• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Finally got some decent weather but still windy. Took out 2 gems a 98 .177 just put an Element scope and did an internal cleaning and regreasing. And a 77k .25
98EEF9A2-A854-4D02-B249-DB3D23EF9AA8.jpeg

‘After sighting in the 98 I was blasting snow balls in trees 50-60 yds. away.
The 77 is one of my favorites to shoot on the range. What an accurate gun. It destroys cans and wreaks havoc on the spinners. Such a deadly springer for 20-40 yds. Crow

I shoot mine Weihrauch HW77k .22 regulary.
It is the older version with the old shaft.
That one is better for shooting with open sight. Never put an optic on it.View attachment 327301
Boy, that’s a beauty. Color me green. Makes me wonder why they don’t makes stocks like that now. If you ever decide that gun is in your way be sure to let me know ;)

Took these three out this afternoon. HW95 .22, HW97KL .20 and a HW80 .25.
84AB9A8E-1105-474F-A35C-7D5A2E015A4C.jpeg

The 80 just received a Vortek spring and piston. What a difference. Totally impressed. The only negative is jacking it, it’s stronger. It’s my only rifle with its sound so muffled. Accuracy, my first shot, through the bulls eye, 30 yds.
The 97 I was hitting the 50 to 65 yd. targets easily. But lots of spring noise. I’ll try and tear it down tonight or tomorrow.
The 95 did exactly what it’s known to do. Put a smile on your face. Crow

Reactions: SgtOutlaw76
Nothing yesterday or today, and probably not most of the week. It has been raining, light to moderately heavy, probably about 3" so far, the ground is mushy soft, so saturated that I do not want to go out a place a target.
We’re getting pounded with snow again. This is from my back door.
CAE569F3-08E0-48D6-B359-ECA033A1E9EE.jpeg

The snow in the trees beyond my range give me 50-65 yd. targets. I go for squirrel size. Either puts a hole in it or it explodes. Crow

Just came in from shooting. Cold windy and snowing.
Yesterday I was shooting my HW97 .20 with a spring buzz. Last nite I disassembled it, cleaned it this morning. It was shooting like a dream, had a Vortek spring kit sitting there but no piston seal. What the hell. Put the Vortek in and reassembled. I know a lot of members say wait till you need it. Well, I’ll be dead.
I am so glad I put the Vortek in. Night and day difference on sound. I have a few piston seals on their way shortly and I’ll drop one in when they come.
4DBA7A98-75D0-45AD-B4A6-1A7ACBD45F1D.jpeg

It doesn’t mind the cold either. This gun is capable of anything you ask. Crow

Yesterday I was shooting my HW97 .20 with a spring buzz. Last nite I disassembled it, cleaned it this morning. It was shooting like a dream, had a Vortek spring kit sitting there but no piston seal. What the hell. Put the Vortek in and reassembled. I know a lot of members say wait till you need it. Well, I’ll be dead.
I am so glad I put the Vortek in. Night and day difference on sound. I have a few piston seals on their way shortly and I’ll drop one in when they come.
I bet you've gotten really good at breaking those guns down and putting them back together.

It’s 93.2 F and a bit muggy and it’s only 9.00 am in Aus. We are going out to a dam camping and hopefully catch some Redclaw and Bass for the next few days. Also put a couple of pool noodles in to float around on. So when I finished packing the car and boat I sent a few out of my LGV Challenger. Beautiful shot cycle.
Gary
F880D179-06FC-4F76-ADD1-C186E3739370.jpeg
2A84E0DA-0A6B-4F00-BCAF-32138932722B.jpeg

Been raining off and on here all weekend but not like they’re getting a little farther north. Pulled the Winchester 435 apart again and went back through the ball sear trigger with a fine tooth comb. Put about 25 shots through it standing in the garage. Trigger issue seems to be fixed, fingers crossed. Really nice shooting little gun. HW30 on steroids.

Reactions: crowski
It’s 93.2 F and a bit muggy and it’s only 9.00 am in Aus. We are going out to a dam camping and hopefully catch some Redclaw and Bass for the next few days. Also put a couple of pool noodles in to float around on. So when I finished packing the car and boat I sent a few out of my LGV Challenger. Beautiful shot cycle.
GaryView attachment 327862View attachment 327863
Those look good, purge them, some spices, corn and potatoes and so good.

I am so glad I put the Vortek in. Night and day difference on sound. I have a few piston seals on their way shortly and I’ll drop one in when they come. View attachment 327764
If I could find a place out of the wind to shoot from, I would not mind shooting in snow. Years ago and a lot more foolish, while I was in college, a friend and I went to the local range to shoot our centerfire rifles, cold, windy and sleeting, The range office was huddled in his shed with his helper and a small heater, and said for us to go to it. That was almost 60 years ago, don't think I would want to do it now. We did run a shot clinic for Covid vaccines a couple of years ago when we were recovering from a snow/ice storm. I do not remember the temperature that day, but sometime that week we got to 6 below F, very unusual for E. Texas. We had a spot where the sun was shining in and protected from the breeze, so not bad.

I am so glad I put the Vortek in. Night and day difference on sound. I have a few piston seals on their way shortly and I’ll drop one in when they come. View attachment 327764
That rifle is gorgeous and in my fave .20!!! I always regret selling my 97 but the prosport you encouraged me to buy should make a nice substitute. If I ever see a laminate 97 I may end up being weak and purchasing. Beautiful property BTW

GaryView attachment 327862View attachment 327863
Nice. Have a safe trip. Crow
Been raining off and on here all weekend but not like they’re getting a little farther north. Pulled the Winchester 435 apart again and went back through the ball sear trigger with a fine tooth comb. Put about 25 shots through it standing in the garage. Trigger issue seems to be fixed, fingers crossed. Really nice shooting little gun. HW30 on steroids.
Not familiar with the Winchester’s. Enjoy Crow
If I could find a place out of the wind to shoot from, I would not mind shooting in snow. Years ago and a lot more foolish, while I was in college, a friend and I went to the local range to shoot our centerfire rifles, cold, windy and sleeting, The range office was huddled in his shed with his helper and a small heater, and said for us to go to it. That was almost 60 years ago, don't think I would want to do it now. We did run a shot clinic for Covid vaccines a couple of years ago when we were recovering from a snow/ice storm. I do not remember the temperature that day, but sometime that week we got to 6 below F, very unusual for E. Texas. We had a spot where the sun was shining in and protected from the breeze, so not bad.
I can take the cold without the wind. I have a blind right beside me, it ties to the floor, as wide as my porch. I use for the sun in the summer and wind in the winter. Makes a huge difference. My back door is 15 ft. from my table so heats not far away. I love shooting with snow as a backdrop. Crow
That rifle is gorgeous and in my fave .20!!! I always regret selling my 97 but the prosport you encouraged me to buy should make a nice substitute. If I ever see a laminate 97 I may end up being weak and purchasing. Beautiful property BTW

Thanks.
Did you get it yet? That’s a gorgeous rifle.
And I’ve got really good news for you. D&L has a 97 kl .25. Big brother to the .20. It’s at the end of the second page. Old pricing as well. I know most say they are loopy, and they are. They’re still deadly accurate on my range to 45 yds. Very predictable. In .25 I have a 77 shot yesterday. Leathal on cans. A 80k, 90 and a 97kt. The 90 gets no time yet but the rest are a blast. Crow

Nice. Have a safe trip. Crow

Not familiar with the Winchester’s. Enjoy Crow

I can take the cold without the wind. I have a blind right beside me, it ties to the floor, as wide as my porch. I use for the sun in the summer and wind in the winter. Makes a huge difference. My back door is 15 ft. from my table so heats not far away. I love shooting with snow as a backdrop. Crow

Thanks.
Did you get it yet? That’s a gorgeous rifle.
And I’ve got really good news for you. D&L has a 97 kl .25. Big brother to the .20. It’s at the end of the second page. Old pricing as well. I know most say they are loopy, and they are. They’re still deadly accurate on my range to 45 yds. Very predictable. In .25 I have a 77 shot yesterday. Leathal on cans. A 80k, 90 and a 97kt. The 90 gets no time yet but the rest are a blast. Crow
Prosport hasnt arrived yet. I broke down and added an R9 that was available to the order as well. I thought I’d go with the sure thing rather than wait to see what might come in this year and at what price. Have the vortek kits and vac seals in transit from vortek. I have some wood in my garage to work out my first spring compressor. Lots of shooting then modding coming my way. Will be a ton of fun to share here as well. Oh and I really enjoy my 90 in 0.20. Great power. I definitely need to get weight lifting to better load all these rifles

Prosport hasnt arrived yet. I broke down and added an R9 that was available to the order as well. I thought I’d go with the sure thing rather than wait to see what might come in this year and at what price. Have the vortek kits and vac seals in transit from vortek. I have some wood in my garage to work out my first spring compressor. Lots of shooting then modding coming my way. Will be a ton of fun to share here as well. Oh and I really enjoy my 90 in 0.20. Great power. I definitely need to get weight lifting to better load all these rifles
Nice, a R9, smart buy. Can’t go wrong.
I scored a HW90 .20 about a year ago, as well the gauge and pump. Never got around to it. This summer I will. Looking forward to trying them out. My shoulder will burn for 2 days after cocking the 90. Enjoy your new toys. Crow

Yes Crow, cold without wind is ok. add the wind and it is a different story. I was called up for Desert Storm back in 91 and went to a contingency hospital in the UK. They said the coldest in 30 years. I would get out and walk in the snow, no problem with proper cloths, then one day the wind hit. A friend who was from up north in Wisconsin got so cold he was disoriented so we literally had to lead him inside.
Another thing down here is humidity, this morning 32, light drizzel and 90% humidity, no way you can get comfortable in that. Personally I would prefer single to low double digit temperature and very low humidity and no wind. Another problem is one day shorts and t shirt weather the next day cold and humid. just cannot get used to the cold that way.

Yes Crow, cold without wind is ok. add the wind and it is a different story. I was called up for Desert Storm back in 91 and went to a contingency hospital in the UK. They said the coldest in 30 years. I would get out and walk in the snow, no problem with proper cloths, then one day the wind hit. A friend who was from up north in Wisconsin got so cold he was disoriented so we literally had to lead him inside.
Another thing down here is humidity, this morning 32, light drizzel and 90% humidity, no way you can get comfortable in that. Personally I would prefer single to low double digit temperature and very low humidity and no wind. Another problem is one day shorts and t shirt weather the next day cold and humid. just cannot get used to the cold that way.
This is the blind I use to stop the wind. Works fantastic. Had to use it this morning.
3B0EDE1B-631B-4EAD-B6F9-269902041242.jpeg

Crow