• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

I shot my little HW 57, .22 cal this afternoon. I have it set up with a rear diopter sight and it points almost as quickly and instinctively as a lightweight upland game sxs shotgun. I was shooting offhand at hanging soda cans, load point in general direction, release safety, shoulder quickly, sight and shoot. The .22 makes the cans jump much better than the .177. I tried some JSB Exact Jumbo Monster pellets but the are just too tight for the breech, even using a pellet seater so went with the Crosman domed pellets, always a good fallback pellet for plinking.

Reactions: crowski
That’s the PreciHole Sports Athena (Nitro-Piston) in .177 20J, dead-accurate at 50m dumping ~10FPE.
It’s my Kid-time Nostalgia Caller when I used to pull out (sneakily) my Dad’s Diana 350 .22 and was barely able to load it with all my body weight… used to pass-through banana trunks all the shots I could, and finding a shot pellet and be able to reuse felt an achievement, kindda…
View attachment 289012
That’s an awesome looking gun, and again the silencer looks deadly. Thanks for sharing Crow
I shot my little HW 57, .22 cal this afternoon. I have it set up with a rear diopter sight and it points almost as quickly and instinctively as a lightweight upland game sxs shotgun. I was shooting offhand at hanging soda cans, load point in general direction, release safety, shoulder quickly, sight and shoot. The .22 makes the cans jump much better than the .177. I tried some JSB Exact Jumbo Monster pellets but the are just too tight for the breech, even using a pellet seater so went with the Crosman domed pellets, always a good fallback pellet for plinking.
The 57 has my interest. And I love shooting cans.
‘Are you happy will the 57 so far? Crow
Shot my hw30 in the wind this afternoon. Interesting how it affected the pellets versus the mostly dead calm days I've mostly been shooting in...
Yes it is . My range is protected from the wind as a rule. Rarely when I do I notice how the wind affects shots. Especially .177 HW30. Can’t beat that gun otherwise. Crow
I shot my huntsman open sights haven’t sho in years
Not familiar, I’m shure it’s a gem. Crow

That’s an awesome looking gun, and again the silencer looks deadly. Thanks for sharing Crow

Yes it is . My range is protected from the wind as a rule. Rarely when I do I notice how the wind affects shots. Especially .177 HW30. Can’t beat that gun otherwise. Crow

BRAIN FART I’m old it’s a marksman model 70, not huntsman

"The 57 has my interest. And I love shooting cans.
‘Are you happy will the 57 so far? Crow"

Yes, there is one extra step in loading. You have to remember to push the breech block down after inserting the pellet. The only gun I have that handles nearly as well is my old FWB 124, at least from a quick offhand shooting type activity. Heavier guns are much better off a bench. It is not a target rifle, although I have gotten some small 20 yard groups, but more a walking around, hunting type rifle.

I use paper to get a gun shooting where I want it to hit then it's cans, or other reactive type targets . There is nothing like the instant gratification of seeing the target jump or fall.

Reactions: crowski
today i am ordering a custom stock for the HW97k so i shot it one more time b4 i order YES custom cs1000 with no stippling on th forend .
Good for you. I wanna be like you when I grow up. Can’t wait to buy custom stocks. Looking forward to seeing it. Enjoy.
"The 57 has my interest. And I love shooting cans.
‘Are you happy will the 57 so far? Crow"

Yes, there is one extra step in loading. You have to remember to push the breech block down after inserting the pellet. The only gun I have that handles nearly as well is my old FWB 124, at least from a quick offhand shooting type activity. Heavier guns are much better off a bench. It is not a target rifle, although I have gotten some small 20 yard groups, but more a walking around, hunting type rifle.

I use paper to get a gun shooting where I want it to hit then it's cans, or other reactive type targets . There is nothing like the instant gratification of seeing the target jump or fall.
The 57 certainly has my attention.
I have a BSA Polaris which is deadly accurate and one of my hardest hitters. Only problem is loading. Almost have to be Cirque du Soleil performant to load. The round goes down a slid and then slide a cover. I crush a lot.
Crow

This morning rain, gun day, I don’t work in rain. My line up 7B325F9D-458F-4F8C-A3B7-7031168F99D6.jpeg a HW95 .22, HW97k .22 my first 97, again HW97kl .20 (the dream) and a HW77 spec. .177.148FEFE0-AC5F-44D7-A1E6-33B9A487D7D5.jpeg I could rant on about the .20, the 77 was just as outstanding. I’m blown away by the accuracy of these guns. I really enjoy rain days besides it softens the ground which I’m working on. Crow

A Theoben SLR 98 .22 wearing 30mm rings and a 4.5X14 Leupold scope. First shoot since service over a year ago, David Slade did the service, it's running at 13 fpe with CP domes. I was very impressed not being broken in yet, easy to cock at 13 fpe and printed some nice groups @ 31.5 yds. One flier on box 4, I pulled through the second stage not used to the trigger yet.
20220912_120140.jpg
20220912_115524.jpg

20220912_120140.jpg

20220912_115524.jpg

20220912_120556.jpg

Beeman P17. Sig Air 7.71s. In 10 meter off hand challenge. 2 handed off hand for 215 of 250.

View attachment 289409

View attachment 289410
Excellent shooting and sweet pistol. That’s something I need a lot of practice on. Crow
My Brand new TX200. I just installed a Vortek tuning kit. A super shooter. The more I shoot it the tighter the groups. One of us is getting better.
You have a gorgeous rifle. Enjoy. Can’t wait to put a Vortec in mine. Crow
A Theoben SLR 98 .22 wearing 30mm rings and a 4.5X14 Leupold scope. First shoot since service over a year ago, David Slade did the service, it's running at 13 fpe with CP domes. I was very impressed not being broken in yet, easy to cock at 13 fpe and printed some nice groups @ 31.5 yds. One flier on box 4, I pulled through the second stage not used to the trigger yet.View attachment 289476View attachment 289477

View attachment 289470

View attachment 289471

View attachment 289472

Hw 95 and 80 both in 22 cal. R8 177 lights out at 25&30 yards
Great rifles. Is the R8 same as the HW85?
. Crow
A Theoben SLR 98 .22 wearing 30mm rings and a 4.5X14 Leupold scope. First shoot since service over a year ago, David Slade did the service, it's running at 13 fpe with CP domes. I was very impressed not being broken in yet, easy to cock at 13 fpe and printed some nice groups @ 31.5 yds. One flier on box 4, I pulled through the second stage not used to the trigger yet.View attachment 289476View attachment 289477

View attachment 289470

View attachment 289471

View attachment 289472
Gorgeous rifle and accurate. I’m not familiar but very nice. Enjoy Crow

Reactions: drpietrzak
Had another dead calm evening here while shooting my new hw30. I recently picked up Crosman field target type squirrel target. The little rifle just kept drilling the 1 3/8" bullseye of the target at 50 yards. You talk about therapeutic!

I fear my wife is getting tired of hearing me go on and on about this quality little gem. I'm a long time powder burner with a safe full of quality guns, so I'm no stranger to rifles.....

Again, I should be beaten with a stick for having waited so long to explore these guns!!

Had another dead calm evening here while shooting my new hw30. I recently picked up Crosman field target type squirrel target. The little rifle just kept drilling the 1 3/8" bullseye of the target at 50 yards. You talk about therapeutic!

I fear my wife is getting tired of hearing me go on and on about this quality little gem. I'm a long time powder burner with a safe full of quality guns, so I'm no stranger to rifles.....

Again, I should be beaten with a stick for having waited so long to explore these guns!!
Ah the 30, a gun for anyone. Such a pleasure to shoot. Crow

What a great day. Christianed my 97 .20.
Had these 4 rifles out. 580B4467-188A-4D59-9955-9B88D559CD60.jpeg HW97KL .20, HW 50 .22, HW97kt .177 and a Pro Sport .177
59C02DA8-C310-43D3-A323-D585894E57F3.jpeg The PS could be a lazor. No scope adjustment just business. Fantastic gun. It’s going to molt the wood one day.A3E0DDCA-42D5-4A7B-B88E-F4EDF7285B85.jpeg The 97 thumb hole, a simile to perfection. Another winner as well the HW50.
For third day in a row the HW97 .20 was in my hands and I spot a tree rat up a pine.C0B9A4D6-4A9A-46D1-AEE8-EEA53622B57F.jpeg Top right branch solo, 60 ft. high 30 yds. away. Rested the gun on corner of house. Hit the ground like a brick, I recommend a parachute for him next time. By the time I got down there he was gone. Not enough excitement, I pulled my lights out and I was shooting because it now gets dark at 7:30 at night which is a drag. Bugs are no problem this time of year.09062C9E-B683-45CA-A0E7-7C4DA3295DA2.jpeg I haven’t worked on my range yet but I’m going to. I have to say I really enjoy shooting at night the targets illuminate nicely. Crow