• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

the other day i shot but could not post target picture . the picture finally showed up in my mail ( sent from I phone) so here is the pic. View attachment 361961
That’s nice shooting. You and the gentleman with the tx200 have me pondering about this paper shooting 🙂😳. I went down that rabbit hole back in the powder burning days 😬😬. Well I suppose my HW97k 177 deserves something different other than smacking steel . Keep those post coming.

Reactions: crowski
Well, one shot with my Diana 34. Kim told me there was a snake needed to be taken care of. Turned out not to be so but the gun was already cocked and loaded. And a few shots with this just to see where the new RD setup was. Just came in today. Hoping to get it zeroed in next couple days.

20230605_214806_resized.jpeg

Reactions: holo07 and crowski
Had some fun with a

Diana 25 .22 and era appropriate scope at 15 yards.​

View attachment 362348
Wicked gun. Thanks for sharing. Crow
Dusted off the .177 Marksman (Hw/BSF) Model 70 for a few shots today, really a nice shooting rifle I should take out more often. Mine has the Record trigger so it's a sweet shooting full size rifle.

View attachment 362357
Not familiar, looks awesome. Thanks for sharing. Crow
Plinking from the back deck with my HW95L .22 & chasing the elusive, (for me anyway), MOA at 25 yards. For some VERY thankful reason the mosquitoes have not been present yet and we have had the wettest year in memory. I hope all you folks enjoy the shooting as much as I do. 84+ and not getting any younger! God bless all.
Can’t beat plinking of the back porch. I donated blood today. They’re bad here. Crow

Reactions: Deerstalker
Well, one shot with my Diana 34. Kim told me there was a snake needed to be taken care of. Turned out not to be so but the gun was already cocked and loaded. And a few shots with this just to see where the new RD setup was. Just came in today. Hoping to get it zeroed in next couple days.

View attachment 362393
Is that like a mini scope? no idea. Or does it put a red dot on target?
I like the looks better than a big scope. Crow

Reactions: Deerstalker
Is that like a mini scope? no idea. Or does it put a red dot on target?
I like the looks better than a big scope. Crow
Red dot. Best adapter system I’ve seen. Look in the HW45 Piston Damage thread a few down, wrote a detailed explanation for Ron and there’s a link to where I purchased. You getting smoke from the fires in Halifax? Talked to Kim’s mom yesterday and she said the cold rain had finally put most of them out.

Reactions: crowski
today is HW 30 &97 TX200 then non springer Mac 1 ALL in .177 . 3 MPH wind , leaves are not moving . Beautiful 84 degrees this afternoon .
Perfect day with perfect guns. Enjoy. Crow
Red dot. Best adapter system I’ve seen. Look in the HW45 Piston Damage thread a few down, wrote a detailed explanation for Ron and there’s a link to where I purchased. You getting smoke from the fires in Halifax? Talked to Kim’s mom yesterday and she said the cold rain had finally put most of them out.
Thanks for the info.
I’m nowhere near Halifax. We’ve had more forest fires In Ontario this year than all of last year, we just started our season. It’s a sunny day with no sun and I’m a hundred mile away. Nasty smell. Need a change of wind direction. Crow

Shot the Crosman Model 99 and Hatsan 95 .25 today but failed to take a picture.

Later a 6pm fed the horse and shot this tiny spring-piston rifle.
Daisy 100 model 38
In 1938, Daisy made a single-shot they called the 100 Model 38. It resembled the 1912 Model C made 26 years earlier but was very different from the typical lever-action construction they are known for. Besides the lack of a cocking lever, this rifle has no visible screws. It’s held together by rivets., "This model was made for younger children, but the advantage of using the whole butt as a cocking lever means it can be powerful. And it is! these little guns shot well over 300fps, this one averaging 340fps. A small powerful gun that's accurate for five and six year old kids. What would moms say today?

20230606_175954~2.jpg

Shot the Crosman Model 99 and Hatsan 95 .25 today but failed to take a picture.

Later a 6pm fed the horse and shot this tiny spring-piston rifle.
Daisy 100 model 38
In 1938, Daisy made a single-shot they called the 100 Model 38. It resembled the 1912 Model C made 26 years earlier but was very different from the typical lever-action construction they are known for. Besides the lack of a cocking lever, this rifle has no visible screws. It’s held together by rivets., "This model was made for younger children, but the advantage of using the whole butt as a cocking lever means it can be powerful. And it is! these little guns shot well over 300fps, this one averaging 340fps. A small powerful gun that's accurate for five and six year old kids. What would moms say today?

View attachment 362581
Thanks for sharing the info. Always interested. Crow

HW45 again. Zeroed quickly. I put 120 pellets or so through it today. RD didn’t move nor did the Pic rail screw loosen. Recoil stop didn’t move but the screws loosened a little. If they do it again I’ll use a small dab of Loctite. Getting a handle on this gun. Small change in finger placement on trigger made a huge difference.

Reactions: Zut
So I got a Benjamin Prowler synthetic scope combo in 22 cal. Was a discount code involved that prompted me, like a woman shopping for shoes she doesn't need. So I get involved cleaning barrel, putting the 'bearing mod' on the trigger, slight polishing with Flitz in the barrel and then mounting the scope. Got a baseline 715 fps with Crosman 14.3 in .22 cal. Now I just need to run about 400 rounds down it to settle things down. Maybe less if groups tighten up and after that I will see if fps is still good and replace Center point 4x32 scope. I think Parallax is like 50 yards maybe more... Seriously Benjamin, set fixed power scopes at 30 yards or less for break barrels. Of course with all break barrels, the 'hold' is the most important thing and this one seems to let on that it will be consistant with the right hold. One other thing, Crosman 14.3's are about 30 fps faster than the JSB's in same weight. Didn't try other pellets as I was just plinking and getting a feel for it's tendencies.
20230608_090957.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: crowski and Frogy
So I got a Benjamin Prowler synthetic scope combo in 22 cal. Was a discount code involved that prompted me, like a woman shopping for shoes she doesn't need. So I get involved cleaning barrel, putting the 'bearing mod' on the trigger, slight polishing with Flitz in the barrel and then mounting the scope. Got a baseline 715 fps with Crosman 14.3 in .22 cal. Now I just need to run about 400 rounds down it to settle things down. Maybe less if groups tighten up and after that I will see if fps is still good and replace Center point 4x32 scope. I think Parallax is like 50 yards maybe more... Seriously Benjamin, set fixed power scopes at 30 yards or less for break barrels. Of course with all break barrels, the 'hold' is the most important thing and this one seems to let on that it will be consistant with the right hold. One other thing, Crosman 14.3's are about 30 fps faster than the JSB's in same weight. Didn't try other pellets as I was just plinking and getting a feel for it's tendencies.
Enjoy your new rifle. Crow pic?
I dug a bed out and planted a tree and shrub. A Corkscrew willow and a san jose osmanthus. Just in case your wondering. Definitely didn't feel like cocking springers. Shot the QB78 .22 instead. View attachment 362853View attachment 362852

In the last 3 weeks I planted 25 trees. I wish I had soil like you. Mostly rock here. Nightmare.
IMG_5858.jpeg
This is on the other side of my range. That rock to right of house, 6 tons, took me 2 hrs to drag it 150 ft. from down by shore. These are spruce trees and Hostas.

Reactions: Frogy and holo07
Enjoy your new rifle. Crow pic?

In the last 3 weeks I planted 25 trees. I wish I had soil like you. Mostly rock here. Nightmare. View attachment 362899This is on the other side of my range. That rock to right of house, 6 tons, took me 2 hrs to drag it 150 ft. from down by shore. These are spruce trees and Hostas.
Have several 150ft Douglas firs on my place. There was a 200ft one were those trees I planted today. We took it down last September.
20230607_190122.jpg
20230607_190127.jpg

Only had time for 1 rifle and a sweet rifle it is a HW77 .22 long. Really enjoy shooting this masterpiece. It can’t get much better.
IMG_5861.jpeg
I finished off my mascot the Calvary on a horse with mulch and birch trees. The horse is actually a Fredrick Remington. I down sized had nowhere to put it, 5 ft. high. Working my way to the range which is due for a change. Crow

Reactions: Frogy and holo07
My arms hurt so much from cocking my B3 that I could only shoot this today:
Tau-7_1998_Left-Side.jpg

When I bough it from my friend Steve I thought I was getting the pistol equivalent of the B3, but it's a real shooter, and after 25 years in storage all it needed was a few cheap O-rings. I adjusted it to give 40 good shots on a CO2 powerlet, and it's quite a powerhouse at that level. Nothing bad to say about it... Ridiculously easy to take to pieces and put back together. Shoots with consistent velocity. Just a great pistol!
Oh, right... Forgot to i.d. it... It's a Tau-7!