• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Thanks for bringing this up. Never had any idea these are available. Crow.
Before and after. I think Gehmann discontinued the black/silver model and AOA got them cheap. Available now in all silver or gold only.
644DD79D-3376-45CD-98F8-9367DD7F7187.jpeg
F7CCE63A-08D1-4751-A396-33AD98E3BA22.jpeg

Reactions: Septicdeath
Nice shooting BoG. The Gehmann looks good on there. Have you tried a clear circular insert in front yet? FWB 300S is set up that way and it’s fantastic. Crow, about to send you a PM.
I was using the lollipop front insert. I have several clear ones but finding I shoot better with the lollipop. I’ll have to compare again. Thanks for reminding me.

Since questions were asked. Gehmann 598 rear sight unit in middle. Top right is Gehmann 510 adjustable iris for the 598. There are other options, some with color, some with magnification, etc. Top left is an adjustable front sight iris. This particular one is M18 which means it will thread right into the front sight unit on my FWB 300S. Comes in different diameters depending on your particular front sight. Different ranges of inner diameter adjustment also. Bottom right is a M18 front sight unit in case I want to use the adjustable iris on a gun that doesn’t have M18 front. Will fit Steyr, FWB, Anschutz and some other rails, and Walther with an insert. Not sure about HW. Cool stuff, extremely well made. Price reflects that.

20231118_115756_resized.jpeg

Since questions were asked. Gehmann 598 rear sight unit in middle. Top right is Gehmann 510 adjustable iris for the 598. There are other options, some with color, some with magnification, etc. Top left is an adjustable front sight iris. This particular one is M18 which means it will thread right into the front sight unit on my FWB 300S. Comes in different diameters depending on your particular front sight. Different ranges of inner diameter adjustment also. Bottom right is a M18 front sight unit in case I want to use the adjustable iris on a gun that doesn’t have M18 front. Will fit Steyr, FWB, Anschutz and some other rails, and Walther with an insert. Not sure about HW. Cool stuff, extremely well made. Price reflects that.

View attachment 407447
I saw box, thought just to show. That looks deadly!
Are the sight as good as the older Diopters? Or better?
Crow

been using diopters for years , but now cant see the type targets i shoot , lines and dot to small and very thin lines so it looks like a piece of plain paper . trying colored paper , the printer just called so P/U to9day .
Twisted my knee (bad) looks like only Arm Chair ) airgunning for a few days .

Last edited:
Four of a kind. Started to rain. Shot these 4. They been sleeping. View attachment 407235R7, and 3 HW30’s,.177, .20 and .22.
Almost knocked my self out. First time I went to jack it, I missed the barrel, pulled the gun forward and because so short, my hand missed the muzzle end. Just lightly caught me in the pumpkin.
I’m saving these for when I get older, knocking the dust off them occasionall. I have another .177 black but when jacking it something is not catching so won’t load.
These guns are all sensational. So accurate and predictable. Crow
Crow did you eventually put a kit in that 22 cal 30? Was wondering if the kit made it even more quiet. Also one more question, in your opinion which do you think feels better when shooting the 20cal or the 22cal. Not interested in the 177.
Gary

I saw box, thought just to show. That looks deadly!
Are the sight as good as the older Diopters? Or better?
Crow
Much better, much more modern. Very fine adjustments. These are used in world class and Olympic events. Like putting me in Jeff Gordon’s race car. Great equipment, watch me wad it up in Turn One. Beerthief, they make diopters with rear mag. Also make some things to attach to glasses. MDriskill, BoG, levgen721 et al know a ton about this stuff.

Much better, much more modern. Very fine adjustments. These are used in world class and Olympic events. Like putting me in Jeff Gordon’s race car. Great equipment, watch me wad it up in Turn One. Beerthief, they make diopters with rear mag. Also make some things to attach to glasses. MDriskill, BoG, levgen721 et al know a ton about this stuff.
I’m going to ask you to stop talking that way, in another 5 minutes. Crow

Kim decided she wanted a scope on her HW30. She liked the 2-7 x 32 Hawke I put on my FWB 124 so I put the fancier version on her 30. She likes lighted reticle. Took 5 shots to zero and away she went. Shot a few targets then some reactive targets and then a lively game of kick the can. She’s over the moon with the new scope. I had to be content shooting FWB 124 and 300S. Couple of marvelous guns. Nice way to spend a few hours. If anyone knows a muzzle brake that works well on the HW30 and doesn’t affect accuracy please let me know.

20231118_203228_resized.jpeg

20231118_203142_resized.jpeg

back before Christmas 2018, i bought my grandkids each a Hatsan striker edge spring piston gun in .177 for $79 each. i got one for me too......so it made it to free shipping on all of them and i was happy.
all three still shoots today and my youngest grandson has taken many squirrels and rabbits with his, he is the hunter of the 3.
well i found mine yesterday still never opened the box, so i was curious and took it out, cleaned the barrel and looked at the bore......it looked excellent with pronounced rifling.
stored inside so it all looks brand new.
i began shooting with benjamin hp's @ 10yrds.....not bad !! so i tried some H&N sniper mediums, ok
they did very well.
just for thrills i tried NSA 12.5gr .178 slugs. right at 700fps i was stacking them in 1" circle at 10yrds. so i put the target up at 35yrds to see its result.
took quite a few shots to get hold-over then, here is what it did held by my caldwell turrent rest.
purdy dang good for a $79 hatty !!
20231119_120545.jpg

when i get time later, i will check accuracy at 20yrds.
i bet it is a shooter.....🧑‍🌾