• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Played around with a FWB 300s. “The Dumpster” it’s name.
9335317A-68CA-4718-8C1A-C5FA251DDD96.jpeg
Stock is beat but shoots great. What a trigger. Crow

Sorry guys. It was just to nice today to shoot a springer. 71° today. The warmest day in months. So instead I had to shoot one of my co2 guns. The closest I'll ever come to a PCP. Had one, ended up never used. Sold it. They are not for me. It's going to be nice until Sunday. Then back in the 60°s so its co2 for the next few days. Maybe my Crosman 1100 Thursday 😁
20230426_154358~2.jpg
20230426_154215.jpg

So back to what I shot. This Artemis CR600W .177 off hand at my cast irons. Mostly the smaller one.

Sorry guys. It was just to nice today to shoot a springer. 71° today. The warmest day in months. So instead I had to shoot one of my co2 guns. The closest I'll ever come to a PCP. Had one, ended up never used. Sold it. They are not for me. It's going to be nice until Sunday. Then back in the 60°s so its co2 for the next few days. Maybe my Crosman 1100 Thursday 😁View attachment 351525View attachment 351526

So back to what I shot. This Artemis CR600W .177 off hand at my cast irons. Mostly the smaller one.
Septicdeath is that a very bad case of termites or pelletmite damage?
Gary

Well work is kicking my ass But did manage the Hw97 177 yesterday. What great fun a Quality springer is
I don’t think there is such a thing as a bad 97. Crow
shot a few in the HW30 , gained 40 FPS putting a little oil into the leather seal, but only been a few hours , ill see tomorrow after sitting overnight .
How often do you oil the leather seal? Crow
Sorry guys. It was just to nice today to shoot a springer. 71° today. The warmest day in months. So instead I had to shoot one of my co2 guns. The closest I'll ever come to a PCP. Had one, ended up never used. Sold it. They are not for me. It's going to be nice until Sunday. Then back in the 60°s so its co2 for the next few days. Maybe my Crosman 1100 Thursday 😁View attachment 351525View attachment 351526

Can’t wait for that weather. Crow
Yes, there are squirrels but they haven't caused any problems so we don't shoot them.
Sorry, you’re lucky man. They got into 2 of my homes. Almost burnt one down. Crow

Had the 124 Sport out. Precision drips from this rifle. View attachment 351574The gun likes accuracy. My trigger seems tight. Crow
How often do you oil the leather seal? Crow just got the HW30 , first leather seal i know of and not sure it is leather , gun looks untouched but was shooting 420 FPS so i put very few drops down the port few houes later shot 470 FPS so two more drops and sit overnight , see what happens today

Reactions: crowski
How often do you oil the leather seal? Crow just got the HW30 , first leather seal i know of and not sure it is leather , gun looks untouched but was shooting 420 FPS so i put very few drops down the port few houes later shot 470 FPS so two more drops and sit overnight , see what happens today
What pellets? Most of the new 30 seem to like the JSB/AA 7.33. My leather sealed Winnie 435 does as well.

No telling how much oil the leather will absorb to saturate it to soften it up depending ng on how dry it was allowed to get. I think thats somthing id want to take down and eyeball . Youd also want to inspect the tube for any scaring of the seal been cocked alot dry and gritty.

Last edited:
I was asking because yesterday I brought out —- I don’t remember it’s name.View attachment 351587Every thing seems to work mechanically. And when cocking I can feel pressure. When I pull the trigger, it just clicks, no release of air. Any idea?
Crow
Man, I don’t know anything about that trigger but it sounds like either it’s not releasing the sear or the sear isn’t moving when it does. Hopefully MDriskill and that gang know. Might do a post asking for info. He helped me with my Winnie trigger.

Reactions: crowski