What springer did you shoot today?

Very windy today, and the yard goes squish squish if I try to walk across it. That is the result of just under 13 inches of rain over the previous tow days. Maybe tomorrow.
Wow, 13 inxhes. My yard is still full of puddles a day later after 5 1/2 inches.

The HW50 in .22 cal just laughs at the wind. My yard is a little sheltered but it was still swirling pretty good. 50 yard spinners, no problems.

IMG_0056.jpeg

At about 1:00 UPS delivered my new stainless steel looking HW50S in .177. I believe it is one of the most perfect out of the box gun I've had in a while and at 12 yards it was nearly on target. Sighting it in on paper I spent three hours having a ball shooting it. To me at my age(84) I found the cocking not hard at all as I could do it single handed and the shooting cycle was great. This is my second HW50S as the first is blue in .20 caliber which also is a very nice shooter. Charles

At about 1:00 UPS delivered my new stainless steel looking HW50S in .177. I believe it is one of the most perfect out of the box gun I've had in a while and at 12 yards it was nearly on target. Sighting it in on paper I spent three hours having a ball shooting it. To me at my age(84) I found the cocking not hard at all as I could do it single handed and the shooting cycle was great. This is my second HW50S as the first is blue in .20 caliber which also is a very nice shooter. Charles
Gotta love it when the UPS man rolls up.

Took my FWB Sport for a short spin this afternoon. I did not set anything up for shooting, just a hanging rimfire chicken swinger at about 15-20 yards and me sitting in a patio chair, no rest other than my arms.
leisure at its finest

Today I spent about 4 hours shooting my new HW50S stainless in .177 equipped with a Williams peeper and it did very well. Finished shooting one of a really fun accurate Daisy 853 rifle. This was the most time in one day that I shot this long all year. Tired, but was worth the fun. Charles

Today I spent about 4 hours shooting my new HW50S stainless in .177 equipped with a Williams peeper and it did very well. Finished shooting one of a really fun accurate Daisy 853 rifle. This was the most time in one day that I shot this long all year. Tired, but was worth the fun. Charles
Well done Charles, I have a 22 cal HW 50s and it is a pleasure to shoot. It loves the 12.65gr H&N Greens. I’ll be 70 years young in June and have no problems cocking and shooting it for extended shooting sessions. Lots of people complain about the cocking effort for these rifles, I really don’t see what all of the fuss is about.
Gary

Shot one round through my .22 Beeman P1 around 3AM this morning. There's been a big old red squirrel getting into my attic every night making all sorts of racket. Cramped quarters so a rifle was a no go. Left the attic access panel open, put a chair under it to stand on, and waited. Heard him, popped up, turned on the light, and nailed the SOB. Headshot at around ten feet. First time I've used the P1 for close range pest control. Packs quite a wallop. Where I got him also lead me to how he was getting in. Sealing that up today. Put the carcass out back where I regularly see a fox and an ermine. One of them got a free meal this morning.

Pellet was a Crosman 14.3gr pointed. Went in one side, didn't come out the other. Like flipping an off switch. Now I can sleep. Love this gun!

P1:Temp 2.JPG

today was FWB124 day shot both rifles , less than dime size groups
Then i decided to shoot the Sheridan 1974ish .20 with a sort of period no name scope . dialed it in and put pellet overlapping pellet , but only 20 yards , fun View attachment 455209
When we visited, and experienced that shooting rest I was smitten, and had to have one.
I settled with a Caldwell, which is nice , but not in the same ball park with that one.
Screenshot_20231012_173748_Gallery.jpg

I shot the same ole same ole. The HW30s Deluxe at 75 and 30 yards.
Screenshot_20240306_151855_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I've been avoiding the 30 yard target with the HW30, because its really easy for that rifle and better suited for pistols or iron sights

Shooting at dusk, I did aweful at the 75 yard range.

As vusability disappeared I took vengeance on the 30 yard targets.
Now all of a sudden the 30 yard targets were challenging!
Screenshot_20240415_081522_Gallery.jpg

First three were Stans swinging targets, all hits. 👍followed with the ( Rat ) 5 misses. 😠
Then I cleared the Crazzy eights with 2 misses,

Now its really dark, so I switched to the pistol targets, white medicine bottles hanging on yarn.(I couldn't find my string).

At this point I could only see the cross hairs when I aimed at the white background. Although the bottles and caps were small, I could still see the cross hairs on them.
The HW30 blew the bottles clean off of the yarn hangers, and destroyed all the caps but one little one that I could never get the crosshairs on.

I waisted a fair amout of lead, but it turned out to be a good shoot in the end.
My wife was antagonizing me for my misses at 75. Lol 👍

Last edited:
When we visited, and experienced that shooting rest I was smitten, and had to have one.
I settled with a Caldwell, which is nice , but not in the same ball park with that one.
View attachment 455757
Caldwell is a good rest, and probably just as solid as much higher priced one's m maybe more ? my rest has (what i think ) is a lot of slack unless i tighten up ALL the screw knobs every shot . (which i do not do )

A good shooter makes for a good shoot.
A guns worth is its entertainment value.
Nobodys going to hang with a gun that can't hit.
Sound like you've got a few good ones.
👍

today so far , i shot both FWB124's . the one with mancarrie spring shot 780 FPS or 11.6 fpe and the stock spring 124 tuned for 10.6 shot 730 what a sweet shooter . then i restarted dialing in my iron sight Morini 162 ie pistol got it down to 1 1/2 inch groupe @ 20 yard targets.

20 yards is 200%of the design of the Morini .