• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

HW 57.22. I got the gun last week and my Anschutz diopter sight came in last night, so got it mounted and zeroed today. Top shot was a flyer on me, I called it.

IMG_0373.jpg

Nice shooting. The Diopter sights really tighten your groups. I think I would like to try them. Crow
Absolutly, that little rifle has a fixed post type front sight so I cannot change it to globe type which would be even more accurate. You can use a double diopter, the front being a metal circle or piece of plastic with a hole in the center so you center your target in that diopter while sighting through the rear diopeter, extremely accurate. I have somewhere an old target made for handguns with post and notch sights, looks like an upside blade with notch which should be more accurate than a simple 6 o'clock hold on a round circle. I'm going to try and find it and make a few copies to try out. Even at almost 77 years old I am liking my diopters better than scopes, makes for a much lighter and handier rifle for shooting at any position other than off a bench. Right now with ten rifles half are scoped the other half diopters and planning to change one scoped one to a diopter as soon as the sight comes in from overseas.

Reactions: crowski
Absolutly, that little rifle has a fixed post type front sight so I cannot change it to globe type which would be even more accurate. You can use a double diopter, the front being a metal circle or piece of plastic with a hole in the center so you center your target in that diopter while sighting through the rear diopeter, extremely accurate. I have somewhere an old target made for handguns with post and notch sights, looks like an upside blade with notch which should be more accurate than a simple 6 o'clock hold on a round circle. I'm going to try and find it and make a few copies to try out. Even at almost 77 years old I am liking my diopters better than scopes, makes for a much lighter and handier rifle for shooting at any position other than off a bench. Right now with ten rifles half are scoped the other half diopters and planning to change one scoped one to a diopter as soon as the sight comes in from overseas.
Well you got the juices going again. I have one gun with Diopter sights a FBW 300S. When I got it last summer it needed servicing. I bought several Weihrauch’s at same time, overwhelming. And unfortunately I have a massive personal project 4 years old, so pay no attention to the 300. I will get to it, unfortunately life’s a blur. Can’t believe Aug. is gone. I’ve only been into Airgun’s 3 years and most my time is trying to finish this project, then shooting, then reading here. Trying to learn. I’ve been buying accessories but no Diopters, which are the best looking rifles IMO. I have a Diana K98 Mauser will be the first. Probably won’t be the last. Looking forward, thanks. Crow

Nice rifle. I love the looks of a big honking scope like you have. I wouldn’t get my fingers in there to load. I have a hard time with no scope with .177, .22 not so bad.
Do you have any problem loading?
Crow
I have switched a few things up in the last week. The Zan 10 slugs do better at 100 in the wind.

Reactions: crowski
Hw 77 with iron sights, hw 50. After buying my first high-quality springer (Hw77) two months ago, I have not touched either of my PCPs. I’ve since bought an HW 50 and a HW 80, kind of wish I would’ve got into springers before I spent all that money on PCP’s and refilling equipment. I love shooting Springers, shoot them every day

My TX200 (.22) and R7 (.177), both at 50 yards at my local club.
Starting to enjoy these more than my PCP, my next acquisition an R9 in .177. Price at PA went up $60 overnight???

Oh well
This evening I was shooting my HW95 .177 with pin point accuracy. Always a challenge with the Springers. Just grab and go. I just recently got a R9 in .20 calibre I have to say that gun impressed me more than any other gun out of the box. Crow

Hw 77 with iron sights, hw 50. After buying my first high-quality springer (Hw77) two months ago, I have not touched either of my PCPs. I’ve since bought an HW 50 and a HW 80, kind of wish I would’ve got into springers before I spent all that money on PCP’s and refilling equipment. I love shooting Springers, shoot them every day
My first was a PCP, 3 1/2 years ago Got a springer it was all over. Still have the PCP, never shoot it. Scored 30 Weihrauch springers and a few Air Arms.
You need a 30 and a 95-R9 IMO. Good luck. Crow

...best and worst from the late '50's early '60's? Anschutz 220, and Falke 40. Falke a copy of an early Diana, poor sights, a "boys rifle", hard to know how accurate with the sights, only a rifled brass tube enclosed in a pressed steel barrel cover, horrible trigger but maybe best for a child?..OK to shoot it a few times then go back to the 220!..

L1008968.jpg