• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Well, I spent the better part of the day topping out a Bradford pear tree, and I made it thru no injuries. 5:30pm the wind died out, so out came the mighty prosport for some last min groups. The last time I shot it I stopped mid session and cleaned the barrel, after some fouling shots my groups tightened back up. So here's what I got today at 40 yards off the sticks.
IMG_6810.jpeg

1/4" stick on dots, aim small miss small, sometimes. I will say after shooting the 77K last week this rifle shoots much smoother and completely different. Haven't had many chances without any wind this winter, so I had to take advantage of it.
IMG_6811.jpeg

✌🏻

Well, I spent the better part of the day topping out a Bradford pear tree, and I made it thru no injuries. 5:30pm the wind died out, so out came the mighty prosport for some last min groups. The last time I shot it I stopped mid session and cleaned the barrel, after some fouling shots my groups tightened back up. So here's what I got today at 40 yards off the sticks.
View attachment 434196
1/4" stick on dots, aim small miss small, sometimes. I will say after shooting the 77K last week this rifle shoots much smoother and completely different. Haven't had many chances without any wind this winter, so I had to take advantage of it.
View attachment 434199
✌🏻
They look good groups to me for 40 yrds. Some horizontal drift, maybe there was a little breeze after all?

No way I can hold still enough off my knee. Hats off to you fellows that can do that.👊🏻
Weirdly I can't shoot with the rifle rested! Never as consistent. I'm best sitting on the ground with my back against something solid and elbows on my knees/thighs sort of. Usually can get a ragged hole 5 shot group using AA diablo Express and the scope on 4 x mag. I have bad days of course where every other shot is a flyer!
Edit... That's only at 30 metres I should add, which is my zero.

The day I bought it two years and four months ago. I'm not shooting off a rest by the way. These groups are sitting on the floor elbows on knees.
For me it seems after a few hundred shots my group spreads a little, after about 6 patches, first two with ballistol then dry for the rest, my groups are tight again. Same thing with the 97K and 77K, the crosman premiers are the worst for this phenomenon.

Reactions: Bandito
Weirdly I can't shoot with the rifle rested! Never as consistent. I'm best sitting on the ground with my back against something solid and elbows on my knees/thighs sort of. Usually can get a ragged hole 5 shot group using AA diablo Express and the scope on 4 x mag. I have bad days of course where every other shot is a flyer!
Edit... That's only at 30 metres I should add, which is my zero.
Never tried it with my back against something, but I can see where that would help a lot. I usually shoot my best groups when exhaling slightly when squeezing off the shot on the sticks. Benched it doesn't matter as much.

For me it seems after a few hundred shots my group spreads a little, after about 6 patches, first two with ballistol then dry for the rest, my groups are tight again. Same thing with the 97K and 77K, the crosman premiers are the worst for this phenomenon.
Have you tried "shooting through" the time when the groups open up? Do they tighten back up if you keep going or stay rubbish? You've inspired me to give mine a barrel clean. Not something I do very often.

Never tried it with my back against something, but I can see where that would help a lot. I usually shoot my best groups when exhaling slightly when squeezing off the shot on the sticks. Benched it doesn't matter as much.
I've never tried sticks. They seem to have got very popular with airgunners in the last few years judging by magazines articles and what I've seen at shooting shows. I generally try to practice in positions which are achievable when I'm out rabbiting ie. I don't carry a bench around when I'm hunting so I don't tend to practice from one.

Have you tried "shooting through" the time when the groups open up? Do they tighten back up if you keep going or stay rubbish? You've inspired me to give mine a barrel clean. Not something I do very often.
I've have, and sometimes they get better but not as good as when I run some patches thru the barrel. Of course the cleaned barrel will need several fouling shots before it settles in. But it definitely works for me and only takes about 10 mins or so to clean the bore. The prosport is harder to do than the 97 and 77, those are easy. With the prosport I had to get a longer straw to feed the pull thru into the barrel.

I've never tried sticks. They seem to have got very popular with airgunners in the last few years judging by magazines articles and what I've seen at shooting shows. I generally try to practice in positions which are achievable when I'm out rabbiting ie. I don't carry a bench around when I'm hunting so I don't tend to practice from one.
But you can carry those sticks hunting, they fold shut and are light weight. I shoot off of them so I stay in practice in case I want to shoot a field target match. Specifically hunter field target, where you can use sticks and your scope is limited to 16 power.

I've have, and sometimes they get better but not as good as when I run some patches thru the barrel. Of course the cleaned barrel will need several fouling shots before it settles in. But it definitely works for me and only takes about 10 mins or so to clean the bore. The prosport is harder to do than the 97 and 77, those are easy. With the prosport I had to get a longer straw to feed the pull thru into the barrel.
Sounds like you understand your ProSports wants and needs.
I used a darning needle attached to thin cotton thread in turn attached to a fishing line with a patch of cotton rag tied to it with a drop of light oil on.

I used a darning needle attached to thin cotton thread in turn attached to a fishing line with a patch of cotton rag tied to it with a drop of light oil on.
You need to get a pull thru like the patch worm or I use a Otis pull thru with 2.0" patches. Some people make them from weed eater line. Pull thru makes it easier. I use a drinking straw in the muzzle to guide the pull thru into the bore then out the breach and attach a 2.0" patch then some Ballistol. There is some resistance getting it coming thru, but then once it starts moving it pulls on thru, usually black with little lead particles on the first two patches. Then a few dry patches until clean.
Whatever you use you don't want to damage the crown at the start of the bore when feeding your pull thru into the bore. The drinking straw helps guide it in.
The Otis I use has a brass jag on the end that the patches attach to, which makes it quick to use. I've been using it since 2007 no problems on all my rifles. Straight Shooters sent it with my 97K when I bought it from them.

I make some with heavy cat fish line and shrink tube, work really well. A youtoob thing...

I’ve been shooting last week and a half, averaging 4 hours a day. Over 10 tins, could have filled pages of different rifles, but internet is as slow as crap sliding up a board. Wicked shooting and weather in the 50’s, unheard of. Crow
Sounds like a fun time for you. Maybe you should look into Starlink for your internet problem.