• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Rained off and on all day. Got a morning shoot with two beauties. First off a HW77kl .177. Can’t say anything negative. Championship characteristics.
Next a favorite squirrel gun HW98k black stain. .22 cal.
IMG_6747.jpeg
Clean shooting today from both guns. Crow

IMG_6745.jpeg

58 f. tonite, jeans, jacket and a HW85 .177. This gun is breaking in to be stellar. Easy to jack, a definite keeper.
IMG_6752.jpeg
The final gun before the sun goes down a HW95 .22.
IMG_6753.jpeg
Some of Weihrauchs stocks are so bad the black looks better IMO. A good candidate for a custom stock. Luckily it shoots nicely. Like rain days. Crow

I posted a target and groups I shot with my Hw77 stainless the other day (page 135). Well I thought I’d give my little Hw50S a chance at redemption. Shooting Barracuda Greens 12.95 gr at 20 metres this little rifle had me in awe. With nothing done to it since I purchased it new about 4 years ago I was achieving better groups than my Hw77.
When I finished shooting I oiled her down and put it back into the safe. It was one of those days just leaves you smiling.
Gary

Got up early and put some rounds through the Springfield Armory M1A .22 underlever. After some tuning and tweaking it's proven to be a good consistent shooter. Just plinking backyard steel targets at 40yds from indoors as it's still raining. Trying out some RWS 14.5gr Superdomes. Chrono average for 10 shots is 738 fps with 17.5 fpe. Not bad.

M1A-1.JPG

Last edited:
Pulled out an early 80s Diana 27 for some informal target shooting. Offhand at 25yrds was getting one inch groups with open sights but was shooting high as I have a Diana 5 pistol front sight on it which maxes out the rear sight. Think I may stick a Williams peep sight on this to fix that as it's such a nice shooter.

IMG_20230914_153437~2.jpg

Wow, the new look of the stock is really something. I'm so used to the black stippling. It looks like some sort of laser cut texturing now. I like it.
there is one in the classifieds where the guy did an excellent job of black painting which i like better .

there is one in the classifieds where the guy did an excellent job of black painting which i like better .
Mine is the old style with the black stippling and slots, which I really like, but the new one looks good too. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy another. Maybe a new style .20 to go with my old style .22... :unsure:

Pulled out an early 80s Diana 27 for some informal target shooting. Offhand at 25yrds was getting one inch groups with open sights but was shooting high as I have a Diana 5 pistol front sight on it which maxes out the rear sight. Think I may stick a Williams peep sight on this to fix that as it's such a nice shooter.

View attachment 388897
Those old Dianas are such wonderful shooters. Motivated me to take my Winnie 435 apart and replace the sear spring so I can come join you!

I was blessed to have my agency buy most of my PB ammo for 38 years. Now being retired that benefit has gone away and I am amazed by some of the costs. I shoot a lot less with my PBs.
My dad had that benefit as well. He was career law enforcement, 28 years. After the Army my career was in the firearms industry and I was fortunate enough to be the person who shot the proof targets for a couple of the larger custom rifle manufacturers. Basically, I got paid to shoot, and never had to spend a penny on ammo. 20 years of shooting .308, .300 win mag, and .50 bmg sniper rifles really played hell with my shoulders though.

My holy grail was the HW77 long , took a long time and then it just sat there before my eyes right next a lefty tx200 @ Midwest show bought both right there as fast as i could At these Air Gun Show's you have to be ready to buy when you see it or it is gone ..

Took my HW30S, in .177 caliber, and fed it a bunch of pellets and many targets were moved. Charles
Timeless gun. Crow
Wow, the new look of the stock is really something. I'm so used to the black stippling. It looks like some sort of laser cut texturing now. I like it.
I like the black, I don’t mind the natural. It will grow on you. Crow
Mine is the old style with the black stippling and slots, which I really like, but the new one looks good too. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy another. Maybe a new style .20 to go with my old style .22... :unsure:
That’s a great idea to get one. Crow
My holy grail was the HW77 long , took a long time and then it just sat there before my eyes right next a lefty tx200 @ Midwest show bought both right there as fast as i could At these Air Gun Show's you have to be ready to buy when you see it or it is gone ..
I like the 77’s. Probably had to rub your eyes when you saw the 77. 👍Crow

Timeless gun. Crow

I like the black, I don’t mind the natural. It will grow on you. Crow

That’s a great idea to get one. Crow

I like the 77’s. Probably had to rub your eyes when you saw the 77. 👍Crow
ill admit i didn't believe it ,had to pick it up and read on the gun to make sure , I said to the seller im a lefty so have to make sure fit its and he said that's a lefty TX200 right there next to it . i think my hands were shaky when i handed the $$ over for both .

Reactions: crowski
Was out doing some sight in and proofing of the scopes turret clicks / range calibration a few hours ago.
TX-200 MKIII in LP (Poland) clothing set up for FT duty.

View attachment 389123
Nice jewellery on top.
I have to ask. I notice the butt end looks like is out of the movie “Terminator”. I see these on the PCP, which I know nothing. It looks really uncomfortable but cool looking. Is the butt end a FT thing? Is it comfortable? Crow
It’s great to shoot off your porch.
I dug out a range behind my wood shop. I moved the earth to the back of my property. Where I dropped it, is now my range, when I realized I could shoot off the covered porch. The main squeeze didn’t mind me setting up shooting tables permanently, she saved the marriage. Where I originally dug out for range is now parking.
‘You have some massive trees back there. Crow
HW35 pre safety standard from 1971, and HW35Export from 1980...not very accurate?View attachment 389209View attachment 389210
Nice shooting and priceless guns. Love the sights. Thanks for showing. Crow