out to push the button I was OK. LOL. View attachment 272558 This 77 has the longer barrel which makes the cocking easier. Once I zeroed my scope at 30 yds. this baby not just hit the spinners but most the time in the centre. Used JSB 10.34 same weight as Hades.
This 97 makes no mistakes, I do. Again same as the 77, once zeroed spot on. View attachment 272557 I favour the looks of the 97 because of the barrel weight. Heavy winds today. These two are so accurate you can almost control the ricochet. Definitely good enough for the girls I go out with.
What springer did you shoot today?
Crow
HW97 favorite airgun in my collection. Its better than Ill ever be 😅

Reactions: ITACUD and crowski
Rain this afternoon. Smokin line up today. HW80 .177, 97kt .177, HW95 .177, R9 .20, TX200 Hunter .177 and BSA Polaris .22. 9C7C2F4B-7E80-4C0E-AD7E-A32780109377.jpeg
I don’t use the BSA much but what a tack driver. 1C784E81-B4E0-447F-AB1E-BF47C60874DE.jpeg The loading port is odd. 1E4690E4-4560-42B1-9E99-D8E8C4CA1F9A.jpeg You have to slide the round down. You can open and close cover once cocked. I was using JSB 15.89 and found the skirts got crushed when closing cover. AF34A15C-0824-4AC1-94A2-0A3D06D289E5.jpeg Still stacked rounds at 30 yds. This gun would be a desirable if not for the loading method. All guns performed like their last. Crow

03ABB4F0-1B62-478E-89C5-437C02272FCC.jpeg

Today it was the Crossman Venom Dusk.
20220921_204022.jpg

I've had it over 10 years, it was my first exposure to a gas ram. Unfortunately it just will not shoot straight.
I've tried every hold, pellet, scope, adjustments, maintenance....
About once every year I get it back out and try again but the best it will ever be is 2" groups at 20 yards:(

TO5 trigger RWS Diana 52 Luxus .177. Newly received Accurized ZR mount from Hector Medina and the Athlon 4-14 FFP scope I'd been waiting to mount until I got the ZR mount. The better scope really let me see the capabilities of this gun. Shoots beautifully. I zeroed it at 20 yards yesterday and if I do my job it's just a 10 shot ragged hole. Looking forward to stretching its legs soon. BoG, the teak oil was spot on. Four coats later and it has a beautiful matte finish. Looks even better in person. Don't know if you can tell in the photo but that checkering is oh so sharp!

52L_ZRMount_Athlon.jpg

HW97 favorite airgun in my collection. Its better than Ill ever be 😅
You and me both. Awesome guns. Crow
HW97 with the Hawke scope. Shot it yesterday with the SWFA 20x42 fixed scope seemed to be a good match!

View attachment 291359
I like your scope. The 97 is the perfect underlever. IMO. Crow
Took my HW35e out for a few minutes, and quickly gave up. Temp is 96 with heat index of 103 right now and will get a little worse as the afternoon goes on.
We’re getting frost warnings at nite. Tonite was the first nite I came in cold. Yesterday I was wearing shorts on my range at nite. The 35’s are a treat. Crow
View attachment 291555

I've had it over 10 years, it was my first exposure to a gas ram. Unfortunately it just will not shoot straight.
About once every year I get it back out and try again but the best it will ever be is 2" groups at 20 yards:(
View attachment 291555

Not familiar but looks deadly and is a challenge. Enjoy Crow
If anyone dreams for a rifle the 97 .20 would fill the order. That’s the last rifle I bought, a blue lam. I really like your green lam.
TO5 trigger RWS Diana 52 Luxus .177. Newly received Accurized ZR mount from Hector Medina and the Athlon 4-14 FFP scope I'd been waiting to mount until I got the ZR mount. The better scope really let me see the capabilities of this gun. Shoots beautifully. I zeroed it at 20 yards yesterday and if I do my job it's just a 10 shot ragged hole. Looking forward to stretching its legs soon. BoG, the teak oil was spot on. Four coats later and it has a beautiful matte finish. Looks even better in person. Don't know if you can tell in the photo but that checkering is oh so sharp!

View attachment 291769
Nice stock and gun. I prefer matte finish as well. Crow

Get out of town! No C&C machines back in the day. Look at the machining. Masterpiece. Thanks for sharing. Crow
1965 HW55M and 1968 Daisy FWB 150

View attachment 292021
A few of you guys are lucky enough to own a 55. Sweet. Nice guns, enjoy. Crow