• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Got out for a good hour or so today.

20240525_143027.jpg

Here’s a tense moment 3 woodpeckers and a Blue Jay. The woodpecker on the hummingbird feeder is on it 20+ times a day.
IMG_8717.jpeg

My first Wiehrauch HW90 .25. I’ve renamed it 180. This gun was evil when I first got it. But now turned down to 18 bar, you wouldn’t think it’s the same gun.
Tuesday bought a Tri axle of gravel 20 tons. Thurs. another 21 tons. Been busy.
IMG_8718.jpeg
Next up a HW95 .177, a HW30 on steroids. This gun is all business.
IMG_8722.jpeg
Miss the shooting. Crow

Got a new to me HW77K from a great seller here, JamesD yesterday. So after setting it up with my new scope and mounts, I did some sighting in and then some 20 yard shooting from a standing position resting my forearm on the corner of the porch. Not bad for day 1, and quite ready for tree rats and bunnies! Rifle has been tuned and custom cocking lever and bedding screw cups incorporated. It showed up in like new condition, and smmmmmmooooooothhh as butter!
20240525_123015.jpg

5 shots with FTT 14.6 grain, @ 720 fps, with a 4.6 fps ES. yep, I'm still smiling. Thanks James!
20240525_133729.jpg

Put in some time as the sun is going down with hw30 deluxe. Just a little fun at 20yards, sitting, standing , kneeling practice. Every time I shoot this gun I think I need another rifle in .177. Something a bit hotter in the fps dept. The flat trajectory is real nice at different distances.View attachment 467333
If Weihrauch had an HW50S "Luxus" with a walnut stock I'd probably be trying to figure out how to pay for it!

If Weihrauch had an HW50S "Luxus" with a walnut stock I'd probably be trying to figure out how to pay for it!
As for which springer,an HW50S (new style stock) in .177, H&N FTT's. On starling patrol from my front porch, sitting in a low turkey chair, sandbag on the porch railing looking north and shooting sticks set up shots to the south. The scraggly black locust to the north is ~20 yards from the porch to its base.

05212419072_1_optimized_200.jpg

Planed on sighting my HW77K with its new Hawke scope, however a very bad storm went through last night take large number of trees out and put our power transformer on the ground. No AC for several days and no sure when we will have the tress taken care of. In any case I’m going try and shoot tomorrow. Charles

Planed on sighting my HW77K with its new Hawke scope, however a very bad storm went through last night take large number of trees out and put our power transformer on the ground. No AC for several days and no sure when we will have the tress taken care of. In any case I’m going try and shoot tomorrow. Charles
Hope you get back to normal soon.

Glad everyone is safe.
They say the storms are going to be more severe and frequent.
I buried all my wires with a 14 kw generator. Last year 5 days no power, generator saved the marriage.
‘Hope things get cleaned up soon. Enjoy your 77. Crow

today , woke up to no electric , OH WELL ! might as well shoot a few . Hw97 .177 and practice 30 yard . shot one card and it was ok so i thought i would go for it !!! yeah right > not bad but not what i wanted . 189 and 10 X
DA## Iphone not sending pictures , have to repost later when pictures arrive .

OOPS poster under here instead os "what paper did you shoot " OOps

Last edited:
Glad you didn't say half of your house was gone.. It been pretty crazy weather.

must have been fun ! Daisy 499B = list price $185 , might just have to try one .

EDIT: muzzle loading ? interesting .
Yep, you crank the lever, and drop a BB down the bore. There's a magnet inside that holds the BB in place until you fire. It's touted as the most accurate BB gun made. Designed for junior 5 meter competition, so it's light weight with a low cocking effort. It's a short range low velocity smoothbore tack driver. Nice fit and finish, and it comes standard with the peep sight and single point 3-position sling. Although it resembles a Red Ryder, it's actually a completely different design.

499-1.JPG
499-2.JPG