• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

I was out this morning shooting my P17 at 50-feet. Taking a break from silhouette for a bit.

20240211_094617.jpg20240128_072734.jpg20240211_082521.jpg

My new to me TX200 in .177. Some pellet testing and generally getting the feel for it. Super smooth, sub-12 fpe, very accurate. Actually shot it yesterday, today was my PCP's. Felt like I was cheating...
View attachment 434468
Do those Benjamin match pellets come in .177? I thought they were .22 only, nice AA rifle.

Do those Benjamin match pellets come in .177? I thought they were .22 only, nice AA rifle.

They come in .177 as well. I have been using some in my TX200 and they shoot unprepared really well. I prep (weight sort, lube, etc.) other brands.

Last time I posted I had been shooting cans off hand and said, "Don't ask me for groups."

That got me thinking yesterday that maybe I could actually try for some groups with my cheap magnum springer. Here they are:
25 yds
Gun rested on the back of a chair
Ruger Air Magnum .22
JSB Hades 15.89 gr
No scope, but used a "See All Open Sight"

These are both five-shot groups. I always have one flyer of course...but I'm happy with the bottom group.

groups.jpeg

Last time I posted I had been shooting cans off hand and said, "Don't ask me for groups."

That got me thinking yesterday that maybe I could actually try for some groups with my cheap magnum springer. Here they are:
25 yds
Gun rested on the back of a chair
Ruger Air Magnum .22
JSB Hades 15.89 gr
No scope, but used a "See All Open Sight"

These are both five-shot groups. I always have one flyer of course...but I'm happy with the bottom group.

View attachment 434835
Looks good from here.

After getting a new gas-ram installed in my Webley Tracker Deluxe .22, did some sighting in at 30yds with Superdomes pellets. Once I had the old Sport view 4x scope signed in was getting 3/4" groups which isn't bad for this gun, which is shooting @10.5 ftlb.

View attachment 434942

View attachment 434943
I've tried Superdomes in all three of my rifles, all of them spray that pellet all over the place. Superdome is a good looking pellet too, and clean. Crazy huh.

Unseasonably warm again yesterday, sunny and high 30's F. Took the .177 D48 out back for a couple of hours, plinking tin cans at 40yds or so with Crosman Premier brown box 10.5gr domed. Fine pellets for the money.

View attachment 435131
Sweet gun.
You must be getting the same weather as me. On Feb. 8th I actually saw 2 big earth worms out with ice and snow nearby, first for me. Crow

Got this old Beeman R10 rebuilt with the spring, spring guide, top hat and seals. Haven’t put it on the chronograph yet but it’s quite a piece. The gun was neglected and had to be cleaned up. Including the whole rebuild kit I have a bit under $300 in it now. Too bad they didn’t take care of it… On a brighter note, the bore and trigger are great so it shoots well!

image.jpg

They come in .177 as well. I have been using some in my TX200 and they shoot unprepared really well. I prep (weight sort, lube, etc.) other brands.
i was going to try a tin , but what if they are better than the HN 8.44 ? what to i do with ALL the H&N"s , HAHAHA

Last edited: