• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

View attachment 326076

My new HW45 in .20 Cal. First one I’ve ever had. Why didnt I get one sooner? A LOT of fun. .20 is my favourite calibre. If only more options in .20 including a lighter slug. I guess I can dream
I was going to buy that gun in Dec. Have a Beeman P11 .22, but the .20 had my interest.I told my wife if it’s still there February 1, I’ll put my name on it. Congratulation I’m glad you got it. Crow

Didn’t get out shooting much today. Dirty wind. So I stripped 3 rifles down. I did a HW85 because it was honking when I dis they crony on weekend. I took out these 3
82E421E5-06FA-413C-BAD3-7A6E80979FF2.jpeg

HW50 black .177, HW98 .22 and a HW85 .22. The 50 and 85 got an internal shining in morning. They all performed like it was the last show. The 98 was amazing as usual.
2A23DE56-3799-48EB-AD70-FC0A7F599C9B.jpeg

30 yds. 10 shots, windy. 1st, 5th and 9th shots no net. Love the 98. Crow

F1AF78D6-7D55-4865-A9BD-A13255DC9E24.jpeg

Today I was playing with my Hw80 .177. It has a vortek pg4 high output kit in it. I absolutely love this rifle. I read a debate online somewhere that had the hw90 vs hw80 for the requester to buy. I had a 90 in .20 so I thought I’d get an 80 but add a vortek before the next round of 20% + price increases. Holy sh!t am I glad that I did. These rifles have ignited the young teen in me again. 🤣. Good night

View attachment 326382
Today I was playing with my Hw80 .177. It has a vortek pg4 high output kit in it. I absolutely love this rifle. I read a debate online somewhere that had the hw90 vs hw80 for the requester to buy. I had a 90 in .20 so I thought I’d get an 80 but add a vortek before the next round of 20% + price increases. Holy sh!t am I glad that I did. These rifles have ignited the young teen in me again. 🤣. Good night
Nice rifle! I have both the 90 and 80 and I agree with you, at 50 years old now every shot brings me back to my teenage years….very satisfying! Thumbing through all my old Beeman catalogs makes me feel the same way. Nostalgia is a wonderful thing!

Reactions: Frogy and crowski
Didn’t get out shooting much today. Dirty wind. So I stripped 3 rifles down. I did a HW85 because it was honking when I dis they crony on weekend. I took out these 3 View attachment 326256
HW50 black .177, HW98 .22 and a HW85 .22. The 50 and 85 got an internal shining in morning. They all performed like it was the last show. The 98 was amazing as usual. View attachment 326255
30 yds. 10 shots, windy. 1st, 5th and 9th shots no net. Love the 98. Crow
I’m beginning to wonder if that green building is your gun safe full of the seemingly 100’s of beautiful air rifles you have. Great shooting and always look forward to reading your posts.

Reactions: crowski
Cold, for us southerners, 44 high, 90% humidity and rain all day, a bit over 2" so no shooting for me.
No shooting here, pellet flight is sketchy in 60 mph winds. We were good at house, just straight line wind. Took out old shed that was empty because I was about to take down anyway. I was at office in Energy Corridor, had a short tornado warning. East side of Houston got blasted. Big tornado hit. Flipped over a train at one point. Really unusual for us, probably more than 10 years since we’ve had tornado weather like that.

HW 55 .177 missed the squirrel
He’ll be back. Crow
Cold, for us southerners, 44 high, 90% humidity and rain all day, a bit over 2" so no shooting for me.
And it’s warmer here like never before. Crow
View attachment 326382
Any of the rifles at D&L would be a great deal compared to the next shipment, I think. Smart buy. Crow
I’m beginning to wonder if that green building is your gun safe full of the seemingly 100’s of beautiful air rifles you have. Great shooting and always look forward to reading your posts.
The way things were going I thought I was going to move a wall back. Realistically the buying has slowed down, just past models needed, and don’t know the avenues to get them yet. C Bailey thanks. Crow
No shooting here, pellet flight is sketchy in 60 mph winds. We were good at house, just straight line wind. Took out old shed that was empty because I was about to take down anyway. I was at office in Energy Corridor, had a short tornado warning. East side of Houston got blasted. Big tornado hit. Flipped over a train at one point. Really unusual for us, probably more than 10 years since we’ve had tornado weather like that.
We’ve periodically had freak wind storms and they’re devastating. Crow

I recently bought a brand new HW77K in.177 .
Spent the last 2 weeks going through the "break-in" period with her, trying to figure out its favorite food.
After around 250-ish rounds i believe it is settling in.

Let back the story up a bit, as some of you know my 1st springer was a full tilt, tuned Beeman 97k from Lewis, i have posted a few pics and groups in this thread..

By nature i am the curious type, as my wife can attest to by the room full of PCP guns i have aquired over the years..

Back on track here, wanted to know the difference between a bone stock springer versus a fully tuned gun.. Wow what a difference!
I won't bore all the springer masters with what they already know, but let's just say i personally now know what spring buzz and twang is all about....

I will say this about the now broken in, bone stock, HW77K, it is a Very accurate little gun shooting the JSB 10.34gr pellets.

I bought a Vortek PG4 HO Kit with his piston seal, it is sitting on the shelf waiting to be installed when i'm ready, but for now i will continue to shoot as a stock gun....

Here is a pic of the new gun and a target i just shot this morning in 42 degree weather, 5 shots @ 33 yards, not too damn bad IMO....

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

I recently bought a brand new HW77K in.177 .
Spent the last 2 weeks going through the "break-in" period with her, trying to figure out its favorite food.
After around 250-ish rounds i believe it is settling in.

Let back the story up a bit, as some of you know my 1st springer was a full tilt, tuned Beeman 97k from Lewis, i have posted a few pics and groups in this thread..

By nature i am the curious type, as my wife can attest to by the room full of PCP guns i have aquired over the years..

Back on track here, wanted to know the difference between a bone stock springer versus a fully tuned gun.. Wow what a difference!
I won't bore all the springer masters with what they already know, but let's just say i personally now know what spring buzz and twang is all about....

I will say this about the now broken in, bone stock, HW77K, it is a Very accurate little gun shooting the JSB 10.34gr pellets.

I bought a Vortek PG4 HO Kit with his piston seal, it is sitting on the shelf waiting to be installed when i'm ready, but for now i will continue to shoot as a stock gun....

Here is a pic of the new gun and a target i just shot this morning in 42 degree weather, 5 shots @ 33 yards, not too damn bad IMO....

View attachment 326459

View attachment 326461
Serious rifle and nice shooting. If you have the kit, I would put it in. You can always take it out. It might get better? Enjoy Crow

He’ll be back. Crow

And it’s warmer here like never before. Crow

Any of the rifles at D&L would be a great deal compared to the next shipment, I think. Smart buy. Crow

The way things were going I thought I was going to move a wall back. Realistically the buying has slowed down, just past models needed, and don’t know the avenues to get them yet. C Bailey thanks. Crow

We’ve periodically had freak wind storms and they’re devastating. Crow
Deer Park/Pasadena area tornado was F3. They said it was on the ground for 18 miles. We’ve never had that in this area. Ever. That’s Oklahoma and NE Texas stuff. Devastating. I put about 25 shots through the Hatsan 135 Vortex today. Trying different settings on the red dot. You can’t help but smile when you shoot that hammer.

Deer Park/Pasadena area tornado was F3. They said it was on the ground for 18 miles. We’ve never had that in this area. Ever. That’s Oklahoma and NE Texas stuff. Devastating. I put about 25 shots through the Hatsan 135 Vortex today. Trying different settings on the red dot. You can’t help but smile when you shoot that hammer.
So unfortunate.
I don’t usually shoot my 135 when I do I can pay. Mine is the black model 30 cal. You’re right it’s a cannon. Crow

Chopped Huntington beach R9 .20 by Steve @ Pomona Airguns. I gave up awhile back because I couldn't get any decent grouping. Recently read that some have good results with H&N. Low and behold I had some and dusted the R9 with the Clearridge scope off and did some sighters. Wow it was spot on, truly made my day. Will post a pic soon, stay tuned!

Shot my grey laminate Hw30 today at some new to me score type targets. Trying to keep this interesting at ten yards.

View attachment 327198
Sweet treo. Don’t remember seeing a grey lam. very nice. Really like the muzzle end. Crow
Chopped Huntington beach R9 .20 by Steve @ Pomona Airguns. I gave up awhile back because I couldn't get any decent grouping. Recently read that some have good results with H&N. Lo and behold I had some and dusted the R9 with the Clearridge scope off and did some sighters. Wow it was spot on, truly made my day. Will post a pic soon, stay tuned!
Love to see some pics of your R9. My R9 loves JSB’s 13.73 Enjoy. Crow

Popped out and got about 25 shots with HW35E, just 20 yards standing. Starting to gel with this gun. Cooper the squirrel and the Spinners paid the price. The top target on that dang squirrel plays with my head. Only missed 3 shots and they were all at that. Which is bigger than my smallest spinner, and I didn’t miss the spinner! Gun is super smooth and pellets have a great sound when they hit.

Reactions: crowski
Popped out and got about 25 shots with HW35E, just 20 yards standing. Starting to gel with this gun. Cooper the squirrel and the Spinners paid the price. The top target on that dang squirrel plays with my head. Only missed 3 shots and they were all at that. Which is bigger than my smallest spinner, and I didn’t miss the spinner! Gun is super smooth and pellets have a great sound when they hit.
That’s awesome shooting. The 35 is special. Crow
I shoot mine Weihrauch HW77k .22 regulary.
It is the older version with the old shaft.
That one is better for shooting with open sight. Never put an optic on it.View attachment 327301
Most times when any company changes models, I think they cheapen it some how. It’s evident I was just shooting my 77 .25. Here’s a pic of my stock, no grip cap. And the white layer on but. jewellery
BA82DB76-118E-4D61-825F-DBCA7B46CDE3.jpeg

‘You have to like the older guns. Enjoy the 77. Crow