• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Makes perfect sense with a break barrel. Longer barrel = longer lever. Not the case with a HW77 or HW97. My 97K long barrel has the same cocking lever as a 97k. HW77k and HW77 long have the same cocking lever according to parts diagram. Would expect similar level of effort with same internals. Unless you’re holding it by the barrel while you pull the under lever? Not questioning that it does feel easier, just wondering why.

While we’re on HW77. Not much shooting this weekend because Kim’s mom will be here in 10 days so she’s in panic mode. Won’t calm down till the house looks like no one lives in it LOL. Put a breech seal in this and went through again before she woke up. Shot about 40 pellets through it. No chance to chrono but definitely more pop and better shot cycle. Dieseling all gone. Trigger breaks crisply at 18 oz. These old guns have a je ne sais quoi the new guns simply don’t. Definitely easier to cock than my 97 long because this one is 25mm piston.

View attachment 403519
The 77 and k are not the same
IMG_7202.jpeg
Top 3 are 77’s current models. Missing a .20. Excellent guns.
Love the patina in your gun. I like the older guns. Have a few, otherwise the only guns I ever saw are on this forum. Crow

The 77 and k are not the sameView attachment 403523Top 3 are 77’s current models. Missing a .20. Excellent guns.
Love the patina in your gun. I like the older guns. Have a few, otherwise the only guns I ever saw are on this forum. Crow
Gotcha, can see the difference. My 97K long has same length cocking rod as 97K. The barrel extends past the rod. Maybe thats why it’s a “k long” LOL?

Talk about a funny coincidence. I literally just finished cleaning my actual 9mm UZI which I shot earlier today. Locked it up, logged in, read your post, and had to laugh! Shot my .22 HW98 as well today.

Sorry to hear your new .20cal 98 is having teething pains. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out.
Most my guns were a dream right from the start, to me, especially my 98 .22. So I was hoping, expecting the .20 to make me lose sleep. Well it did, from a wet pillow from crying. 😜 Every time I shoot it now it gets better. Patience. UZI would be so cool. Illegal here. I shot a Thompson machine gun at the gun store on Flamingo Drive in Las Vegas a few moons ago. Did all the rounds non stop. Would have to be a billionaire’s hobby. Crow

Reactions: .20calguy
MK1 HW77 a little again today. Got a chance to chrono, avg 770 FPS and 11 FPE with AA 8.4, right where it should be. No more 20 FPE from dieseling or 10 FPE from knackered breech seal. Joy to shoot now, starting to smooth out nicely. Time to do some pellet testing. Love these older guns. Hoping to shoot it and the FWB 124 together this weekend.

Haven't posted in awhile, but shoot daily. It's been raining, but I have shelter to sit under. Here's yesterday's and today's

View attachment 403801

View attachment 403802

View attachment 403803
We’ve had rain as well. Pouring, still as we speak. Crow
MK1 HW77 a little again today. Got a chance to chrono, avg 770 FPS and 11 FPE with AA 8.4, right where it should be. No more 20 FPE from dieseling or 10 FPE from knackered breech seal. Joy to shoot now, starting to smooth out nicely. Time to do some pellet testing. Love these older guns. Hoping to shoot it and the FWB 124 together this weekend.
‘That’s a Sweet rifle. I’ve had my eyes pealed for an old springer. But never saw one. Crow

Reactions: .20calguy
Crow is correct, underlevers not the same from the K model to full rifle.

View attachment 403646
Can’t stop looking at these. Man the stocks of yesterday have so much more character. Thanks for sharing. Crow
Beautiful warm day here in the Ozarks and I spent about three hours shooting my HW50S and HW30S both in .20 caliber and what a relaxing fun afternoon it turned out to be. Charles

Can’t go wrong with a .20 cal. Crow
Had a bunch of errands to do. But had a window of opportunity to shoot.

View attachment 404190
Love the look of the silencer. Crow

Had another cannon out for a tear. A D 46 .22. Damn cold 28 F. View attachment 404310This gun just punishes the spinners. Crow|
Always wanted to try one of those in .177. I used to have a Diana 75 in walnut that was mint, had like a 2oz trigger, could almost one hole at 45 yards with 7.33’s and no wind.