What springer did you shoot today?

Just tune down my TX 200 HC (MK2) from 15fpe to 12fpe using Maccari spring, spring guide, top head and piston seal. Decided to use my Vector red dot with dovetail base. Wow....it's balance so nice and much lighter, good for plinking and hunting up to 30m.
1000113883.jpg

Played with my HW 35e .22 for a while this morning and then later got the FWB Sport out. It is nowhere as easy to cock as the HW, but accuracy is up there. I had Hawke AirMax 2-7 in Sportsmatch rings. I dismounted the scope and changed them out for a set of Warne QD 11mm -3/8" rings The band around the scope is narrower than that on the Sportsmatch and only two screws on each ring to hold the scope. I don't know for the long run how well the QD will stand up to the air gun's action.

With the scope off I was getting about 3/8" groups at 10 meters with those factory iron sights, I then put the scope back on and did not bother checking it on paper, but nailed a little diamond shaped swinger, about 1 1/4" on a side at 40 yards. I did have a scope block mounted to the dovetail so I could index it to the same place each time.

I needed to mow the yard, but weather was too nice, so I did more airgun shooting today than I have done in months. Warm but not approaching hot, humidity down, and very light breeze. I finished up late this afternoon, early evening with my HW 97k It has a Hawke Airmax 4-16 scope. I started at 10 meters on a dueling post, too easy, so swapped over to my little trio of hanging swingers at about 30 yards still easy so moved them back to about 50 long paces, probably 45-50 yards and still easy shots. Almost boring, but satisfying, my wife calls it my tranqualizer.

I spent almost 3 hours today shooting my new Cometa 400 Fenix Premier in .22 caliber tuned by Jon a Keystone
airguns, and equipped with a Williams peeper sight. If there was ever a gun that could stand shoulder to shoulder with my 12 HW rifles this one does. Easy to cock, great trigger and hit what your are aiming at. What could be better than that and bargain price. I'm really pleased with this fine rifle. Charles

My Prosport in .22, shooting at 50 yards under very windy conditions. I was using some Crosman piranah pelletsI had bought on a whim because they were on sale. I was surprised how well they held up in the wind.. Weather report says wind at 15mph with gusts to 25mph. After I got the scope dialed in I was hitting my little swinger regularly.

Got the other FWB 65, this one has the longer barrel. It’s in practically mint condition like the other one. I put it over the chronograph last night with 7 gr meisterkugelns and 8.2 gr R10s. Still need to do some accuracy testing and find pellets they like. Got some R10 pistol pellets on the way. Need to get some good plinking pellets. Any suggestions on some cheap but consistent light (7 gr) pellets? Maybe Hobby, if there’s light ones?

Here’s some pics and results from the chronograph. The wood on this one is amazing, hit “the lottery”!

View attachment 452238

View attachment 452239

View attachment 452240
The Hobbies didn't work for me. I'm shooting an HW70, HW75, HW40, Daisy 747, P17, Buckmark.
The best replacement for the R10s are RWS Basics in my pistols.

20240406_200644.jpg

Didnt have much time today but it was the only day in awhile that wasnt wet, and having surgery tomorrow so i dug out the FWB and put lead on paper, 10 and 20 meters. Then i sat everal 1\4" steel bearings on top of the target and that beautiful rifle didn't disappoint. Pulled one shot but one out of 10 ain't half bad. @ 66'

Didnt have much time today but it was the only day in awhile that wasnt wet, and having surgery tomorrow so i dug out the FWB and put lead on paper, 10 and 20 meters. Then i sat everal 1\4" steel bearings on top of the target and that beautiful rifle didn't disappoint. Pulled one shot but one out of 10 ain't half bad. @ 66'
Hope your surgery goes well and is not too serious.

In the fall I like to line up acorns and shoot them, not as challenging as 1/4" bearings, but then I don't have to worry about looking for them again. My FWB sport is deadly on them. I do need a scope even at 10 meters for something that small with my old eyes.

Today I had my AA TX200, .177 out. My little swinger at about 30 yards was easy, I set up a silhouette at 50 yards and was having problems until I realized it was too heavy for light airgun pellets, bein 1/4" thick steel designed for. .22 rimfire. I did crank the scope power up and could barely see it wiggle when hit,

Hope your surgery goes well and is not too serious.

In the fall I like to line up acorns and shoot them, not as challenging as 1/4" bearings, but then I don't have to worry about looking for them again. My FWB sport is deadly on them. I do need a scope even at 10 meters for something that small with my old eyes.

Today I had my AA TX200, .177 out. My little swinger at about 30 yards was easy, I set up a silhouette at 50 yards and was having problems until I realized it was too heavy for light airgun pellets, bein 1/4" thick steel designed for. .22 rimfire. I did crank the scope power up and could barely see it wiggle when hit,
One of my favorite shoots was at.25 cal airsoft pellets at 25 yards with a scoped HW75. I got that one on film. I pulled this pic from the video.

Screenshot_20230425_201344_Gallery.jpg

Shot some H&N excite econ 2, falcon, R10 and meisterkugeln offhand one handed yesterday and today. Still have to sit down and see what the FWB 65 really likes. Shot each target 20 times and then divided by 4. Trying to save paper, lol! Funny thing is the best average was with the cheapest pellets. I think I just settled down a little bit.

IMG_6678.jpeg

IMG_6680.jpeg

IMG_6679.jpeg

IMG_6677.jpeg

IMG_6676.jpeg