• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

I need to get my 98 back out some. Yesterday it rained, today just too raw feeling, 42 here today humitity about 78% with a strong north breeze. I'm in E Texas, about 200 miles north of the gulf, so winters temps vary widely, we were low 80's last week, so 42 and humid with a wind is cold for us. With temps bouncing up and down cold to very warm it is hard to get used to the cold.

Reactions: crowski
Oh ya you had a .20 on order about as long as me. Your lucky. I was told N/A. in Canada anymore. I’ll keep trying. Crow
I need to get my 98 back out some. Yesterday it rained, today just too raw feeling, 42 here today humitity about 78% with a strong north breeze. I'm in E Texas, about 200 miles north of the gulf, so winters temps vary widely, we were low 80's last week, so 42 and humid with a wind is cold for us. With temps bouncing up and down cold to very warm it is hard to get used to the cold.

My Octoberfest came in this afternoon, a day earlier than ups had projected, have they started doing things right? I was out of town most of the day and got back late and found it about 5pm on the front porch. I put a few 4.5mm steel bb's in and they worked just fine. It's rather neat to run the operating handle much like a bolt action rifle and keep shooting. I only had time for about ten shots the light was waning and the sights are not the greatest.

HW77 with H&N Baracuda FT's, at 25 yards

It's been foggy and dreary here for three weeks, but today it was a beautiful sunny afternoon at 30 degrees. Very light wind

I had to take a few shots. I started shooting and had three in one hole. Wow, looks like my breathing and trigger control are working together today LOL. The next two wobbled the hole out a little.

Not to shabby!

As I am typing this, I am waiting for UPS to arrive with a shiny new HW80. Should be here anytime. ;-)

Cheers
Z

WH77 1 hole.jpg

HW77 & Target.jpg

My Octoberfest came in this afternoon, a day earlier than ups had projected, have they started doing things right? I was out of town most of the day and got back late and found it about 5pm on the front porch. I put a few 4.5mm steel bb's in and they worked just fine. It's rather neat to run the operating handle much like a bolt action rifle and keep shooting. I only had time for about ten shots the light was waning and the sights are not the greatest.
You know what. I just grabbed a jug of BB’s and I just noticed nowhere does it say any size on the bottle. Crow

I cocked it this morning and when fired no air came out the barrel. Now to get the round out? Crow
They are 4.5’s

I bought a like new Crosman .22 gas ram rifle with a GRT trigger already in it, CP 4X16 scope/rings. Cleaned the barrel, mounted scope, shoot couple hundred pellets thru it. Pleasantly surprised with the accuracy, likes FTTs. I bought it as a beater pest gun, looks like it'll do that job for sure.(y)
Sweet. I keep a beater in my wood shop. A necessity. Crow
I have 3 brands of BB's and just got my calipers and measured, Air Venturi measures 4.35, H&N Excite smart shot 4.33, and Hornandy Black Diamond 4.38, All marked 4.5mm or..177.
Something is fishy. Crow

All this talk of side levers made me break out my Diana 52 Luxus today. Such a hard-hitting, fun gun to shoot but man it’s heavy. I don’t know how you shoot a 54 standing. About 10 shots standing and then I moved to a bench. Needed a break! Was going to take a pic but felt a rain drop on my head and it was inside faster than you can say, “Ballistol”.

All this talk of side levers made me break out my Diana 52 Luxus today. Such a hard-hitting, fun gun to shoot but man it’s heavy. I don’t know how you shoot a 54 standing. About 10 shots standing and then I moved to a bench. Needed a break! Was going to take a pic but felt a rain drop on my head and it was inside faster than you can say, “Ballistol”.
I couldn’t hold that up unless you nailed it to a tree. I use a stable table. 99D8214A-1D38-4B6B-8B8B-53B3CAB6ED17.jpeg Don’t use use the rear bag. Have a table at each end of porch, 40 ft. apart gives different view of range. Crow

Reactions: Ramjet
I like that table. Going to have to look into that. I shoot standing quite a bit so when I shoot the springers off a bench I use front bag only and rest the stock on my hand. That way recoil is the same standing or off the bench.
These tables are awesome. I can take them apart and put in my truck in minutes. Stable. They rotate as well , which I take advantage of. A76B5FBB-6D30-4EC3-A888-DCC91312ED06.jpeg shoot straight at range, max. 37 yds.
73A80130-66EC-4063-898C-C6A4285F4491.jpeg Shoot off to left, max. 46 yds.
2BCFFC00-7617-4888-8863-7D9073F17112.jpeg And to extreme left, which never tried. 53 yds. My second table is at far end of porch.
They have an upgrade which is heavier. The table is wood but mine is always outside, don’t think the wood would stand up. Can’t justify the price difference either. Crow

Reactions: Ramjet
These tables are awesome. I can take them apart and put in my truck in minutes. Stable. They rotate as well , which I take advantage of. View attachment 306801 shoot straight at range, max. 37 yds.
View attachment 306800 Shoot off to left, max. 46 yds.
View attachment 306799 And to extreme left, which never tried. 53 yds. My second table is at far end of porch.
They have an upgrade which is heavier. The table is wood but mine is always outside, don’t think the wood would stand up. Can’t justify the price difference either. Crow
Actually showed to Kim this morning. She's all over it. Looks like a few other companies make similar. Time to do a little research.

Actually showed to Kim this morning. She's all over it. Looks like a few other companies make similar. Time to do a little research.
I researched the hell out of them. I like 3 legs, easy to stabilize. I added these feet to give it better stability, 9013B00F-C7F9-4A71-87DD-F6CF4CB47D93.jpeg especially in the field. It spins 360 deg.
I saw one, looked like NASA built it. And it would have a NASA price. You would put in your living room, it was so nice.
The Stable table is fully adjustable and fast to make adjustments. Crow