What springer did you shoot today?

What velocity do these 65's shoot at new?
I just got time to run it over the chronograph. Mine I found out, the short barreled one Dr Beeman referred to as the MK2 but in Europe and FWB referred to it as the junior.
With Meisterkugeln 7 grain pellets it averages 513 fps out of 10 shots and 6 ES with 2 SD.
438 FPS with RWS R10 8.2 Grain 11 ES 3 SD
My gun dealer friend got two of these in mint condition, the other being the long barrel. I decided to buy it too and the spare parts that were in the lot.
I HAVE A PROBLEM…!
Damn fine German springers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I just got time to run it over the chronograph. Mine I found out, the short barreled one Dr Beeman referred to as the MK2 but in Europe and FWB referred to it as the junior.
With Meisterkugeln 7 grain pellets it averages 513 fps out of 10 shots and 6 ES with 2 SD.
438 FPS with RWS R10 8.2 Grain 11 ES 3 SD
My gun dealer friend got two of these in mint condition, the other being the long barrel. I decided to buy it too and the spare parts that were in the lot.
I HAVE A PROBLEM…!
Damn fine German springers.

View attachment 451737

View attachment 451738
Respectable numbers I think.

Respectable numbers I think.
Yeah, I was surprised after reading everything I can find these guns. I am happy with it. Tomorrow I get its big brother. Can’t wait to get some numbers on it. Maybe I will outfit one with a scope if I can find one of the original Beemans with a correct mount.
Probably made out of hens teeth with unobtainium fillings…

Got the other FWB 65, this one has the longer barrel. It’s in practically mint condition like the other one. I put it over the chronograph last night with 7 gr meisterkugelns and 8.2 gr R10s. Still need to do some accuracy testing and find pellets they like. Got some R10 pistol pellets on the way. Need to get some good plinking pellets. Any suggestions on some cheap but consistent light (7 gr) pellets? Maybe Hobby, if there’s light ones?

Here’s some pics and results from the chronograph. The wood on this one is amazing, hit “the lottery”!

IMG_6657.jpeg

IMG_6656.jpeg

IMG_6655.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the other FWB 65, this one has the longer barrel. It’s in practically mint condition like the other one. I put it over the chronograph last night with 7 gr meisterkugelns and 8.2 gr R10s. Still need to do some accuracy testing and find pellets they like. Got some R10 pistol pellets on the way. Need to get some good plinking pellets. Any suggestions on some cheap but consistent light (7 gr) pellets? Maybe Hobby, if there’s light ones?

Here’s some pics and results from the chronograph. The wood on this one is amazing, hit “the lottery”!

View attachment 452238

View attachment 452239

View attachment 452240
Here’s the chronograph numbers

IMG_6662.png

Attachments

• IMG_6659.png
    IMG_6659.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 4
Shooting the long barreled FWB 65 again today. When I feed the horses, while they’re in their stall eating grain I’ll stand up in the door of the hay mow after I throw out hay and plink at “road apples” at various distances. I told my wife this and she said “so, you’re literally shooting the $h!t”

I shot these two groups at the end of the evening, the top one handed. I’m a terrible pistol shot and was shaking like crazy. It was definitely a fluke!! I can’t seem to count tonight either since both groups have 6 shots! I can’t wait until my pistol targets get here. I’m using some old military targets a club member gave me.

IMG_6669.jpeg

IMG_6670.jpeg

After going back and forth between the fiberoptic dovetail and the peep sight over the last several weeks it was time for drastic measures. Got a new shipment of ammo today from PA. 2 of the pellets grouped ok but were far enough to the right there wasn't enough adjustment in the peep sight to bring them on center. So now....I dug out a scope from the closet and got that mounted up. Dialed it in indoors since it's raining/snowing all day today. Shooting great, looks like it's gonna be the daisy hp for the win on this gun overall. That's good with me, I got about 7 tins of 500 hanging around.
1000001914.jpg