• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

This afternoon I finished putting a Vortek spring in the HW50. Damn cold outside 10 F., had to shoot the 50 and the 98 that got the spring yesterday. Both .177.
Right away the sound is nite and day. So much cleaner. Shot 20 rounds each.
8D6F1D8F-C49A-44C4-A15E-D08421F87BE9.jpeg

So far I happy with the results on the changes. Crow

Reactions: Vincent10
This afternoon I finished putting a Vortek spring in the HW50. Damn cold outside 10 F., had to shoot the 50 and the 98 that got the spring yesterday. Both .177.
Right away the sound is nite and day. So much cleaner. Shot 20 rounds each. View attachment 329618
So far I happy with the results on the changes. Crow
Yesterday I tried my 98 with a short stroke delrin spacer. I didn't notice much difference on target. I prefer the shot cycle without it and removed it later. The ARH UK kit at 12fpe with Krytox seems to work well enough without it.
As for the 97, I used moly and it's short stroked. So far it's working out well and I haven't noticed a change in accuracy even in 20-32 degrees. The best group at 50 yds was just over .75" with FTT.

20230204_155906.jpg

Reactions: crowski
Yesterday I tried my 98 with a short stroke delrin spacer. I didn't notice much difference on target. I prefer the shot cycle without it and removed it later. The ARH UK kit at 12fpe with Krytox seems to work well enough without it.
As for the 97, I used moly and it's short stroked. So far it's working out well and I haven't noticed a change in accuracy even in 20-32 degrees. The best group at 50 yds was just over .75" with FTT.

View attachment 329635
Nice guns. Both are smokin, and awesome shooting.
I‘ve been trying different grease and quantities and keeping track. This is really enjoyable. Crow

Okay guys. Go ahead and make fun of me. ShotView attachment 329363 an old timer at a tin can from my back door.
My neighbor friend had one of those an I had another model can’t remember model but on both models you unscrew ed the barrel loaded the spring loaded barrel part then screwed it back in . Used to buy bee bees in the cardboard pint milk cartons at K mart

Chopped Huntington beach R9 .20 by Steve @ Pomona Airguns. I gave up awhile back because I couldn't get any decent grouping. Recently read that some have good results with H&N. Low and behold I had some and dusted the R9 with the Clearridge scope off and did some sighters. Wow it was spot on, truly made my day. Will post a pic soon, stay tuned!

20230126_132330.jpg

Beautiful weather this weekend, got to shoot a little Sunday. It was -42 degrees when Kim’s mom left Moncton on Saturday. Was 62 here when we picked her up, 76 yesterday. She won that trade! Put 2240 carbine build on the chrono and adjusted the power level and sighted in. Hammer spring adjuster is 7 turns out and making the same power, just a lot more shots! It’s a shooter. These are fun little guns. Diana 52 Luxus next. I’ve struggled with this gun. Not terrible but not where I thought I could be. Set up at 25 yards and finally got it right yesterday. Squared up everything I shot it at yesterday, including two .22 holes in our backstop that I used as sighters. Great feeling when you finally figure a gun out.

89266E26-23C6-4EBC-BB9B-5681E852C460.jpeg

EE197EFC-7E7D-46D8-8703-C8F5FD3D9C82.jpeg

Beautiful weather this weekend, got to shoot a little Sunday. It was -42 degrees when Kim’s mom left Moncton on Saturday. Was 62 here when we picked her up, 76 yesterday. She won that trade! Put 2240 carbine build on the chrono and adjusted the power level and sighted in. Hammer spring adjuster is 7 turns out and making the same power, just a lot more shots! It’s a shooter. These are fun little guns. Diana 52 Luxus next. I’ve struggled with this gun. Not terrible but not where I thought I could be. Set up at 25 yards and finally got it right yesterday. Squared up everything I shot it at yesterday, including two .22 holes in our backstop that I used as sighters. Great feeling when you finally figure a gun out.

View attachment 330074

View attachment 330075
Not going to happen soon enough here for 70 deg. weather. Cold snap is gone.
Not familiar with PCP’s. The 52 can throw lead. Crow

Tell me I don’t need help. 28 F. 8:30 am I’m on the range, not even a coffee yet. Last nite I put my last spring set in my HW50 black .177, couldn’t wait.
5F1EA10B-107A-402A-8E8C-B4CF71FE8AA6.jpeg
I got a dozen rounds off and came inside with a big smile. This is the 3rd HW50 I put a Vortek kit in. The sound difference is nite and day. This afternoon I will crony 5 rifles to see the results. Crow

Reactions: bf1956 and r1lover
Old pictures y'all have seen before, but here are the two I shot a short range silhouette match with yesterday. Alternating guns between relays was fun but the difference between trigger squeezes meant I had to pay extra attention to what I was doing. They both have Rekord triggers but 55's have more finely tuned triggers for match shooting than other HW's.

The 35 is a new-to-me Motorhead tuned gun and this is the first time I put any meaningful trigger time in with it. Man, he did a great job!!!! All my break barrels are HW's and this gun with a mild tune is clearly the nicest to cock and shoot. It's easily going to be my favorite all-around spring gun. Now if I can just refrain from buying another one to tune and scope, lol!

IMG_2497.JPG

55 GTA size.jpg

Reactions: crowski and bf1956
Old pictures y'all have seen before, but here are the two I shot a short range silhouette match with yesterday. Alternating guns between relays was fun but the difference between trigger squeezes meant I had to pay extra attention to what I was doing. They both have Rekord triggers but 55's have more finely tuned triggers for match shooting than other HW's.

The 35 is a new-to-me Motorhead tuned gun and this is the first time I put any meaningful trigger time in with it. Man, he did a great job!!!! All my break barrels are HW's and this gun with a mild tune is clearly the nicest to cock and shoot. It's easily going to be my favorite all-around spring gun. Now if I can just refrain from buying another one to tune and scope, lol!

View attachment 330085

View attachment 330086
Old pictures are the best. How can you not like a 55? Very nice. As well your 35 looks great. Love the sights.
My 35’s get better every time I shoot them. Thanks for sharing. Crow
Septicdeath said:
Okay guys. Go ahead and make fun of me. ShotView attachment 329363 an old timer at a tin can from my back door.

this is the rifle i grew up with. might replace it at the next air gun show .
I‘d like to find the gun I had as a kid. Crow

Crowski, you definitely need help LOL. I shot in 35 Deb windy weather a few days ago and it reminded why I live in Texas! Hope the warm weather gets there soon. And that gun is CO2, not PCP. Crosman 2240XL. About 6.5-7 FPE depending on weather. Lot of variations on those pistols, all accurate and a lot of fun. Yeah, that was a good feeling with the Diana 52. Gun was capable, just had to get the operator error out the way.

R1lover, that 55 Tyro is a work of art. Drooling.

Went out to crony a few guns that just got a Vortek spring, last few days.
D8660BF8-8782-4613-830B-94BDB8262F78.jpeg

HW98 .177, HW50 black .177, HW98 .22, TX200 Hunter .22 and a HW50 .177. I cronied all but the TX which slipped in by mistake.
‘The two 50’s, odd change. Both were before spring change at 780 fps. Same gun same age same caliber and same spring kit.
The black cronied to average 800 fps. the wood 770 fps. Super accurate and great sound.
The 98 .177 has turned into a crowd pleaser.
37AA14CF-F7E3-4D3A-960E-B89BB77F5053.jpeg

It’s the next thing to magic. Crow

2/6/23
today was 55 and slight breeze Shot a TX200 first till my fingers got somewhat cold to deal with the loading port , then i switched to Hw 35 for a while , moved on to FWB600 peep sights and lastly Daystate Pulsar what a wonderful day this was .
I think cool but nice weather next few days YIPPIE!!

Went out to crony a few guns that just got a Vortek spring, last few days. View attachment 330158
HW98 .177, HW50 black .177, HW98 .22, TX200 Hunter .22 and a HW50 .177. I cronied all but the TX which slipped in by mistake.
‘The two 50’s, odd change. Both were before spring change at 780 fps. Same gun same age same caliber and same spring kit.
The black cronied to average 800 fps. the wood 770 fps. Super accurate and great sound.
The 98 .177 has turned into a crowd pleaser.View attachment 330159
It’s the next thing to magic. Crow
Where did you set that .177 98 up at power wise?

The best thing I did with mine was a 12 ft. Lb. Vortek kit, and it WAS like magic. Such a great platform for a break barrel springer!

Reactions: crowski
2/6/23
today was 55 and slight breeze Shot a TX200 first till my fingers got somewhat cold to deal with the loading port , then i switched to Hw 35 for a while , moved on to FWB600 peep sights and lastly Daystate Pulsar what a wonderful day this was .
I think cool but nice weather next few days YIPPIE!!

I would kill for 55.
I only lost 1 finger tip to frostbite today. Nice guns, enjoy. Crow
Where did you set that .177 98 up at power wise?

The best thing I did with mine was a 12 ft. Lb. Vortek kit, and it WAS like magic. Such a great platform for a break barrel springer!
No change in speed, 10 shots between 883-888. My 98 .22 was one of my most accurate now the .177 really tightened up. This week I hope to scoop a few 12 ft. Lb kits. Got to like the 98’s. Crow

Temperatures just above freezing but raw. Got a pleasure shoot in with these. Pro Sport .22, HW97 .20, HW97 Black .22, HW77 .25 and a HW80 .177.
BA9BD1E5-AAD0-40F4-8A2F-B1AEF7EE5FCB.jpeg

Destroyed cans with the 77 .25, big holes with accuracy. Both 97’s were dead on as well the 80.
‘The Pro Sport has totally amazed me.
CC04D825-E2CE-4EB2-959B-66C7455F801F.jpeg

‘This gun sounds so much better than before the Vortek. Don’t get enough time with this rifle. Crow

Reactions: r1lover