• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Those are very hard to find in the states. BSA prewar underlevers are a dime a dozen compared to German Millita style. MILLITA not MILITIA!
The Millita style BSA breakdown pattern was built as a youth rifle in the 30's. This one has the doll head snapped off the foresight so I never really shot it. I have it sold when I get to it. These are pretty rare too.

View attachment 378499
Check Chambers gun makers and John Knibbs in the UK for a front sight. They both carry a lot of prewar BSA parts.

I’ve never seen another pre-war Diana before. I’ve had several BSA in the past, but I always hold on to this one. I picked it up several years ago in a fantastic little gun shop in Genoa, Nevada.

Last edited:
looking for an underlever in this vintage , i see a few at the shows , have no idea what a fair price should be ?
I usually see BSAs go between $350 and up. Depending on rarity and overall condition. At the past few Midwest airgun show and Toys That Shoot show, there were several available at good prices

I usually see BSAs go between $350 and up. Depending on rarity and overall condition. At the past few Midwest airgun show and Toys That Shoot show, there were several available at good prices
yes i saw them , but i know nothing about them . probably should have taken the chance . I am a shooter, if i own it i shoot it . guess a little more reading is in order .

Reactions: drpietrzak
yes i saw them , but i know nothing about them . probably should have taken the chance . I am a shooter, if i own it i shoot it . guess a little more reading is in order .
If you want to learn more about prewar BSA's get The Book of BSA Air Rifle 1905-1939 by John Milewski. It's available from Protea Supplies in the UK.

I have it and it is fantastic font of knowledge with excellent photos.

Also John Knibbs book on Lincoln Jefferies and BSA is great too

Last edited:
Reactions: beerthief
If you want to learn more about prewar BSA's get The Book of BSA Air Rifle 1905-1939 by John Milewski. It's available from Protea Supplies in the UK.

I have it and it is fantastic font of knowledge with excellent photos.

Also John Knibbs book on Lincoln Jefferies and BSA is great too
Learn for free on the Vintage Airgun Gallery BSA section. Will take you all week to read it all. The books are good too.
$350 won't buy much on the open market. I know a little bit about them. Collected 40 years. I don't go to shows where you can buy for wholesale prices. But they've all gone up anyway from when I bought all mine.
BSA top collector piece: Spoken for.
IMG_3404.png

Learn for free on the Vintage Airgun Gallery BSA section. Will take you all week to read it all. The books are good too.
$350 won't buy much on the open market. I know a little bit about them. Collected 40 years. I don't go to shows where you can buy for wholesale prices. But they've all gone up anyway from when I bought all mine.
BSA top collector piece: Spoken for.
View attachment 378523
thanks for the info. not really looking for a colector , would not turn down , but like i said im a shooter and i really love to shoot vintage guns .
nice bolt action underlever , do you shoot it ?

Reactions: Septicdeath
Did some work on a couple of Webleys and test fired them today. The .177 C-1, a recent acquisition went from shooting 9ftlb to 11.3 after a new mainspring and lube, very satisfying upgrade. The .22 Webley Tracker in camo had a theoben gas ram which died and was shooting 5ftlb. Put a Welsh Willey kit in it and it was shooting 11.25ftlb, nice power for one of these but pretty harsh firing. I need to shoot 50 or so pellets to see if it calms down and if not may remove some slip washers, or pull the kit and put a new gas ram in had from Knibbs in it. If I can have it shoot 10 ft lb and have a nice firing cycle that's my goal.

IMG_20230806_161420~2.jpg

thanks for the info. not really looking for a colector , would not turn down , but like i said im a shooter and i really love to shoot vintage guns .
nice bolt action underlever , do you shoot it ?
No, I never really shot it. But hardly ever fired is a big + for this gun. It's worth $3 or 4,000. Very highly sought after among prewar BSA collectors. Losing my interest in vintage guns last year or so. So I've been talking about reducing the herd to a fellow collector.

I got tired of waiting for the new scope to arrive for the new Winchester/Daisy so I pulled the one off the old Winchester/Daisy and went to work. I started off at the indoor range at 15 yards with the intent of moving to the outdoor range at 25 yards. Unfortunately the outdoor range was too busy and then the lightning shut down outdoors.

I zeroed the scope to the rifle and then fired five round groups with five different pellets. Please excuse the chicken scratch on the targets. The pellets starting with the lower left were Premier 7.7 grain hollow points, Sig 7.7 grain match, H & N Crow magnum, then the upper two are H & N Baracuda and Premier pointed pellets.

I think I will concentrate on the Baracuda pellets and refine my technique.

Not bad for the first 36 pellets through the rifle. Two inch orange dots.

View attachment 378140

I got out in the mobile blind for a little time this afternoon with the new Winchester. The weather was not cooperating with overcast conditions. I saw two critters and recovered one carcass. I know I hit the other one but he made it to his hole so I didn't recover him.

I’m frail now. My knees are toast. I’ve been putting stairs in to make safe. The big machine is gone.
When I can’t climb, I’ll hire a hooker to come once a week to paint them. Lol.
Thanks Gary got some great ideas for it coming. All the best. Crow

Gun looks great. Can’t say the same as your weather. Have you ever experienced a heat wave like this? Crow
Crowski,

I don't know your age but it sounds like we have similar knee issues. On a good day I can stumble to the coffee pot every morning. I continue to do what I can with my springers on my critters.

We made it into the mid 70s today in Cheyenne.

Weste

Shot a good off hand 5 shot group at 40 today with the .20, kinda made me 😃

View attachment 378581

View attachment 378582
Impressive shooting. There must be some kind of prize for you. Crow
sighting in my FWB600 , needed to go to the hardware store to get shim washers so that was an hour and half blown for 6 brass thin stock washers to boost the cheek weld up a bit .
Might be good to grab a few for the drawers. Crow
Did some work on a couple of Webleys and test fired them today. The .177 C-1, a recent acquisition went from shooting 9ftlb to 11.3 after a new mainspring and lube, very satisfying upgrade. The .22 Webley Tracker in camo had a theoben gas ram which died and was shooting 5ftlb. Put a Welsh Willey kit in it and it was shooting 11.25ftlb, nice power for one of these but pretty harsh firing. I need to shoot 50 or so pellets to see if it calms down and if not may remove some slip washers, or pull the kit and put a new gas ram in had from Knibbs in it. If I can have it shoot 10 ft lb and have a nice firing cycle that's my goal.

View attachment 378596
The camo one looks deadly. Crow
I got out in the mobile blind for a little time this afternoon with the new Winchester. The weather was not cooperating with overcast conditions. I saw two critters and recovered one carcass. I know I hit the other one but he made it to his hole so I didn't recover him.
Hope you get your scope soon. We got pounded with rain. Crow
still burned out , so your acting like me and say yes to a job thinking like your still only 40 ?
Try someone a 1/3 my age. Shoveling and raking 10 hrs. for 7 days. Daughter got quotes for $30,000 for o-pipe and hook-up. $5000. for drive. We did both for $6000. +. Neighbor asked me to do theirs. Never again.
Worst part of it all, I never shot for 1 week, record. Crow

Crowski,

I don't know your age but it sounds like we have similar knee issues. On a good day I can stumble to the coffee pot every morning. I continue to do what I can with my springers on my critters.

We made it into the mid 70s today in Cheyenne.

Weste
Just turned 69 2 weeks ago. I inherited them, my dad and grandfather same deal. Not far from a cane. Looking for a beauty now.
I never saw a squirrel in over a month. Crow

Reactions: drpietrzak
Just turned 69 2 weeks ago. I inherited them, my dad and grandfather same deal. Not far from a cane. Looking for a beauty now.
I never saw a squirrel in over a month. Crow

I am four years ahead of you. I don't have any history of knee issues in my family that I know of. 9 years in the Navy Seabees and 38 years of law enforcement contributed. I think my record was in 2017 with the solar eclipse. One of my parks in Wyoming was on the path of total darkness. After the eclipse I stood in the same intersection for nine hours trying to get all of the visitors out of the park and onto the nearby interstate that was bumper to bumper for 200 miles at about 10 mph. When I finally quit it took us three hours to go 100 miles. I know that is not unusual for some of you, but that drive is usually about an hour an a half. The speed limit is 80 mph.