What springer did you shoot today?

Shambozzie I did get my R9 .20 out last nite. I worked like a dog till 8:30. Had a half hour of daylight managed to squeeze off 50 rounds. F0E4368C-65D2-4BA7-8CD0-384767BD8C14.jpeg Your dead on the money, I felt like I could hit targets behind my back using mirrors.
Haven’t used this caliber before except with iron sights. I’m liking what I see. Hitting 1 inch spinners 35 yds, solidly.
Thanks for the wake up. Crow

Reactions: shambozzie
@crowski et all,

Enjoyed all the pics. I have an original Feinwerkbau 124s no 12058 in .177 that I bought from Robert Grant's original Air Rifle HQ for myself back in the '70s. Oh the memories with this one! I had to mow & rake a lot of lawns as a teen to earn the money for this one! I think I learned about ARH and 'adult air guns' from an ad in the back of one of Dad's magazines, maybe Outdoor Life or Popular Science.

It was the inspiration for my username.

Buttery smooth and amazingly light cocking force for its velocity, and requires a gentle hold to shoot well. A great all day plinker. I keep it ready by the garage door nowadays.

Around 2012 I rediscovered ARH, now owned by Jim Maccari, built a spring compressor jig, and bought parts to replace the old spring and failed breech seal. Did a lube tune with light tar on the spring and moly paste. When it was new it had spring buzz but now the shot cycle is a quick and commanding "THUK!" with zero vibration, very satisfying.

Eventually, I picked up an aluminum trigger and one of the last of the laminate stocks from ARH a couple years later to 'celebrate' its rebirth. A muzzle brake and trigger shoe rounded out the accessories. I suppose it deserves a better scope but this one with the one-piece mount has been sufficient and rock solid.

The little black thing on the wrist of the stock is a self-adhesive rubber bumper foot, which provides a consistent place for my thumb to rest when I do my trigger pinch technique. I call it the 'accuracy button' and put them on many of my springers. Try it!

Feinwerkbau 124s no 12058 1 20220704.jpg

Feinwerkbau 124s no 12058 2 20220704.jpg

regards,
Feinwerk

Last edited:
Shambozzie I did get my R9 .20 out last nite. I worked like a dog till 8:30. Had a half hour of daylight managed to squeeze off 50 rounds. View attachment 272829 Your dead on the money, I felt like I could hit targets behind my back using mirrors.
Haven’t used this caliber before except with iron sights. I’m liking what I see. Hitting 1 inch spinners 35 yds, solidly.
Thanks for the wake up. Crow
Fantastic Crow. The R9 just flat out rock in .20 cal. Glad you like it.

@crowski et all,

Enjoyed all the pics. I have an original 124s no 12058 in .177 that I bought from Robert Grant's original Air Rifle HQ for myself back in the '70s. Oh the memories with this one! I had to mow & rake a lot of lawns as a teen to earn the money for this one! I think I learned about ARH and 'adult air guns' from an ad in the back of one of Dad's magazines, mayber Outdoor Life or Popular Science.

It was the inspiration for my username.

Buttery smooth and amazingly light cocking force for its velocity, and requires a gentle hold to shoot well. A great all day plinker. I keep it ready by the garage door nowadays.

Around 2012 I rediscovered ARH, now owned by Jim Maccari, built a spring compressor jig, and bought parts to replace the old spring and failed breech seal. Did a lube tune with light tar on the spring and moly paste. When it was new it had spring buzz but now the shot cycle is a quick and commanding "THUK!" with zero vibration, very satisfying.

Eventually, I picked up an aluminum trigger and one of the last of the laminate stocks from ARH a couple years later to 'celebrate' its rebirth. A muzzle brake and trigger shoe rounded out the accessories. I suppose it deserves a better scope but this one with the one-piece mount has been sufficient and rock solid.

The little black thing on the wrist of the stock is a self-adhesive rubber bumper foot, which provides a consistent place for my thumb to rest when I do my trigger pinch technique. I call it the 'accuracy button' and put them on many of my springers. Try it!

View attachment 272875

View attachment 272876

regards,
Feinwerk
Thanks. Sweet looking rifle. Your stock looks like an Oak or Ash? My first Feinwerkbau I bought because I couldn’t resist the design. Even though I was preached to that .177’s were NFG. I have the current 124. Might have a thousand rounds through it. Find it resists breaking. Really like the design, even the geometry in the finger guard.
That black thing I will try, you never know, thanks. Enjoy Crow

Reactions: Bolillo
Fantastic Crow. The R9 just flat out rock in .20 cal. Glad you like it.
I just came in from shooting again today, Blown away. I thought, I was so tried when I shot last nite I thought maybe I was sleep walking, because it shot so amazing. Today same story. Hitting my smallest spinners at 35 yds. solid. Crow

@crowski, sounds like springer nirvana...you get a good shooting rifle, and your technique/hold mojo is maxed, you feel like you could hit anything. Wish it could be like that all the time.

To answer your question, I'm not sure what kind of wood Jim Maccari made his laminate stocks from. I don't remember what the description said when I bought it.

The LGU is underlever and LGV is break barrel. Just after I started in Air Guns they stoped making both. I was lucky enough to buy the Varmint. It’s like you described smooth. Really like the gun.
Is your Walter still available?
And is it made in Germany?
Thanks Crow
0E3840B6-A6E3-4078-A346-A9950FDE06EE.jpeg

Yep made in Deutschland and there were a few underlevers left last year but to my knowledge all sold now.
Gary

@crowski, sounds like springer nirvana...you get a good shooting rifle, and your technique/hold mojo is maxed, you feel like you could hit anything. Wish it could be like that all the time.

To answer your question, I'm not sure what kind of wood Jim Maccari made his laminate stocks from. I don't remember what the description said when I bought it.
Oh if that’s laminate it’s not Oak. Looks like the arm of some chairs I made years ago. Thanks, looks great. Crow

Today I received this B5 1 .22 thanks Tom.

👍

took it out of the stock. cleaned barrel. cleaned up the mainspring as best I could without tearing it down. moly on both ends of spring. lubed all the moving parts. I did put 2 drops of chamber oil in the port. let it sit in the hot sun all day. Someday a full tune but fun for now.

I was only able to shoot it about 15 times at tin cans 20 yard just to test it. missing once. I have not tested fps but sure it's above 500. It is accurate little carbine, probably do to the fixed barrel. The open sights I had a hard to get a good sight picture. A compact scope or red dot hum. The trigger is heavy but breaks clean.

This is going to be one fun little rifle.

My one bitch about my sidelever guns. Most of us are right handed. Put the cocking lever on the left. It would make it easier to load while still holding the lever " I ain't trustin no anti bear trap" I've learned to load left.

20220729_170526~2.jpg

Today I received this B5 1 .22 thanks Tom.

👍

took it out of the stock. cleaned barrel. cleaned up the mainspring as best I could without tearing it down. moly on both ends of spring. lubed all the moving parts. I did put 2 drops of chamber oil in the port. let it sit in the hot sun all day. Someday a full tune but fun for now.

I was only able to shoot it about 15 times at tin cans 20 yard just to test it. missing once. I have not tested fps but sure it's above 500. It is accurate little carbine, probably do to the fixed barrel. The open sights I had a hard to get a good sight picture. A compact scope or red dot hum. The trigger is heavy but breaks clean.

This is going to be one fun little rifle.

My one bitch about my sidelever guns. Most of us are right handed. Put the cocking lever on the left. It would make it easier to load while still holding the lever " I ain't trustin no anti bear trap" I've learned to load left.

View attachment 279421
That gun looks like a blast. You have some cool guns. Crow

Reactions: Septicdeath