• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Into town today, with a pit stop at AGS. Picked up 10 tins .25 Hades. They’re the price they were 2 yrs. ago. Cheaper than the dome. If still there next week one more 10 pack. Can easily go through a tin in a day.View attachment 466732Two rifles which are always compared. TX200 .22, my first springer. View attachment 466721Easily tackled my toughest targets, and gained a few yds.
And in this corner a HW97 .177. View attachment 466722I slottered the bell targets and spinners. Both are accurate as hell, but it ends there. Crow
I got to say those feet are nice. Now to find a table to rob.

While waiting on the HW77K, I bought here from JamesD. I put a new HO PG4 Vortek kit in my 54 Diana yesterday.
1000001552.jpg

So after shooting 8 different pellets over the day, all dime size 5 shot groups or less @ 20 yards. I decided to rezero it with the pellets it has always shot the best. AA Heavy Field Diablos, 18.0 grains. Top bull is a five shot group, after the final 2 shot zero, bottom is a 22 felt pellet over the group.
1000001844.jpg
1000001845.jpg

Hoping the new HW77K will be as accurate with its favorite pellet, both in 22 cal. We' find out Saturday?

Guns with bling: 1970 Diana 65 former club gun with Anschutz 6700 and Hensoldt magnifier/iris, and Walther LGv with seldom used
L1010517.jpeg
breech sight and accessory steel Walther diopter sight. For folks really into trivia, the "V" in LGV means "improved", I guess as compared to the LG55. Wonder why the new LGV is also that...improved over what???

Last edited:
I took out the gun that sits right next to my back door. A Hatsan edge 22. It gets neglected This is the first Hatsan I owned tinkered on, and tuned. Nice shot cycle. No twang and probably 2.5 lb trigger with its mod. I'm going to have to take it out more. I'd forgotten how well this little cheap gun shoots. Some off hand at 35 yards

20240524_103722~2.jpg

20240524_103626.jpg

To all who regularly post on this thread. Thank You. Every day I look forward to seeing what interesting tool is being enjoyed by some lucky shooter. Maybe when I retire (again) I will regularly shoot my own cool tools. Please take a moment this weekend to remember our fellow countrymen / women whose sacrifice made enjoying this pastime possible. John

I took the HW30 .177, the HW50 .22 and the mighty HW95 .20 shooting today. The wind was very aggressive, lots of swirling. Could see the cottonwood seeds dancing in the wind and wind indicators were blowing upwards at times.

The HW30 pellets were curve balling, I was using two mil dots. The hit ratio was not good and I retired it.

The HW50 fared better but I could not buy a spinner, even the biggest so cans it was.

The star of the day was my HW95. Even with the crazy wind I could smack quarter sized spinners. Both of my friends were shooting PCP's and I was keeping up with them. It is always fun to give them a run for their money on called shots with a springer. Something about the HW95 makes it damn near perfect.

Honorable mention goes to my LP400 today. Was resetting a squirrel target at 30 yards today with some kind of Walther voodoo in the crazy winds. For a 10 meter pistol it can really reach out touch something. I would never have believed it but it makes a very efficient pesting pistol. Blows right through a grackle at twenty yards. 😳

IMG_2082.jpeg

I took the HW30 .177, the HW50 .22 and the mighty HW95 .20 shooting today. The wind was very aggressive, lots of swirling. Could see the cottonwood seeds dancing in the wind and wind indicators were blowing upwards at times.

The HW30 pellets were curve balling, I was using two mil dots. The hit ratio was not good and I retired it.

The HW50 fared better but I could not buy a spinner, even the biggest so cans it was.

The star of the day was my HW95. Even with the crazy wind I could smack quarter sized spinners. Both of my friends were shooting PCP's and I was keeping up with them. It is always fun to give them a run for their money on called shots with a springer. Something about the HW95 makes it damn near perfect.

Honorable mention goes to my LP400 today. Was resetting a squirrel target at 30 yards today with some kind of Walther voodoo in the crazy winds. For a 10 meter pistol it can really reach out touch something. I would never have believed it but it makes a very efficient pesting pistol. Blows right through a grackle at twenty yards. 😳

View attachment 467288
Awesome view, love the ever greens.

Put in some time as the sun is going down with hw30 deluxe. Just a little fun at 20yards, sitting, standing , kneeling practice. Every time I shoot this gun I think I need another rifle in .177. Something a bit hotter in the fps dept. The flat trajectory is real nice at different distances.
1000002050.jpg