What springer did you shoot today?

Never fired 1 round. In town today. Picked these up at post office. View attachment 426636The open is for a 35. Still have 3-4 arcs en-route.
‘My buddy calls me on my cell about a 1927 Vickers falling block, target rifle, .22. They listed as Mint shape. I was about 5 miles from it. Knew the owner shop, so I called, he said, “don’t drag your heels”.
Check out the sightsView attachment 426637I’m not into rimfires but this is the one I wanted. View attachment 426639All original. I know it’s not an air rifle, but had to show this safe Queen.
From the muzzle to the breach is one machined piece with a tapered barrel. 26 1/2 inchesView attachment 426642View attachment 426640The workmanship is just outstanding. This is my rim fire shooter but won’t get near the air time the springers will. Crow

View attachment 426638
Never fired 1 round. In town today. Picked these up at post office. View attachment 426636The open is for a 35. Still have 3-4 arcs en-route.
‘My buddy calls me on my cell about a 1927 Vickers falling block, target rifle, .22. They listed as Mint shape. I was about 5 miles from it. Knew the owner shop, so I called, he said, “don’t drag your heels”.
Check out the sightsView attachment 426637I’m not into rimfires but this is the one I wanted. View attachment 426639All original. I know it’s not an air rifle, but had to show this safe Queen.
From the muzzle to the breach is one machined piece with a tapered barrel. 26 1/2 inchesView attachment 426642View attachment 426640The workmanship is just outstanding. This is my rim fire shooter but won’t get near the air time the springers will. Crow

View attachment 426638
Very nice wood and rifle on the rimfire. And spring kits galore.

View attachment 426661New hw77k in .22. Vortek seal and high output kit. Got my act together and scoped it. Im really liking this one. Very little adjustment needed on scope to zero. Hopefully its a sign this is a magic rifle. This may become one of my favourite quickly. Is it just me or are the stocks slimmer than 25 years ago? My first hw97k seemed chunkier to a new one i received

Next up hw97kL then hw57.
IDK, but the comb is a lot lower on my 77K than my 97K making it more difficult to get behind the scope easily.

View attachment 426638
Damm ! the deals you get is almost making me move to Canada . ( ok Almost is maybe a stretch .)

I’ve got spring sets from 3 different manufacturers this time. The comparison should be interesting. I have 3-4 sets coming from ARC. When they come I will match them all. Crow
View attachment 426661New hw77k in .22. Vortek seal and high output kit. Got my act together and scoped it. Im really liking this one. Very little adjustment needed on scope to zero. Hopefully its a sign this is a magic rifle. This may become one of my favourite quickly. Is it just me or are the stocks slimmer than 25 years ago? My first hw97k seemed chunkier to a new one i received

Next up hw97kL then hw57.
Sweet rifle. Very nice. Crow
Damm ! the deals you get is almost making me move to Canada . ( ok Almost is maybe a stretch .)
I’ll Watch for a property for you. Crow

Reactions: Septicdeath
What's the benefit of 10.5 vs. 12ftp or higher, just a softer

What's the benefit of 10.5 vs. 12ftp or higher, just a softer shot cycle?
I installed an ARH UK kit that allows for up to 12 fpe in my HW97k with a synthetic stock. I ordered another one for the 98. I find 10.5 fpe provides a good shot cycle and enough velocity (about 750 fps) for target shooting out to 50 yards.

20240115_145530.jpg

I shot the new to me Diana 34 this morning. Just getting a feel for it. The trigger is clean at 2 lb, (measured) seems to like AA 7.87 best for power(12.8 fpe) and accuracy. 5 shots with the AA 7.87 produced a small ragged hole at 13 yds(probably .18 c to c) I like it well enough but I'm not sure how it fits into my air rifle line up. Size/weight/accuracy/trigger it's comparable to Hatsan 95 but with much less power. Power wise it's closest to HW50 but a fair amount larger/heavier with a lesser trigger, and it really doesn't compare with the HW95 other than fairly close in weight. Like I said overall I like it but don't see it being my go to for anything. Anyone have success with chopping the barrel and lightening the trigger on Diana 34/T05 trigger?

Last edited:
I shot the new to me Diana 34 this morning. Just getting a feel for it. The trigger is clean at 2 lb, (measured) seems to like AA 7.87 best for power(12.8 fpe) and accuracy. 5 shots with the AA 7.87 produced a small ragged hole at 13 yds(probably .18 c to c) I like it well enough but I'm not sure how it fits into my air rifle line up. Size/weight/accuracy/trigger it's comparable to Hatsan 95 but with much less power. Power wise it's closest to HW50 but a fair amount larger/heavier with a lesser trigger, and it really doesn't compare with the HW95 other than fairly close in weight. Like I said overall I like it but don't see it being my go to for anything. Anyone have success with chopping the barrel and lightening the trigger on Diana 34/T05 trigger?
I think Diana barrels are choked and chopping the barrel could hurt accuracy.

Reactions: crowski
Bought the original Saunders Falcon on a lark during vacation to Minnesota’s Iron Range when I was 14 years old. Shot it for many years. These are new, Christmas presents. Kim caught on quickly. The Wing is a whole different animal.

Bought the first one from AoA on their recommendation when I bought the HW95. They said it was and I’ve seen posts from others who emailed Athlon and were told all their scopes are springer rated. No issues with this one. And I have another half dozen Athlon scopes that have been flawless. Just the one 3-12 Talos and its replacement that have been carp.
Same story, bought a Diana 48 with A of A stating it was springer rated and the way to go.

View attachment 426638
Those are beautiful! My Dad had one when I was a kid. Was my absolute favorite…I loved shooting it…the sights are awesome! He sold it while I was in the service…wish he’d have kept it. Enjoy! John