What springer did you shoot today?

HW97 Shooting some beer cans...
IMG_20220826_165308.jpg

HW 35e with an Anschutz diopter sight. I got the sight in from Bear-of-Grayling today, great sight, Even though we are having a "cool" spell for this time of year, temp only 90 with 65% humidity, it was still uncomfortable out today. I was getting sub dime size groups at 20 yards and walked the group over to center fairly quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: crowski
well. shoot. or no shoot i guess lol

started out so well, 1st 10 a good warm up... suddenly shots wander.
with the diana 350mag, it's almost always a screw loose. went to go tighten-up, and i guess i'm a nut short.
View attachment 285531
can't find it anywhere, even went over the area with a magnet. oh well, i needed to address that issue better anyway, and new bolts is probably the answer. it never has held more than oh, 50 shots before loosening up again. and i've tried all the fixes i've found. anyway, that's another thread.

so, guess it's on the wall, and i'm back to my 2nd best shooter today, a daisy. does that count as a springer?
View attachment 285532
Sure we’ll call it a relief rifle. Crow

HW 35e with an Anschutz diopter sight. I got the sight in from Bear-of-Grayling today, great sight, Even though we are having a "cool" spell for this time of year, temp only 90 with 65% humidity, it was still uncomfortable out today. I was getting sub dime size groups at 20 yards and walked the group over to center fairly quickly.
Nothing wrong with the 35e. Nice shooting.
‘That’s dirty hot. 71 deg. here now and no rain finally. Enjoy Crow

Reactions: Fixedflinger
Today I had an absolute blast shooting my new "to me" Air Venturi TR5!
20220827_190558.jpg

This is a "cheap" gun but still completely impressed me for what it is. To the best of my knowledge this is a modified Baikal MP 61, and it's loaded with features. It is a fixed barrel side lever 5 shot repeater with auto indexing magazine which makes it to fun to set down. Also adjustable trigger, adjustable butt pad, adjustable pull length. It's light and small but still surprisingly accurate, super easy to cock.
20220827_191048.jpg
20220827_190926.jpg
I'm considering messing with the spring on this gun even though I'm sure it's hitting the rated 500 fps I just wish it had a little more power behind it. The other downside is that there are a LOT of moving parts and the stock has a very loose feeling to it.

Reactions: Fixedflinger
Today I had an absolute blast shooting my new "to me" Air Venturi TR5!
View attachment 285834
This is a "cheap" gun but still completely impressed me for what it is. To the best of my knowledge this is a modified Baikal MP 61, and it's loaded with features. It is a fixed barrel side lever 5 shot repeater with auto indexing magazine which makes it to fun to set down. Also adjustable trigger, adjustable butt pad, adjustable pull length. It's light and small but still surprisingly accurate, super easy to cock.
View attachment 285835
View attachment 285836
I'm considering messing with the spring on this gun even though I'm sure it's hitting the rated 500 fps I just wish it had a little more power behind it. The other downside is that there are a LOT of moving parts and the stock has a very loose feeling to it.
I’m not familiar with that rifle, looks like a blast, enjoy. Crow