What springer did you shoot today?

Yesterday was one of the HW95S, the one wearing the scope.

4F2083E1-A17E-4BF3-AD4A-C0CF7E1E5F4C.jpeg

These are what I shot yesterday. 2 HW50 .177 and 1 in .22. A HW97 lam. .177 and a Diana K98 Mouser .22. iron sights.74E3D5C9-8C91-4A3F-ACC6-74795199EF10.jpeg. The rifles never let me down.
This is my 97 at 30 yds. 14 consecutive shots. 4199B98F-26F2-4AC1-B32F-BE31747BD77B.jpeg
Also 3 pistols Beeman P1, P11 and a HW70. 89FEE634-9E6C-47FD-923F-F2FF7BCE5CD7.jpeg
I have a high respect for anyone that can shoot a pistol accurately. Crow

yesterday's rotation... (diana 350mag)
View attachment 284273

day before... (hatsan m95)
View attachment 284274

and tomorrow's (now today, it's almost 3am) plan... gamo frankenstein i made.
View attachment 284275
need to figure which ammo (and how much practice lol) is gonna tighten that group up.

weather hasn't been great, but early mornings are still nice.
I do the same by changing rifles daily. Usually 2 rifles first half day 2 more second half.
I envy your skill to Frankenstein. Going to be another shooting day, it’s poring. Crow

decided to try the D350 again. gotta tighten that group up. my ammo choices are kinda low at the moment. :(

speaking of tight, i sure hate tightening up those stock screws every 50-shots. i need to revisit finding a solution to that. cleaning & blue locktite hasn't helped.

anyway, 65F out and calm winds, gonna take advantage of it. another 100-degree week expected. kinda puts a kink in my style. :)

d350ammotestaug2021a.jpg

I’m not familiar with the Crosman or the Diana but the 98 is one of my favourites. Really like your barrel modifications. Crow
I added an HW moderator to the 98 and added an ARH kit so it's under 12 ft lbs. The moderator doesn't make a noticeable difference at the firing line, but I read it can lower the sound heard downrange.

The Crosman Challenger 6100 was made by Diana in the 80s. Compared to the Diana 45 the only difference is the stock. I replaced the spring this week and wanted to test it. At 50' it's printing nickel sized groups at 50'. I think once the spring settles down and I add a muzzle brake it should do that at 25 yds. My plan is to set it up as a silhouette rifle.

Reactions: crowski
decided to try the D350 again. gotta tighten that group up. my ammo choices are kinda low at the moment. :(

speaking of tight, i sure hate tightening up those stock screws every 50-shots. i need to revisit finding a solution to that. cleaning & blue locktite hasn't helped.

anyway, 65F out and calm winds, gonna take advantage of it. another 100-degree week expected. kinda puts a kink in my style. :)

View attachment 284367
Of all my springers I have 5-6 that have same problem, always needs tightening. If you find a solution, please let us know.
I sweat when I swim when it’s 85. We got a nice rain through nite and morning so I scraped the ground by my range. Crow

I only have the one HW95L but at 83+ I like to shoot it every day if possible. My rifle seems to group best with the H&N FTT 14.66 gr 5.53 mm pellets. Rifle & 5 at 25.

View attachment 284371

View attachment 284372
Deerstalker your 95 has got to be the most recognized springer of all AGN members IMO. Nice touch with the leather. Still didn’t get one but I will. There’s so much to be had.
Nothing wrong with your shooting either, very nice. Crow

Reactions: Deerstalker
I added an HW moderator to the 98 and added an ARH kit so it's under 12 ft lbs. The moderator doesn't make a noticeable difference at the firing line, but I read it can lower the sound heard downrange.

The Crosman Challenger 6100 was made by Diana in the 80s. Compared to the Diana 45 the only difference is the stock. I replaced the spring this week and wanted to test it. At 50' it's printing nickel sized groups at 50'. I think once the spring settles down and I add a muzzle brake it should do that at 25 yds. My plan is to set it up as a silhouette rifle.
I’m so envious, they are illegal here. I’d put one on every gun. Crow

Reactions: Deerstalker
I shot both my HW 57 and HW 77, each equipped with Anschutz rear diopters. The 57 with a fixed factory front post, the 77 with an Anschutz front globe with a diopter insert. Shooting was at 20 yards at hanging soda cans, all firing was from an offhand position. The sights and extra weight on the 77 made for steadier shots. but the little 57 shoulders and shoots quicker. Just shooting for fun, not groups, and could not tell any real difference in accuracy between the two.

I shot both my HW 57 and HW 77, each equipped with Anschutz rear diopters. The 57 with a fixed factory front post, the 77 with an Anschutz front globe with a diopter insert. Shooting was at 20 yards at hanging soda cans, all firing was from an offhand position. The sights and extra weight on the 77 made for steadier shots. but the little 57 shoulders and shoots quicker. Just shooting for fun, not groups, and could not tell any real difference in accuracy between the two.
Never go wrong with any cal. 77. The 57 has my interest. How do you like it? Crow

Never go wrong with any cal. 77. The 57 has my interest. How do you like it? Crow
I'm liking it. The loading system, pop up breech is not as convenient as I thought it might be, If it could raise bit higher it would be much better, but still easier than fumbling in one of the loading ports like the 77. I have an injury to my left hand so have not been shooting as much as I would like but can say cocking effort is a bit less and the gun is shorter and lighter than my 77. I have both equipped with Anschutz rear diopter sights and a front globe with a diopter insert on the 77, cannot change the front sight on the 57 as it and the lever catch are integral, so it's a fairly wide front post for it. I am really in the break in process, and only shot it once on target to zero and after that it has been casual shooting at soda cans. Honestly the weight and balance are so good I just want to stand up and shoot it offhand, and even with the lame hand, 20 yard cans are a breeze and the reaction is more fun than shooting paper. I do have a scope in the mail that I ordered for it but am having so much fun the way it shoots with the irons I think I will use the scope on another gun. My hunting days are over but this is a nice little stalking type gun, as compared to the heavier 77, you could carry it all day and not be tired, plus the lines look more like a classic 1950's bolt action sporter.

Reactions: crowski
I'm liking it. The loading system, pop up breech is not as convenient as I thought it might be, If it could raise bit higher it would be much better, but still easier than fumbling in one of the loading ports like the 77. I have an injury to my left hand so have not been shooting as much as I would like but can say cocking effort is a bit less and the gun is shorter and lighter than my 77. I have both equipped with Anschutz rear diopter sights and a front globe with a diopter insert on the 77, cannot change the front sight on the 57 as it and the lever catch are integral, so it's a fairly wide front post for it. I am really in the break in process, and only shot it once on target to zero and after that it has been casual shooting at soda cans. Honestly the weight and balance are so good I just want to stand up and shoot it offhand, and even with the lame hand, 20 yard cans are a breeze and the reaction is more fun than shooting paper. I do have a scope in the mail that I ordered for it but am having so much fun the way it shoots with the irons I think I will use the scope on another gun. My hunting days are over but this is a nice little stalking type gun, as compared to the heavier 77, you could carry it all day and not be tired, plus the lines look more like a classic 1950's bolt action sporter.
Thanks for the reply.
Is the loading not the same as the 77-97?
I have a BSA Polaris .22. Which has loading port where the round goes down a slide. PITA. Not my favourite loading system. Crow