What springer did you shoot today?

A Theoben SLR 98 .22 wearing 30mm rings and a 4.5X14 Leupold scope. First shoot since service over a year ago, David Slade did the service, it's running at 13 fpe with CP domes. I was very impressed not being broken in yet, easy to cock at 13 fpe and printed some nice groups @ 31.5 yds. One flier on box 4, I pulled through the second stage not used to the trigger yet.View attachment 289476View attachment 289477

View attachment 289470

View attachment 289471

View attachment 289472
She's still looking good Russell...
Glad I could send her back home!
I still have the Evolution .177 and shoot once an a while! Puts a smile on my face every time I pull the trigger!
James from Michigan

Webley Venom Sidewinder Tomahawk
IMG_20220915_150507.jpg
in .22!
Opening day small game season!
32 yard heart shot!
James from Michigan

Nice rifle, it looks fantastic. I see you use the 10x SWFA. How do you like it for hunting. Do you wish you had a wider field of view at times.
Z
Works really well pesting birds at the farms but yes It can be a bit challenging in the woods! The really fine reticle against dark background is tough at times too.

Reactions: ITACUD
I've been looking at those for a while. I would just use it to paper punch. I have another gun for the pests. Which reticle do you have?
Have the Mil rad version and think the MOA would have been a better choice!
Bought it on one of their holiday sales for $199 a couple years ago!
They are seriously bulletproof scopes with lifetime warranty. Don't go above 12x on the fixed power models though! Finding good eye alignment on the higher power is a nightmare.

Reactions: Zut
Fun , Fun today , HW 97k DYI spinner 's out to 40 yards (end of safe zone) large ones are 1.25 inch small ones 1/2 inch mixed distances'
then the really fun stuff FWB 600 Peeps and 10 yard rifle targets ,
Just for Grins put on a red dot FWB600 damm almost impossible to miss BB size bulls @10 yards .
maybe il repeat today again tomorrow

Reactions: crowski and ITACUD
My new FWB Sport. I mounted the Hawke Airmax 2-7x32 I had gotten for it this afternoon. I shot at a 10 meter pistol target primarily because of the small red center dot, at abut 15 yards. First shot was touching the red just off center, best I have ever done mounting a scope. Took just a few minutes to walk it over to where I wanted the pellets to impact. Then nailed a red wasp that was going under the sawhorse where I have my pellet trap/target holder

Reactions: crowski and ITACUD
HW97K / H&N 8.44 10 meter range , 5 shot group's .you can really tell when the water skiers with very loud music went byView attachment 290441
Nice shooting. Had to be Rap music to shoot like that. Crow
Crosman Mendoza rm 622

Picked it up dirt cheap at a local gun show. Shoots 580-590 fps fairly accurate considering the crappy trigger.

View attachment 290466

View attachment 290467

View attachment 290468
Not familiar with gun but sweet. Never been to a gun show. I would take my covered trailer. Crow
My one and only HW97. I love her. 65°F and nice here. Serious 30-60 yard plinking going on. View attachment 290603View attachment 290602
I have same gun in stainless look. Just shooting yesterday and ripping cans. My now favourite target. Crow
Shot my new ugly duckling. HW30. Then pulled the Jetsons stock and put on proper attire. This week a Vortek spring kit. Will keep updated with progress.
View attachment 290650
Very nice guns.
Did you use a Watco stain on those? Looks good.
Fun , Fun today , HW 97k DYI spinner 's out to 40 yards (end of safe zone) large ones are 1.25 inch small ones 1/2 inch mixed distances'
then the really fun stuff FWB 600 Peeps and 10 yard rifle targets ,
Just for Grins put on a red dot FWB600 damm almost impossible to miss BB size bulls @10 yards .
maybe il repeat today again tomorrow
Crow
You can’t beat spinners. They last indefinitely. The 97 will punish them.
Have a FWB 300S, never shoot it. I’ll have to try it 10 m. Crow
My new FWB Sport. I mounted the Hawke Airmax 2-7x32 I had gotten for it this afternoon. I shot at a 10 meter pistol target primarily because of the small red center dot, at abut 15 yards. First shot was touching the red just off center, best I have ever done mounting a scope. Took just a few minutes to walk it over to where I wanted the pellets to impact. Then nailed a red wasp that was going under the sawhorse where I have my pellet trap/target holder
Sweet setup. Nothing more satisfying than smacking a bug. My problem, their disappearing which is great, but you kind of miss them for shooting. Crow

The USPS dropped 7500 pellets on my porch sometime today, so, I ran some through my hw30 this evening.

Nice and calm. Only one way it could have been better....

......My nutjob of a Jack Russell pup has found standing (then SITTING!) next to my spinner targets is a GREAT way to get my attention. Bull headed girl loves listening to me plead, then, yell at her. She just stares and laughs at me now! The real fun for her starts when I get up and try to catch her....:rolleyes:

Crowski. Watco stain is wonderful but it does nothing to Beech. Coloring/aging this stock was a process. I sure hope I never have to do it again. Very rewarding when the stars align but it’s not always the case.
I reworked the stock on my FWB 124 years ago when it got a bad scratch and remember. Don't want to do that again. It got me to thinking , there is an old process for oak, called fuming, where a room or piece of furniture is placed in a small sealed room. The wood to be "stained" is clean and bare. A container of ammonia is placed under a candle or gentle heat source to cause expulsion of ammonia gas which turns the wood brown. I think it is dependent upon tannins in the wood. I just googled it and apparently something like ammonia solution can be brushed on for similar results. Just an idea.