What springer did you shoot today?

None so far today, I did get out this morning and did some trimming with a weed eater, and will mow in a little bit. By the time I finish will probably be a bit on the tired side and may not shoot at all, I do need to stay inside and complete some required continuing education courses to renew my pharmacists licenses.

Yesterday I shot my HW 77 and 57, all offhand shooting.

Reactions: crowski
Today it was the Gamo Swarm Maxxim.
20220829_190533.jpg

I've only owned it for about 6 weeks now.

What I like; it's light, 10 shots on tap, smooth shooting cycle, price to performance ratio is excellent (plus the scope that comes with it is adequate), constant .75" groups @ 30 yards with H&N Baracuda's.

What I don't like; the magazine will sometimes drop pellets when cocking (I've dry fired a few times because of this), the second stage (although adjustable) has way way to much creep even with the adjustment maxed out.

But overall it's a good shooter and I wouldn't hesitate to use it for squirrel hunting.

Today it was the Gamo Swarm Maxxim.
View attachment 286206
I've only owned it for about 6 weeks now.

What I like; it's light, 10 shots on tap, smooth shooting cycle, price to performance ratio is excellent (plus the scope that comes with it is adequate), constant .75" groups @ 30 yards with H&N Baracuda's.

What I don't like; the magazine will sometimes drop pellets when cocking (I've dry fired a few times because of this), the second stage (although adjustable) has way way to much creep even with the adjustment maxed out.

But overall it's a good shooter and I wouldn't hesitate to use it for squirrel hunting.
Any gun for Nutters is fine by me. Crow

I grabbed the R-9 2nite after work. The last 2 times I've had it out it did not behave like it did before. So I shot it and then my HW 50. To see if it was me. Nope, I'm still me. (darn it) lol. I need to pull the scope from the HW50 and set it on the R-9. Both are Hawke 2-7 X 32 AMX. I've noticed I can't shoot at night very long before eye fatigue becomes a factor for me.

Reactions: crowski
I grabbed the R-9 2nite after work. The last 2 times I've had it out it did not behave like it did before. So I shot it and then my HW 50. To see if it was me. Nope, I'm still me. (darn it) lol. I need to pull the scope from the HW50 and set it on the R-9. Both are Hawke 2-7 X 32 AMX. I've noticed I can't shoot at night very long before eye fatigue becomes a factor for me.
I’ve had that happen. It’s frustrating but part of the deal. Good luck. Crow