What springer did you shoot today?

Well after the chores and some rest. I put up my target stands. It was already dusk so I waited untill around 10 pm. ( I have some spot-lights on my dingers at 25 and 35 yards. (in case I get the urge after work,,u see I work 2nd shift. I've been enjoying this HW 50 in .177 cal I got from Krale. It has the best trigger in my collection. It likes the H&N FTT 4.50. This is the epitome of a spring 17 cal air rifle.Weihrauch nailed it,PERIOD! echo,echo,echo,,lol

Well after the chores and some rest. I put up my target stands. It was already dusk so I waited untill around 10 pm. ( I have some spot-lights on my dingers at 25 and 35 yards. (in case I get the urge after work,,u see I work 2nd shift. I've been enjoying this HW 50 in .177 cal I got from Krale. It has the best trigger in my collection. It likes the H&N FTT 4.50. This is the epitome of a spring 17 cal air rifle.Weihrauch nailed it,PERIOD! echo,echo,echo,,lol
Sweet. I really enjoy nite shooting. Our nites are getting into the 50’s, enough to wipe out the bugs. I agree,the HW50 is an awesome gun. Crow

How old is the Theoben?
Sweet rifles. Crow
Best i can tell by the serial number it's from 2007/08! Not much info out there anymore on dating these rifles. I've had several Theoben's through the years and this is the only one I've kept. It absolutely loves 10.3 JSBs at around 12.5fpe. played with the power level and found this to be the sweet spot for this gun!
James from Michigan

IMG_0146.JPG

HW97+Optika6 3-18 plinking steel at 45 meters in a light breeze. I'm ready for some colder weather to get some sparrows back in town. I also have an HW50 that I want to marry with a Leupold 3-9 EFR for a more manageable walking combo. While I love the HW97+Optika6 combo it's pretty heavy at 12+ pounds! Its great for sniping but not what I want for squirrel hunting in the woods.

View attachment 285954
HW97+Optika6 3-18 plinking steel at 45 meters in a light breeze. I'm ready for some colder weather to get some sparrows back in town. I also have an HW50 that I want to marry with a Leupold 3-9 EFR for a more manageable walking combo. While I love the HW97+Optika6 combo it's pretty heavy at 12+ pounds! Its great for sniping but not what I want for squirrel hunting in the woods.
What is that scope base you have on there???
Haven't ever seen anything like that for dovetail.

Reactions: peaceful_ruler
Let me tell you 1 inch off hand at 30 is not too shabby. I don’t think I could do that, I have a Pro Sport out I’ll try later. The 200 ‘s are sweet. Crow
That is not consistent. After I get fatigued, the groups open way up. This gun is HEAVY. Especially with my SwampFox 6x24 mounted on top.

View attachment 285954
Peaceful-ruler that’s a great gun. I’ve whacked Nutters with mine. Have the 97kt, the wood stock is identical to the Black line.
I took a 90 into the woods twice, first and last time. 50 gets my vote. Good luck Crow

I spent some quality time with my week old hw30. I'm getting more attached to it with each outing!

I should be beat with a stick for waiting so long to get a quality springer....

Best regards, Flintlock.
I’m kinda the same. My buddy that got me into Air guns said any thing smaller than a HW77 was junk. That’s what I believed till I got on this forum, He’s wrong, and he still believes that, can’t change his opinion.
Every time I shoot the 30, 35e or 50 I’m amazed at their precision and reliability and ease of use Crow

What is that scope base you have on there???
Haven't ever seen anything like that for dovetail.
It's a customized Leupold QR scope base that I had a gunsmith install for me. He even milled it to give me a little built in elevation. It wasn't cheap but I love that I can remove/reinstall the scope easily. Leupold guarantee's 1/2 MOA repeatability and from what I've seen it's every bit that consistent. It's also nice in that I can quickly swap out different scopes for difference scenarios and/or loads.

Reactions: crowski
This weekend I shot the HW30 in .177, the HW50 in .22 and the HW95 in .20. The weather was perfect. Calm winds the first three hours each day, perfect for the HW30 and the HW50. There were many cans and spinners turned to fodder.

One trick I have figured out is placing one can inside another makes for a very durable target when hung up with some paracord. Also it is really fun to knock all the paint off of a spinner. It gets really hard with a springer but fun as hell.

Reactions: bf1956 and crowski