• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Weather was a very pleasant 60* very low humidity and wind day here in north Florida, just the kinView attachment 431143View attachment 431144View attachment 431145d of day to break out a Theoben SLR. I checked the pressure in the ram and cronyed two different pellets...Crosman 14.3 domes 711fps and JSB 18.13s 640fps both just over 16fpe. Tweaked the trigger adjustment and just enjoyed the fine day with this classic. I didn't print any spectacular groups but wasn't really trying...just a fun check up on the nicest days once or twice a year...This is a Beeman branded carbine .22, note 30mm rings...not real common on these Theobens. As usual, shot from my rocking chair off my knee.
I had to stare at it for a min, is that a 97K in a after market stock? Nope, I haven't seen many of those lately, it's nice.👌🏻

Weather was a very pleasant 60* very low humidity and wind day here in north Florida, just the kinView attachment 431143View attachment 431144View attachment 431145d of day to break out a Theoben SLR. I checked the pressure in the ram and cronyed two different pellets...Crosman 14.3 domes 711fps and JSB 18.13s 640fps both just over 16fpe. Tweaked the trigger adjustment and just enjoyed the fine day with this classic. I didn't print any spectacular groups but wasn't really trying...just a fun check up on the nicest days once or twice a year...This is a Beeman branded carbine .22, note 30mm rings...not real common on these Theobens. As usual, shot from my rocking chair off my knee.
Well done sir! Beautiful rifle.

Continuing with my current theme I grabbed the .22 cal R9 and shot a couple 50’ groups standing rested on tripod trigger sticks. I’m very pleased with the groups. You can clearly see I pulled that one shot to the left. I was so bummed. It was the third shot in the group of five. 😬😬😬

IMG_6143.jpeg
IMG_6144.jpeg

3411C6D1-4A64-48B5-A99D-F8D09899EC52.jpeg

Against sound mind , I decided to see where my HW30 . 22 hit at fifty five yards.Its getting 500 fps with jsb FTT 14.66.Its zeroed at 50' currently.
I about ran out of dots on the 4x bug buster!
I started a little higher than I thought , but eventually found it was "about" four dots down. I shot these two groups, it were not spectacular but okay considering. Then when I went down range I didn't realize one of the" ranging" groups was high in the cardboard and i'm not sure if it was all five , but it was pretty decent and probably a fluke.Then I put up my intended targets,some old soda cans and never missed. I could pull the trigger,Take a sip of my soda scratch my head, and then the pellet would hit....

20240202_135224.jpg

20240202_140702.jpg

20240202_134350.jpg

Last edited:
Against sound mind , I decided to see where my HW30 . 22 hit at fifty five yards.Its getting 500 fps with jsb FTT 14.66.Its zeroed at 50' currently.
I started a little higher than I thought , but eventually found it was "about" four dots down. I shot these two groups, it were not spectacular but okay considering. Then when I went down range I didn't realize one of the" ranging" groups was high in the cardboard and i'm not sure if it was all five , but it was pretty decent and probably a fluke.Then I put up my intended targets,some old soda cans and never missed. I could pull the trigger,Take a sip of my soda scratch my head, and then the pellet would hit....

View attachment 431422

View attachment 431423

View attachment 431424
It's really satisfying when you connect at 55yards, especially with a field target and knock it down. Good shooting with the 30 that could.

It's really satisfying when you connect at 55yards, especially with a field target and knock it down. Good shooting with the 30 that could.
I was going to put my knock down / reset Crosman squirrel target up,But i'm afraid the pellets would have just bounced off.....

View attachment 431422

View attachment 431423

View attachment 431424
Great shootin’

I “need“ another HW30S in .22 that I can scope. I keep the one I have with the irons on it. I have shot it for precision with the irons and it did great. I can only imagine how well it would be with a scope! 🎯🎯